Blizzard Any Plans For Pride Month?

As far as I’m concerned I don’t know the gender of any NPC or the sexual orientation unless they directly tell me

The rest is up to the people that right the fanfic

Nor do I care I just want them to shut the hell up and let me quest

Exactly . There is one character in SL I picture as gay even though he isn’t one of the ones Blizz has stated as being part of the LGBT community and that is Theotar. I’m straight but I picture him as being gay and you know what I don’t care because I like the character . Either that or he’s

1 Like

lol why would they add any content ?

1 Like

No kidding we can barely get them to add actual content relevant to the game

Yes and your post comes off as nagging and making our community look bad like we’re some sort of spoiled, entitled group. Celebrating pride month is practically a norm in first world countries. We don’t need to remind organizations on when it is. They know and will capitalize on showing support for our group. What you’re doing is actually damaging our reputation and our desire to just be accepted among the rest of the global community. Stop it.

And all three of those are global celebrations, which in-game, have been stripped of all real-world religious idols. Example: I see zero crosses around the cities as decorations for Easter and Christmas, which is good. Keep it out of the game.

Just stop please, leave real life to real life, and stick to the game.

1 Like

I respect how you feel, but this is not the platform for that, go start or join one, I bet you there are tons. This is a platform to discuss WOW, not your agenda even if it is a noble cause.

5 Likes

You mean like a same sex marriage?

Pride month is also a global celebration just like Chinese new year (which isn’t even tied to any ingame lore), CNY even have their own store mounts.

avoiding you is a good idea. i really don’t have a problem with it but instead of blizz putting all the work in people could quit trolling which all these are. idk for some reason my server seems to actually have all kinds of stuff on pride month but i guess the rest of the servers are just lazy and want someone else to make them feel special but it’s wow the trolls are trashier than blizz anymore.

2 Likes

Elves would totally be peacocks not ducks. The tail feathers.

1 Like

No thank you, I would rather play my game in peace and not have you flaunt your sexuality at me for no reason.

1 Like

from Imgflip Meme Generator

But… art.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but that’s textbook sexism. Favoritism of sons or disdain for the fact one has a daughter and not a son does not stem from homophobia but from a disdain of women and a view of them as inferior or unpreferential to male heirs. Unless you’re on some Freudian stuff I have no idea how you get homophobia out of that.

You cited sexism and racism and yes both are rampant in game, with a game that has war in its name you’re going to have in-character/in-lore racism/bigotry between the species as well as other chauvinisms.

There’s tons of sexism in the game and playerbase but I really cannot recall any instances of homophobia in game. Largely this is probably due to the fact that for the first ten years there were no openly LGBTQ+ characters present and although there were a few winking references they were all plausibly deniable. I’m glad Blizzard has gotten over the head in the sand approach but one consequence of this is the fact that historically there’s been little room for bigotry on this front in-game. Now one can talk about the bigotry of Blizzard and proper representation but that’s a meta not lore discussion and problem.

Now as to what I think of this idea. I think it’s going nowhere fast. Not necessarily because Blizzard is afraid of upsetting people who have bigotry against LGBTQ+ people but because they do not invest in a living game world. I talked about this some back after Blizzcon, other games regularly either create or add new stuff to holiday events every single year because they’re committed to a living, breathing, changing world. What does Blizzard do? A new pet every expac for each holiday or maybe a toy. That’s it. It’s because they don’t want to invest in making the world more alive. They’re more interested in propelling forward the pve-treadmill that runs on FOMO than actually making Azeroth or any of the subsequent world’s we’ve visited alive.

Probably this is partially due to budgetary constraints. WoW takes a lot of money to develop and brings in less than mobile titles or things like COD or Overwatch so it’s not appealing to execs to spend Activision-Blizzard’s cash on another developer to tackle things like this or player housing or player customization. WoW very much looks like a game being milked for money with no serious intent to do anything but release new pve content every 2 years while dialing up the time-gating and mechanisms to force players to spend more time to do stuff that took less time previously so they don’t notice or care.

Lastly. If I had a choice I would prefer they invest in better moderation. I know ideally they could do both but the truth is they’re going to do neither. The WoW community can get very toxic, especially against minorities and women. Sure they’ll ban people for saying slurs but so much of the hate I see carefully avoids using those trigger words because people know blizzard moderates via automation these days and you can say all kinds of horrendous things so long as you avoid a few words.

I can also see…

“I was kicked for not wearing that tabard”
“I was called X for not wearing the tabard”
“I was kicked from my guild for not using the tabard”

To somebody who might be replying, i understand this is just cosmetic. But considering the community (not just LGBT) are quick to accusations and labeling, not to mention, action, regardless of nuance or even details (which applies to ingame as well, given the vote to kick is allowed for any reason), not to mention gamers in general do care about the art in video games as well have attachment to their characters and such, where something like this is important to them, it does give credence to the idea Eretloc has put forth that this one cosmetic in particular would be very divisive in a community that is already divided and pit against each other, metaphorically speaking.

No cosmetic should ever divide a community.

And before you tell me “Oh Tats a Conspiracy theory…” We seen this happen with people with store mogs and mounts and such, and how people are treated because they bought them and use them. So please for the love of Elvis, don’t give me that trite answer. :expressionless:

9 Posts ago… :point_down:

What about it? I stand by those posts.

Well in case you don’t know, (which should be obvious) i put those quotes up to show the inconsistency in your words in both of those posts.

The first post (on the bottom) where you called people homophobic because they refuse to join the event, and in the second post (on the top) you’ve said that person is free to ignore it if it bothers them.

That would be like me saying “Oh if you leave the dungeon, then your a loser.” and then turn around and said “If your bothered by me, then just leave the dungeon.” a few minutes later.