Blizzard Any Plans For Pride Month?

Also ew. Get yourself some context bruv instead of that pseudo-biblical seven deadly sins such and such.

1 Like

Initially “Pride” was about not being ashamed of oneself. But this was 30 years ago. Unfortunately, Pride has now evolved into the most grotesque form of the trait.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s a huge blanket statement, and one factually dubious considering chinese-americans had raised concerns with the depiction, like when it was turned into a mural back in 2017

I mean, if we’re talking about the game’s universe/story, as that article mostly is, technically “homophobia doesn’t exist” (in WoW canon), so the need for a Pride event also wouldn’t exist.

I suppose if someone feels it’s something that should be pushed, this is still the expansion to push it in though.

Do people even legitimately support that slash pairing?

So let’s just remove all history books and remove history class from schools. God knows SOMEONE will be offended at some point in the future…

That’s how ridiculous things are getting.

Then should be a furry event where all anthro characters can cross faction talk and have a place of debauchery in the middle of all cities right up in everyones face.
Only fair if theres gonna be a pride month.
Furries need their representation celebration to shove in everyones face.

Need a giant foot slide and character inflation to float like a balloon as well and transformations into pool toys etc etc.
And force everyone in game playing to OwO speak til its over and have tails!

I mean most of them are BS propaganda anyway. I went on the internet for actual facts and papers instead of the drivel the U.S. spoon feeds kids.

I mean, you’ve implied you feel offended that Cardi B can have her songs played on the radio :man_shrugging:

We’re there some ‘context’ available counter to my point, (of which you seem to have less than zero to offer), “Bruv”

I’d be more than willing to partake ; ) but alas…

I’m not offended by it. I was making a comparison about how one is socially acceptable and one isn’t. 10 years ago it would have been the opposite.

If that fake woman wants to sing about her Arby’s roast beef, that’s her business. I’d rather my kids not sing along to it though.

Even if it is heavy censored, kids will still ask what a wap is. That’s why I always change the station.

At a very base level - Pride in this specific case is referring to the event, and draws from a colloquial meaning of bravery and defiance, in response to a rather explicit increase in hate towards the queer community.

just lamenting how the word is being used is…nit-picky? And when it’s being used in this specific context where a group is trying to say “Hey! We’re here~!” - I dunno. Shows off your character I suppose.

Also, “someone’s accident of birth.” Please explain to me how that’s not supposed to be an insult. :joy:

1 Like

There sure are they just aren’t on Warcraft they are in real life

There’s barely any new content to speak of, so I highly doubt it. There’s also a myriad of other awareness/pride days/months, so if they do it for one they’ll feel pressured to do it for all. They also probably don’t want to alienate the homophobes/religious types, 'cause as much as you hate to hear it, they are paying customers. And that’s all Actiblizz cares about.

There’s nothing wrong with pride month.

Guys! GUYS! Okay, I have a proposal. How about for one day, or for 48 hours durring pride week/month the rainbow trail toy is free?

Next one is only in 14 month!

Confusing Majority with Minority is telling.

Most people play the game to escape reality for awhile.

Most people want to see well written characters and ideas implemented not afterthought garbage tossed in for inclusivity’s sake. But something or someone great that’s actually relatable and likeable that just seems like an actual person or event rather than what they are supposed to be representing being the only trait they possess. or show.

1 Like

Even in 2011, the depiction was still stereotypical and not really socially acceptable tbh.

While WAP is explicit, male rappers and hip-hop artists have been doing the same thing for a loooooot longer and have faced relatively minimal backlash. IMO The ‘unacceptability’ backlash of WAP is more of a result of an societal attempt to depower women sexually than anything.

Fake woman? Ah, so you’re the arbitrator of femininity and womanhood are you?

You believe WAP is empowering for women?

1 Like