Blizzard Any Plans For Pride Month?

I googled this for you as an example.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/trumps-timeline-of-hate

1 Like

well, Iā€™m not LGBT+, so Iā€™m not being oppressed.

But you are blind if you think things are equal.

1 Like

children week is based off the Japanese event children day. which takes place May 5
https //en wikipedia org/wiki/Children%27s_Day_(Japan) Also the US has a children week
during the first week of May as well.

I personally would like to keep real-world politics out of WoW because at what point are you being fair? Once you put Pride month into the game; what about all the other political progressive movements? At that point we get more and more of WoWs seemingly strained Dev time diverted to what someone accurately described as a hollow gesture (lip-service) at detriment to those who do not support whichever cause might be up the next week. I mean if the rumors are true - we are going about 9 months before the first significant content patch in this Xpac.

I mean I go into video games to escape the modern walking on egg-shells real world - I also suspect the more toxic of the WoW community would likely use any ingame pride activity to actually be even more toxic - all it would take is a bunch of PVPers to camp wherever you got to go for the event and then next thing you know your importing more of that hate into the game. Again the point of a game is escapism for many and I feel this would be more like pushing political agendaā€™s (for better or worse) I am all for maybe a pet or a rainbow cloak on the shop that would donate the money to something (it would be cool to have a nice cloak that shifts its colors) and that way its not just a hollow gesture and prevents players from acting out the worst of human nature - its a stuble but effective thing - blizzard gets to right off the donations and some good press; we get something nice looking and its a win win without us having yet another tempest in a teapot boil over.

2 Likes

And exactly how did anyoneā€™s life change as a result of trump being a jerk?

give me an hard example.

NOBODY is EQUAL.

Thatā€™s the sad reality of life. It has nothing to do with anyone being LGBT+.

2 Likes

Hundreds of transgender soldiers were discharged from the military for being trans, making them be out of a job.

1 Like

Ehh folks remember the times when Serenity guild ambushed a funeral in Wintersprings and killed everyone that went to pay homage to their decreased guild mate

Good times xD

1 Like

Okay WHY should the Tax Payers be forced to pay for them to have drugs and transistion? I think most tax payers donā€™t care who you bed with BUT when you are asking them to pay for something they should pay for themselves I think they have a right to be pissed off.

4 Likes

Recent trends dictate youā€™d have to be Venthyr to participate.

Tax payers pay ten times as much for ED pills than trans healthcare costs the military but go off if it makes you feel better sister.

right so lets look at the cost .

30,000k for the surgery
and lets not forget the hormones you need to take that your asking the military to pay for
Oh and the reassigment issues that will need to be adressed
and the fact your not going to be able to do anything for at least 60 days if not more
Oh and then we add in threapy and such.

See how that kind of adds up? Why should the tax payers be burdened with this. When it is a personal choice?

4 Likes

Is that True? I am assuming you guys are talking about the US? I thought for the most part you guys pay for medical stuff through the nose and the whole USArmy paying for transitioning was a special exception due to the fact it was deemed needed for them to continue serving?

At least that facilitates reproduction

1 Like

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40741785

84 million for ED pills that tax payers are paying vs 8.4 million for Trans healthcare.

Either both are acceptable because our service members deserve the best care, or neither should be acceptable.

Source cited in this post. It is true.

Trans people pay taxes too and are entitled to healthcare alongside everyone else.

1 Like

Perhaps not normalized 30 years ago, but as far back as the 90s acceptance of homosexuality was at or above ~50% in the U.S. and much of the west and has increased dramatically since.

And what just happened as a result of the Biden Admin?

4 Likes

Whataboutism.

Point invalid. Please try again.

Did you read the whole article? or just nit pick at it?

Well, I mean, I bought a flamethrower from Elon Musk, soā€¦