Blizzard Banning Players Exploiting Reputation

I’d like to see the demonstration.

Starting to think that everyone who said that things would never change and still be the same after Microsoft bought Blizzard were dead wrong.

1 Like

During the duration of the World First Race, the viewership across Twitch peaked at around 388,000 concurrent viewers with more than 25 million hours watched according to Esports Chart Data.
ht tps 5://w ww.si. com/esports/wow/how-to-race-for-world-first

1 Like

Yea I never understood the “who cares” crowd about the worlds first. These are the best players who play the game. Of course it’s interesting for a lot of people to see how they beat the hardest content the quickest.

So “across twitch” removes those that are only watching their favorite streamers from the equation? Meaning that they are specifically watching for the event and not just the streamer?

Did you miss the screenshot?

It wasn’t a token purchase.

Also, not in gifts.

Like I said, already went over all this with “support” in the ticket. They basically said “tough luck” (although they hinted that if I buy ANOTHER 12m sub I MIGHT get the rewards I was promised for the last one…but that’s not gonna happen at this point).

At the end of the day, it’s not worth the effort of continuing to pursue (instead I’ll just take nice long vacations and give other MMOs my money instead whenever I hit any sort of content draught)…but it also means that I’ll take anything they claim to fix via ticket with a gigantic grain of salt always, because they don’t do what they promise in the first place.

They were talking about RWF viewers. Across all the twitch RWF streams. People care, people watch. Declaring no one cares doesn’t make it so, particularly in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.

Should’ve been at least a 7 day ban, this way they miss out on a full vault cycle to really put the ! on it.

Not sure how much that matters when we’re talking world-first level peeps.

If they wanted to put an ! on it, better would have been to hold for a few days and then do it so one or more of the 4 days fell after mythic (raid) is released.

The reason I like this, even though it may be inconsequential to the race, is that is shows them Blizz is watching, and will take action if necessary. That’s a good thing going into the race, because guilds will try anything. In a way they should skirt the line of what’s allowed, but knowing Blizz will punish is important going in to keep everyone participating in-line.

Rep exploit bans should be extended to account for maintenance time.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I’m an innocent player caught in the crossfire. Obviously, I am happy obvious exploiters got banned. However, if there is truly no way for Blizzard to tell between intentional exploiters and unintentional, then nobody should be banned. Just roll back the rep. To do this on the eve of the first raid week of the season is simply despicable, innocent players are going to miss out on one of the best experiences of a new xpack.

1 Like

I’m just going to be real here,

I truly doubt they wrongfully ban people as much as people claim, and I don’t know you, or what exactly you did to just believe it because it was typed onto a forum topic. I do know people who do commit cheats will immediately in a microsecond defend themselves, make up stories, ect to get out of it. Then complain on the forums afterwards.

There’s absolutely no way we can gauge if you’re lying, and just picking up a pitchfork in the crowd of people who love to hate Blizz here, or are telling the truth.

I believe they can have a false positive reading on cheating at times. Nothing is perfect, but I really doubt those people come here and complain about it. Those people are probably actually trying to contact Blizz to clear things up.

I know some will say I’m wrong and should believe the wrongfully accused, but I just don’t believe it. I don’t have enough evidence.

My appeal is in and I’ve already gone through phase 1 of the auto-response and am awaiting a human response now. Here’s my situation, and you are free to believe I’m lying, but instead just consider if what I’m telling you is a POSSIBLE scenario, even if you choose not to think it is my specific scenario.

I had two wow accounts. My second account only has a level 1 gnome that sits in SW for auctions. That account doesn’t even have TWW. I only have one max level character, only one character that did TWW quests. The moment I hit 80, my second wow account was logged in nearly 24/7 for posting auctions. I do not look at my exact renown numbers before and after turning in every quest. I have no idea how quickly Blizzard intended for Threads renown to grow, but mine is 18 and I never once had a feeling that was improper. What, exactly, should I have done differently?

That’s why it’s exploit early, exploit often if they just roll stuff back.

I’m not saying proclaimed innocence is wrong in the details. I’m saying I don’t necessarily believe the scenarios being presented, and if you knew that you were gaining rep faster than normal, and grouped with an AH alt for no apparently good reason. that’s probably a red flag Blizz will consider.

I mean, you can claim ignorance, I just don’t know if that’s sufficient enough to Blizz because in essence, you participated in the cheat. Willing or not, it helped you gain rep a lot faster than normal. Which could lead to a lot of unintended advantages for the season, economy, ect.

It’s next to impossible to know if somebody is honest by just saying “I didn’t know”. Also, why would you be grouped with your bank alt? That’s weird. If you have another account, just have it at the AH without grouping. Being grouped is an indicator that foul play may be involved.

I was not grouped with my AH alt. Both accounts were simply logged in at the same time. I played the game -exactly- how a player not exploiting would play, but simply logged in to an extra account at the same time posting auctions. I did NOT know I was gaining rep faster than normal, please explain to me how I should have known? I have seen many posts from players who were not hit with the ban who have Threads rep at 15, 16, 17. Clearly, I am not even close to being outside the bounds of plausibility.

It’s a slap on the wrist, they’re not gonna actually ban their raiders.

weird that this is where they decided to act when it’s the least impacting exploit ive seen in a while.

maybe they decided to do something because this one is easier to “fix” :wink:

i didnt actually take the time to check whats in those renown tracks at higher level though, maybe i’m talking out of my hat.

Yeah. “Imagine” HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE <.<" ">.>