Blizz... the lack of transparency is killin TBC

Well…it is a direct quote lol. You’ll figure it out. The ability to successfully troll these kinds of topics is not an ability that most people possess. Keep at it :slight_smile:

Yes, and if you read it you can see it’s directly contradicting your claim:

Where you claim (wrongfully according to the direct quote) that I state two things as being the same (which I didn’t), then you go on to berate me for doing so.

It’s a pretty dirty way to have a conversation.

No, you can’t force people to stay anywhere and people will follow like sheep, or I guess you could say just follow their friends when they get worried about server pops. That plus layering is what caused the situation we’re in… but that’s done with so not much can be changed with that anymore. Except for connections, I guess although that’s not something I’ll advocate for.

I’ve also run guilds and participated in the Guild Leadership forums when they were on here. I’m very aware of building community. What I will not do anymore is bring anyone including horde over to my current server (Earthfury), and I’m a guild officer, because I refuse to do anything that will burn somebody/make them spend money later.

So for me, there is this situation. I have characters on both sides of Earthfury. I have my ally chars who I PVP/raid with. The current guilds times do not work for me so my choices are to transfer (and I don’t like most of the transfer choices), just PVP, or cancel the account. I’m playing SoM too so I’ve considered option #3. So that’s my choices for that side.

Then for the horde well Earthfury horde is healthy but I have no expectations of it staying that way. I expect Earthfury horde to go the way of Kromcrush and Skeram. So I will have to decide what to do when things go south horde side too.

For all of this, I’m not sure where there is any “make the best of” solution. I’ve thought about my options more than most people do and every solution I can think of goes from bad to really bad. So I just have to pick bad or quit playing which I’ll decide on when it comes to it. Super mega servers (like Bene) to me are very similar to Retail and I quit Retail because the community is so bad.

Every person has to make a choice like this. Some actually want what super mega servers offer and some do not. Like I said I’ll continue to empathize with people going through this and I’ll try to help posters in general.

1 Like

It sounds like a nice thing to say, but at the same time, you seem to have convinced yourself that,

As I’ve stated in other threads, I don’t particularly see characters being locked to servers as a meaningful feature of WoW anymore. There could be servers that dynamically spin up/down based on the current online population.

Guilds could coordinate through BattleNet chat features, and per-server filters could be implemented for things like faction balance, and other things some people claim are issues.

In any case, if/when something ever happens, great. Until then though, for anyone who is unhappy with the current situation of the server their character or characters are on, they can help themselves, and enjoy playing the game, if that is something that interests them.

How many people, myself included, have told you before we have paid for transfers already. But then the new server goes down too, which is not our doing. Nobody knew years ago what servers would look like today so many people are in this situation. TBC changed things drastically in just months because it wasn’t controlled. What makes paying again fair? And our responsiblity? Other people xferred and left me in this dire situation so now I should too?

And it’s not even about $25. I have that, surely most of us do. It’s about Blizzard being deserving of it. Placing blame on the players, doing nothing, saying nothing…tells me they are not.

It honestly makes me curious what Blizzard is giving you to promote xfers all day long.

4 Likes

Dude, so what? That’s how it happens. You think I haven’t been through it myself? Of course I have. This is part of what we signed up for when we decided to play Classic.

Except if you go back to old posts, people have been saying those servers are going to die. There’s a reason people tend to flock to some of the larger servers, but even then you’re right, you never know. And when server populations change, you can either suck it up, transfer off, or roll elsewhere if you’d like to continue playing the game.

Do you like the game? Then play it. If not, then don’t.

If a solution happens that solves the problems you are unwilling to solve for yourself then excellent. Until then though, I suppose you’ll keep playing this victim simulator game rather than just enjoy TBC Classic.

It’s almost like you make assumptions and don’t care to look into the content of what people are posting.

Reroll yo! How many hours/week are you playing? If you don’t want to pay to transfer due to whatever reason, principle included, just reroll, if you’ll be happy elsewhere. If you won’t be happy no matter what happens and just want to complain, then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah yes, just reroll! Abandon your home and trash somewhere else, as you and the rest of the horde have bombed Faerlina! Now the alliance have to transfer away, but who cares!

Where does it end?

It doesn’t end. It may lead to cross-realm, combined realms, Warmode, etc. as we’ve seen in Retail, eventually.

In any case, perhaps we’re just misunderstanding each other, and somehow that comes out as disagreement.

