Blizzard Any Plans For Pride Month?

Or ride a flak around the hall…

ANd YEAH OOPS

Dangit, outta likes!

and, to be fair, if i could afford it i’d buy a railgun manufactured by blizzard

i don’t know what i’d do with it, but i’d definitely have it!

2 Likes

At least you could transmog it to look like an inconspicuous bow

And man, I really don’t mean to derail a thread about something worthwhile. Sorry!

1 Like

They already did something for you. They canonized a world in which homophobia doesn’t exist. A pride event makes absolutely no sense in game, because there is no oppression in the game for this. :+1:

8 Likes

AyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3

You’re all good hun - you’re bringing some much needed light and levity here. :relaxed:

1 Like

I also just realized the ‘derail’ comment amidst a ‘railgun’ side bar chat…

2 Likes

EW she can do so much better than that

(It does, and sexism does, and racism does too - I wish that was true but I’m afraid it isn’t. :frowning: Examples of each - well, homophobia and all, we’re not gonna see a ton of it, but Magni treated Moira very poorly for her entire childhood because she wasn’t his son, which spurred her entire dark iron rebellious phase, and I mean…look at anything Garrosh said, Lord Godfrey in Gilneas, that general in WC3…the game’s full of the stuff. And people are fighting it in there, just like they are here.)

2 Likes

“ew she’s straight”

The lead writer literally said it’s canon in the world that homophobia doesn’t exist.

Racism and sexism maybe sure, but quit throwing in things that aren’t on topic for this.

7 Likes

So is pasta until its wet? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I mean admittedly Silgryn does seem a little…tame for Valeera. I feel like someone like Flynn would mesh really well with her - or Shaw. They’ve got eachother though. Valeera’s just a very chaotic soul and Silgryn is…a police officer kinda turned turncoat.

Time to make a list of available bachelors and bachelorettes for Valeera to maybe have a chance with…
OOOH IOASHJFoSDGh UH HOLD ON WHATS HER NAME
IT’S NOT HOPE IT’S UH
CAAN
VANESSA VANCLEEF
Yeah they’d have a lot to talk about.

No, sometimes nothing is better. As the representation spam continues it becomes political, Blizzard would be smart to stay out of it. Only reason these threads are even allowed I bet is to avoid the over sensitive community from leaving the game.

And for the thousandth time pride does not exist in game, as the creatures of azeroth never needed it. Get off your computer and stand a post at some government building if you think change on the subject is still needed.

Personally I think the freedom is there for this subject and the others that are oppressed or think they are. It will just take some generations for those that hate to die down. Can’t demand people just believe something different.

7 Likes

:roll_eyes: if you consider that a personal attack you must be really sheltered.

2 Likes

ThisIsBait.gif

2 Likes

You know what’s actually hateful? Trying to derail a pride thread because you can’t accept the event thats celebrated for a reason and has history. it’s just sad at this point.

2 Likes

You’re gonna get suspended if you keep this up, don’t fall for this.

Now see this is a situation I don’t know how to diffuse.

On one hand, Tulnn’s got a point. Straight pride? It’s like the all lives matter movement. Each one is in response to the fact that a minority group got some recognition - it’s hate disguised as some sort of unity. Any time someone brings up either of those it’s safe to bet that there’s little point in trying to reason with them - they’re too far gone. Moral compass is pointing wayyyy off from north. It’s safe to assume that someone who supports straight pride is a homophobe!

As for you - why are you taking this as a personal attack? Tulnn’s going after someone who advertised their position, and made a rather reasonable assumption, all things given.

Is there room for misunderstanding for and miscommunication? Absolutely - always is on the internet. As I’ve found though, there’s not really a reason to give it the time of mind - whenever I have, goodness whenever I try to just parse things out with someone, I meet those mental roadblocks that they all throw up. The same regurgitated rhetoric. “I’m find with the gays, i just don’t want to see it.” And phrases along those lines.

It’s not a personal attack on you. But we are bloody touchy because there’s still people out there who’d really rather see us gone and quiet. :frowning:

Edit: Still trying to figure out if Tulnn is a troll, or just passionate. Either which way, no reason to light a fuse laid out in front of you, eh?

2 Likes

It is a personal attack…that’s why you edited it. Throwing names out like homophobe and bigot is definitely an attack on another person. Keep dodging your bans though and do what you do. Which is absolutely nothing for LGBT people… Can you possibly make yourself look even worse?

You guys make these posts up then attack others and their views. Total trolling…

16 Likes