Blizzard, are you even listening?

The hairstyles in that video are really f’ing cool. It’s a bitter reminder of how awful of a job they did with the nightborne in the first place.

8 Likes

Given how few options our current allied races have, that certainly wouldn’t make me any happier. Instead I’d be thinking, oh great, we’re getting some more half-finished races instead of them putting the finishing touches on the ones we got years ago! Yay!

8 Likes

I have more customizations on my iPhone than I do ingame. Wildstar and Aion had incredible customization capability-nose length, eye shape and size, face and body shapes. WoW certainly has the capability but no desire to spend money on that aspect of the game.

4 Likes

the day blizzard implement those arcane flow hairstyles i will be so hyped, honestly i think it can be a hair color option.

and like if the community can come up with such amazing ideas for nightborne why blizzard keep avoiding it like this race doesn’t even exist?

1 Like

I’d forgive them if they worked on the nightborne, giving them more options and improving their looks throughout this expansion. There are races I focus more on, but the nightborne deserve better.

11 Likes

Modern Blizzard not actually doing what they said they would do? Yeah, this is not surprising at all

5 Likes

hope blizzard acknowledge that too, as upset i am that they left out nightborne allied race in general needs to take a look at in terms of more customization/adding more to them, we are all worked hard on them, some took us few weeks achieve them back in BFA, and its just feels bad to see those races treated so bad and even sometimes feels like blizzard ignoring their existence

like nightborne’s racial is so weak is ridiculous, we need a rework for them but again its a another topic, all i want is just simply blizzard mentions this problem and work on it, instead? “Good enough”… i just feel ignored and i even thought about unsubbing after this Q&A but other hand its tough decision since i really enjoy this game but then you get this disrespect brushed off answer of good enough,

feels bad to be nightborne main now…

4 Likes

Sadly if they do anything to the nightbornes they will look too close to the npcs or nightelves.

Huge rip .

2 Likes

That would still be fine though as it’d give them more than what…3 skin tone options?

2 Likes

this looks lame tho. I don’t want copy paste night elf stuff. Nightborne are not night elf animore and haven’t been for 10 thousand years. I want the complete opposite. Differentiating them entirely from their distant cousins.

2 Likes

well its not a bad thing, alot of nightborne players want to look like their npc counterparts (such as squinty eyes) some suggested felborne ideas that could work perfectly with warlocks

or just new ideas such as the vines/arcane flow hairstyles in the video, more skin tones and more face options, im sure blizzard can manage to do that but are they going to? are they going to ignore this race for entire expansion yet again after giving hopes of more options coming up in future?

5 Likes

It would have been nice for them to at least say they’d work on it at some point in the expansion. It’s really disproportionate the amount of customization for Nightborne compared to most other races. I want to love my NB but don’t enjoy the lack of options.

7 Likes

Not going to disagree, but at least we’d be getting something rather than nothing. That’s how I look at it, anyways.

3 Likes

was looking at blood elf male hairstyle option and they have 21 options

vs

nightborne male 7 hairstyle options

Now blizzard, in what world THIS looks good enough for entire expansion? sorry, 2 expansions if you count BFA

3 Likes

As great as that would be, I think people use existing materials as a way of telling blizzard how desperate we are. “Surely you can do this much, right? All you have to do is move it to a nightborne’s head. We know you can do it. Please?!”

4 Likes

Ehm you dont get the idea i think . We “cant” have a race that looks like a npc in particular because that will open a pandora box for everysingle race.

Right now nightbornes are in a bad situation tbh.

Where they cant “get” more customization and if they get will maybe only new colours to their hair or something like that.

Blizzard be like “we need more feedback” and then never look at feedback

10 Likes

i mean its just one of the ideas, there are alot of pandora box stuff in world of warcraft, i don’t think its a reason to just block entire race that people grinded so long for, why not make the arcane infused hairstyles? why not make squinty eyes option for nightborne to look like more nightborne npc counterpart, playable nightbornes have almost same exact same squinty eyes when they read mailbox or open map so hey why not, playable orcs look like npc orcs i don’t see the point in blocking the possibility of more options because of this.
the community came up with alot of ideas for nightborne im sure a MULTI BILLION company can too, like blizzard isn’t a small company and WoW itself is so much profitable so they do have the budget to make it come true

nightborne can have more customizations believe me, it all matter if blizz will work on it which i believe they will at some point but we need our voices to be heard and speak up, the state of nightborne is not okay at all

after this Q&A this is exactly how i feel, those nightborne suggestions aren’t new, they been going on for awhile and we all gave feedback about it, something got changed? the thread speaks for itself

6 Likes

Odd that they would wait to react until now, when the beta testers were very specific about things they thought would be bad. Are you saying they needed to take into account the opinions of people who had no idea?

They designed the expansion full of “features” that they knew people would hate. That’s why they kept dribbling out those “bad news but you’ll get used to it” announcements about what was coming.

People actually do have a pretty good idea of what they want. Any responsible company would do scientific marketing research to find out what their customers would be willing to pay for and what they’d quit over.

“People have no idea what they want, so it’s perfectly legitimate to design the entire expansion around things we already know in advance they’ll hate and quit over, because people are stupid and won’t quit if they’re not having fun.”

6 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/no-new-customizations-is-the-dont-you-guys-have-phones-of-2021/877887/375

like blizzard have the budget, so why we as passionate community that spend all that time on feedback and suggesting ideas got a big middle finger in that Q&A
why does it feel like blizzard lacks passion about the game and even cut costs on feature that everyone will like?

why we as nightborne will have to suffer 2 entire expansions of blizzard treating us like we don’t exist, 2 entire expansions that we have no customization at all while other races have such amazing selection, why we as a people that pay for the game get treated so badly and not even mention our problems

and its not like its hard to pull more customization especially for a company like blizzard, so why? just why?

there is a reddit post of one talented person that proves it isn’t that hard to pull it off if enough work put into it, where the hell my money goes to?

4 Likes