Blizzard Banning Players Exploiting Reputation

can anyone explain this to me? iv heard its about multi boxing or something.

Iv copped the 4 day ban, they wont tell me why.

I only have 1 character and havent logged on to any alts at all in this xpac.
i only have 1 account linked to my battlenet. (iv never in 19 years had more than my 1 account)
im only renown 14 with the spider guys through killing rare spawns and doing world quests.

2 Likes

Should be longer bans (maybe even permanent) as well as a complete reset of the renown

I got caught in this banwave too
Have only one active account the other are just trial

Yes but it impacts race for world first players. If it was just implemented theyā€™re hosed as far as being able to even compete in the raceā€¦ Which is fine with me. This is a W for Blizzard and Iā€™m glad that theyā€™ve done something more than just blink.

Donā€™t let your hatred of sweaty wf raiders obscure that this is just lazy testing on blizzards end. They have a big enough team that they can just do roll backs and not ban people.

2 Likes

exactly. there are so many people caught up in this that did not know about the bug or even exploit it.

parent and kid linked accounts, windowed mode players leveling 2 characters. players that were leveling on 1 account and even if they had a 2nd account open while at the ah etcā€¦ all banned.

there is a guy in my discord that has his kid son that plays with him. they went through the ahnā€™kahet campaign made it to renowned 11 before hitting 80 and stopped questing. but because the sons account was also getting warbound rep, BANNED. lol blizzard is funny. they really did not think this one through. so many innocent people got shot down on this one. and they had nothing to gain.

2 Likes

As nice as that is to see, its just an account supsension. IP/Hardware suspensions should be the base line. 4 days is laughable at best though.

Better than nothing, so thereā€™s that atleast.

To the people who got caught up in it unintentionally, that really sucks and you should appeal it. If you accidentally benefitted from it once and got suspended, you should be able to appeal. If you continued to benefit from it, well, you got your suspension and thatā€™s what happens.

Idk, because it seems it specifically has to do with getting high level gear because of the rep.

How hard is it to come up with stories totally justifying why it happened to somebody too. Cheaters are willing to do it to begin with. Just automatically believing these stories seems wrong.

Im sure a few ignorant people got caught it the crossfire, but im also pretty sure 95% were people who willfully looked to exploit. Even a normal player that came accross this by accident probably would think twice about it.

yea but the fact remains that unless you are rwf top 10 there is absolutely no benefit to being max renowned.

there are so many players that are between renowned 7 and renowned 20 that got banned simply because they had a 2nd account running for whatever reason and the rep was also given to that account via warbound.

people with 7 renowned banned. just 1 unknowing and unintentional double dip and banned.

we can see why the rwf players did it. they exploited to 25 to get the max trinket and hero track crests / upgrades. but there are people that are between renowned 7-20 that didnt even know a 2nd account was getting it that got caught up in this mess.

1 Like

Yea, im sure there are some who for caught in the crossfire, but honestly i blame the cheaters more than Blizz. Blizz doesnā€™t have a perfect system of figuring out the intentions of players on a situation like this, but the cheathers caused the players who stumbled upon it to get punaihed as well

Again though I highly doubt they do not look into every case with a close eye. A blue said as much when they deal with bans.

ā€œI donā€™t care about RWF. Which must mean no one cares because my thoughts and feelings are facts.ā€

If you knew anything about techonlogy you would know that IP/hardware bans are security theater and worse than useless. Because those can be changed by anyone with access to google and 30 seconds. IP bans are even worse because a lot of people donā€™t even have their own IP anymore and itā€™s shared among things like large apartment complexes.

Waiting for the usual ā€œA human reviews EVERY account before they ban it!ā€ gaslighters to come in here.

So all I read is that all, or a lot, of Method got banned but no one in Echo or Liquid. Max I believe stated no one on their end even took advantage of this bug/exploit to boost renown as well. Iā€™m guessing Echo did the same as Liquid and did not take advantage with most of their team.

But apparently Method was hit hard, and no idea who else was affected that may be attempting the RWF.

My guess is everything is still mostly fine for the RWF at least though.

Unless they reverted the rep, I didnā€™t see that stated, this 4 day ban is a silly nothing burger.

I thought i heard 4 players were effected on Method. I could be off on that, but i suspected today a lot of ban complaints would arrise.

Apparently weā€™re expected to believe Blizz just bans people that are totally innocent.

Its like those cop shows where they catch a guy with drugs, and his first reponse is ā€œidk where that came from this is a friends jacketā€.

The guilty arenā€™t exactly going to be honest, and then you have Blizz haters just jumping on the bandwagon.

Oh yeah they always come to the forums for some odd reason expecting some Dev to descend from the heavens and bless them and their account. Most of the time people did something wrong, but sometimes it likely is a false positive from what I can recall about these conversations.

And yeah I have zero clue as to how many were affected but that definitely sucks for various teams depending on the talent they lost.

1 Like

Its mostly those guilds/pro gamer boosters who were going for world first money that got banned for 4 days. They can also expect to be watched by blizz staff now so canā€™t get away with their usual shenanigans exploiting bugs.

1 Like

so who stands to gain the most from this, its not us base players!

I donā€™t think itā€™s necessarily a situation where thereā€™s massive gain. The gain would be that the game is more honest, in an mmo where exploitation could have massive effects on the world, thatā€™s a good thing.