Blizz, why is there some exploits you don't care about/ban for?

There has been a number of twinks exploiting scripts to get into xp-on bgs, which is very not intended- and gives essentially that team a huge advantage in PVP directly. Not a single one of them has been actioned against and the exploit hasn’t been fixed for the months it’s been used, and we’re just seeing more and more people exploiting it as a result of Blizzards inaction against it. XP pots took far less time to fix and didn’t effect other peoples gameplay at all, this one directly effects other peoples gameplay and yet it goes months without being fixed. Why is Blizzards actions so completely inconsistent, why is nothing being done and no blues posting about it?

12 Likes

Sorry, how exactly would you know this? Blizz doesn’t let you know the results when you report someone for cheating.

If you have details about this exploit, you can forward them to hacks@blizzard.com

Otherwise, CS doesn’t have anything to do with fixing exploits.

9 Likes

We have no way to know if Blizzard is working on a resolution to the exploit or not. Due to how it is being done, it could be a more complicated fix to stop it from occurring again.

9 Likes

Pretty big assumptions on your part. Have you thought, Blizzard might not think it’s a exploit? Or not a rampant as you make it out to be, unlike the xp pot exploit.

Also, the devs and QA do not come here for player feedack, questions or suggestions. The SFAs may not be able to comment on it.

7 Likes

Because they’re still doing it, months later. Therefore, no action is taken. That’s how I would know. Same players, still there doing it without care in the world. If it’s not considered an exploit, then there should be a blue post about it and explain people how to use it. Though it’s very clear it’s an exploit, and people have been told not to post how to do it, but not by a blue of course. :slight_smile:

Again, the CS forums are NOT a complaints venue. The blues here will comment if warranted, but not on demand. The SFAs here are NOT the devs nor are the QA. :smile:

Post on the pvp forums if you want to be heard.

9 Likes

They can talk to the Devs, I cannot. I have no line of communication to chat with them… and I can only post on customer support forums. Also, zero blue posts on PvP forums. Outside of a blue poster shilling a twitch channel, for whatever reason.

I already provided you with the right way to contact them via email.

8 Likes

I’ve never received an e-mail back, from months ago; sorry. It doesn’t seem to work.

Nor should you expect an email back. It’s a one-way route to report the exploit.

9 Likes

Which again, doesn’t seem to do anything since I’ve reported them there and with right click reports and they’re still doing it months later; sorry.

As noted, not all “Blues” are the same. We are Support Forum Agents who work within Customer Support, you would be looking for Community Reps who work with our Dev teams.

Again, post on the PvP forums if you wish to be heard.

or you can talk to the devs directly via twitter @WarcraftDevs

4 Likes

Again, I can’t post on the PVP forums. https://i.imgur.com/wu9kGKw.png

I don’t have a twitter.

1 Like

Why not, are you not subscribed? If so, why does it bother you if you aren’t even playing the game.

That’s a personal choice, I just told you where you could air your concerns. It’s on you if you don’t want to use it.

9 Likes

If it’s not your problem, then you shouldn’t be posting here. /shrug :black_flag:

3 Likes

Yeah…

We don’t play that game here. :smile:

10 Likes

They do care and do take action! In fact not long ago someone came to this forum complaining about their suspension. Well turned out they did something that got a lvl 85 with BFA gear onto a legion account.

Well needless to say that got them with running pvp a 120+ day suspension.

1 Like

They often don’t post about it to not advertise it. Blue text is far more visible than the endless ocean of white text.

As for the action, what you’re assuming is how exploitative behaviors are handled. It’s rarely done on an individual basis, such as, as reports come in.

If this twink XP exploit is going to follow suit with the last two large exploits (repeatable 500 Timewarped Badge quest, and Draught of Ten Lands stacking), then the account actions will be handed out in a single wave after the exploit is fixed. Those found to have cheated will get what’s coming to them.

As has been pointed out above, reports are one-way. Bliz will not respond with what was done about it because it’s a private affair between Bliz and the accused.

11 Likes

Well, to be fair, not one that you are aware of. I can’t speak to any actions that we may or may not have taken on those who may have used an exploit. What I can say is that in some situations, to echo what Leviathan mentioned, on issues that we may not have a fix, we’ll generally hold off on penalty until we do have a fix ready. I can’t say that will happen in the case you are referring to, but there may be a rude awakening at some point.

Entirely different issues. Some things have such simple resolutions that it is literally a matter of clicking a box, or changing a 2 to a 0 in a line of code. Other issues, may require a small feat of programming, or restructuring a fundamental feature in order to address the issue. Those kinds of changes can’t be done in a hotfix or a binary update, it requires extensive testing and must be included in a content patch.

I’ll answer the second part first… We, the collective Blue “We”, don’t generally post about potential exploits, especially if we don’t have an immediate resolution for them, to avoid attracting more people to try them out.

As for the inconsistency, we actually are extremely consistent based on the issue but you’d have to know the differences with those to have insight.

29 Likes

I see worgens put in their place, I upheart. I’m a simple twink.

4 Likes