Blizzard Any Plans For Pride Month?

Yes, I realize it’s an event, I said it was to refute when you categorized it as a holiday. Mostly I said it to refute your statement that Azeroth doesn’t have real world celebrations, that was the real purpose of the post. I did it jokingly, because people are getting too hot and bothered in this thread now. Many of these conversational points can be said with less fervor.

1 Like

NOT for a PERSONAL choice. which is what Transgender is YOU ARE making a choice to change your gender.

3 Likes

I read a version on the military times newspaper some time ago.

The us government spends tens of millions on pills to help the military rise to the occasion. Why should tax payers be forced to pay for something unessential for people who can’t perform?

A black Screen with white text saying “We at corpo support you. Now give me money”

Dude, its the normal operation procedure for anyone, ANYONE, who feels that they need to adjust the laws.

NOT just LGBT+ people.

In the world there is injustices for EVERYONE. Not just you.

At the end of the day, you’re not special because the law isn’t in your favor.

2 Likes

As noted in the article, less than 10% of that went to active-duty personnel, who are twice as likely to suffer ED. The remainder went to older retirees. All were part of the military health plan.

1 Like

That’s discrimination. Op isn’t breaking any rules.

Being transgender is not a choice. There’s biological components.

The medical treatment for the distress caused by incongruence is transition.

He said mean things about Wolf Blitzer on Twitter at 3AM.

1 Like

what about those with PSTD who got it from COMBAT. That is part of the Military medical plan they are leaving with a service disablity Transgender is not a service disablity I can’t see how you do NOT understand this.

2 Likes

Thank you for the source - I am balking more at that the USArmy spends so much on ED meds! That being said in the article they talk about this line
“10% of the prescriptions were for active duty personnel” which would work out to about even as far as active personnel goes (8.4 million as I imagine the only people getting approved for transition would be those actively serving? does that make sense as I imagine a retired vet is likely not transitioning at 65 due to health risks?)
That being said “overall” the raw math does suggest the USArmy spends WAAAAAY to much on ED meds - that is crazy imo.

Once again something the tax payer should NOT be foreced to pay.

5 Likes

And trans care was also part of the health plan until the military ban.

I brought it up as an example of something that was done that negatively affected LGBT peoples’ lives, like being fired for being trans.

Op is asking for a pride event in game. I think this is a great idea and would open the door to many other events as well. Everything would be optional. If people want to participate they can and have fun. What’s wrong with that?

1 Like

Tax payers paid for my bottom surgery and pay for my hormones too. :transgender_flag:

Nothing is keeping these people in this thread. If you don’t like the idea, say so, mute it, and move on.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you be up in arms about tax payers paying for other things? There’s plenty of other things tax payers pay for that costs a lot more than that. You’re just building a strawman at this point.

Which is my concern - rapidly WoW becomes just a mirror of the real world and I think it could turn even ugiler then it has already gotten - in WoW people get away with murder and assault because it is a game - such tools would certainly be used against those communities in that case - which will then lead to more law/rules enforcement needed in WoW and suddenly operational budgets would have to be jacked up to compensate.

Hell I am not even crazy about the fact they put holidays in the game that mirror the real world (exception - Halloween because it is cool; but I would be willing to let it go if that was what was needed to make it fair) I would like to see more events based on Azeroth lore and not real world events being shoehorned in with loose Azeroth lore additions (example - we ALL know the Scourge invasion happened; it would be nice to have a actual reflection on the horrors of that in WoW for the likely millions that died)

I mean hell there is no Remembrance Day in WoW which I found fascinating due to the significance of it.

i cant wrap my mind round why people care so much about which genitals you prefer to pork.

its like, it has nothing to do with anything. just get over it already you unevolved apes.

2 Likes

It’s about how lgbt people are treated. Raising awareness and acceptance can help educate those who think of the topic as taboo or a bad thing. Its why many lgbt people fail to come out because of fear of repercussions like losing their jobs, family, etc… also those who came out but are treated less than human.