Blizzard Any Plans For Pride Month?

We have a Pride Walk in my home city. While it’s a nice gesture, it’s also rather sobering, as most of the walk up 'til the most recent few decades is just a retelling of some terrible, terrible events. Laws being put into place, and later (far too much later) repealed.

People keep acting as if dismantling those horrible laws and standards over the past few decades has “ended discrimination”. That’s ridiculous. It’s only the start of a massive societal change which will take generations.

3 Likes

It’s still happening to some, today. Very, very obviously.

Then why not protest the country’s that kill them in the streets? What does a month actually do? What rights do they not have in the US?

At least use it to bring attention to the real oppression.

1 Like

You’ve just answered the first part of your own question, with that same question. Right? Right.

You could go back to your game. What does your protest, I’m sorry, your ‘legitimate questioning’ accomplish here? You aren’t looking for information, nothing said on the matter will cause you to feel differently.

You can ignore all of it, and it will affect you about the same that it has now. With far less dead end conversation.

1 Like

So, no answer…I expected as much. Thanks anyway. :smiley: Have a nice day!

1 Like

You know OP not EVERYTHING has to have a ‘pride’ thing? Are you gonna demand your local restaurants to do ‘pride’ things so that way they appeal more to your sensibilities?

1 Like

It’s not Pride month in Azeroth. In fact, there is no pride month in Azeroth. They have never heard of pride month and if they did they wouldn’t like it either. Thanks, but no thanks.

1 Like

You responded pretty much the same way I expected as well; your question wasn’t well thought out and I’m glad I called you on it. And yes, I’m quite done talking to you, I’m sure there’s a mythic conversation out there you can illuminate with your wisdom and righteousness.

In the end, a pride month hurts no one, and supports some players.

1 Like

I’m sure you could google it if you really cared.

1 Like

It makes no sense in the game. I don’t know how many times it has to be said that there is, canonically (Danuser confirmed it), no homophobia in Azeroth. I guess it’s too bad that the writers gave you all this world as an escape from real life issues of being yourself… now you can’t bring the oppression you so identify yourself with into it?

It would have to be something else that universally applies that the rainbow folk can coopt. I’m sure you can think of something. There are plenty of ideas.

Pretty much all of that terrible human behavior is either directly or indirectly related to the church. Our government still uses some of these beliefs. Take your concerns there, not sure how a fantasy game has anything to do with it. Or should.

I’m not gay, bi, or trans. Something, something, assumptions. I’m damn sexy though, and yes…despite your ‘protests’, you may check me out all you like!

I just have zero problem with people, friends or otherwise, getting a nod of support in a game they love.

What exactly did you call me on, asking questions? :joy: It’s always the same with you guys, if anything is questioned, it’s taken as offensive.

Do you really want to go this route? Okay, I guess you could also argue that a month does nothing because people could Google it if they actually cared. If pride month isn’t about education and teaching tolerance/acceptance, what’s it about exactly?

Once again, just for asking questions and having an open debate, I’m demonized.

If you don’t 100% agree or understand, the hate comes out. Talk about hypocritical…

It’s not our job to hold your hand and spoon feed you things.

If you actually cared you’d do the footwork yourself.

Incessantly asking questions in bad faith is simply sealioning. 🦭

1 Like

Now THAT, I do. Often. Loudly. Those conversations, I do not hold on WoW. Anymore, I’ve been silenced and banned for the things I say and feel about governments in particular, and the church especially.

And, as I’ve just said, I don’t mind people getting a nod of support in a game they love.

I want blizzard to add Diwali celebrations for us Hindus. There is no Hindu festival celebrated in the game. We want representation too :sweat_smile:

I guess you must not feel very strongly about it since you’d rather reply with comments like this instead of trying to have a chat.

Yep, you just can’t be bothered, ehh? I almost feel bad for you. Who has hurt you to the point that you don’t even want to talk about this issue?

We don’t need this in game.

I think you could have worded that better, champ :rofl:

I’m not gay, bi, trans, or in the LBGTQ+ community at all, by the by. Legitimate question: do I have to be, to support them?

Dude this would be awesome. I would love to be able the various LGBT colors as tabards. We need to make this happen.

I’ll probably tweet at them about it later. Cause it would be a great way to show support.