Here’s my understanding of what is being said, and why I’m contributing my opinion to this thread (Perhaps I’m missing the point(s) being made by others, and/or vice-versa):

“I’m miserable, and I am digging my feet in the dirt, not budging and will not do anything to make my situation better.”

“You know, if actually like this game, you have options.”

“You’re a Blizzard shill.”

"OK. :slight_smile: "

I hope things get better for you.

You are welcome to keep your blinders on to the overall problem and just keep happily playing where you are, that is your right for sure. If only it could be that simple for everyone, but it comes at the cost of…integrity, I suppose. It just isn’t right. Joining the big dog faction on a megaserver is not the proper solution.

So those of us who can see the big picture and do not want to do things that put other players in a bad situation, we speak to be heard.

3 Likes

If you think that complaining that you are a victim, and won’t do anything to improve your situation is integrity, we definitely have different understandings of what that means :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Except the side of things you aren’t seeing is how I am one of 100-200 alliance online against 2000 horde, and I pvp everyone I can find. And will probably continue to do so until it is 99% horde and completely over for everything else I like to do. At that point I’ll probably unsub. So there is no victim here, I’m angry. In contrast you have at least 70% of your server and growing. Absolutely no comparison, try again.

Posting for Blizzard’s attention is because they have the ability to easily fix this. But they remain idle. You see how players have “fixed” things.

1 Like

Because I rerolled a month ago.

If it was all about money then they would have brought back the TCG stuff, name changes, transfer accounts and have a 6 month plan for tbc players.

At this point they just dont care which is sad.

1 Like

They won’t because no news is better than bad news.

1 Like

I’ve seen your suggestion before. I do think they would fix some things and help some people. I haven’t said anything because it’s obvious you thought it out but it just seems too much like what made me lose interest in Retail.

I think we’re looking at it from a different perspective. Server communities are important to me for the Classic games. I like seeing the same people. I like randomly grouping with the same people. I like fighting the same people etc. I do not want it to be like everyone is just a nameless NPC unless they’re a guildie which is what Retail is like right now. I actually do care about guild communities etc a lot too, but server communities are what I want too.

I also explained my situation. If I thought putting my ally on Bendiction would make the game more fun for me it would be there right now. People have tried to get me over there. I’m pretty introspective and know what I want. Just being able to find a pug Gruul raid group at 9 am on a Monday like someone said with a bunch of strangers I will never talk to again is just not something I care about. I’d split my characters up, I’d feel bad ganking horde when they are vastly outnumbered, etc. So how is this solution a positive for me and how is this going to make me happy? So yes my options are bad for me, that’s all I’m saying. I haven’t found a really great option yet but I do have a plan so there’s that.

2 Likes

I think we are. I mean, I agree with most of what you’re saying in this post. I just feel like all the good things you mention are totally obtainable right now, though that’s definitely easier on some servers than on others.

And as you’ve pointed out, changes, such as removing character-server lock (or really any that might “solve the problem” of player agency with regards to where to play) would lead to less community, and more of a Retail-like feel.

I sure don’t want to see that. Especially considering that we can find and/or make our own positive situations, if we put in a little effort to do so.

Best of luck with your plan!

1 Like

lol right? I been reading his replies… it basically just always boils down to either transfer or reroll! lmao this guy is a clown. He’s part of the reason Blizz doesn’t do something to fix servers because people like him will keep on shelling out cash to transfer over and over again.

2 Likes

If something is worth the money, why wouldnt someone shell out the money? If I am going to get 5x the value by paying for a one time transfer then I would 100% pay for a transfer. If my guild dies there is no way in heck I am staying on my server. Would start looking for guilds on the largest PvE servers I can find…after a week or two of farming materials lol.

Integrity? Why would I care? Its a voluntary luxury good. Their required effort has no impact on the value of the product to me. Someone finds $100 on the ground versus someone who works 10 hours to have it doesn’t change its value to me.

Now does a company doing something increase or decrease the perceived value? Sure! but that is factored into the value calculation. If they had lied about the product that is completely different scenario since the purchase was made under false information. However if I made assumptions about something they never said or offered? That’s on me.

Is it because value for you is a sliding scale and rather than a fixed threshold? For me as long as it passes that threshold I am content, anything else is a bonus. Just doesn’t make sense to me to take a hard line on something with zero ties to its actual value to me as an individual.

Obviously other people have different values, and different appraisals of somethings value. Thats okay!

Any response at all, even a no, would be better than this ongoing silence.
We’ve heard about the reports, Blizzard is losing players across all games by 13% a year.
Situations like this are exactly why. If the company won’t even acknowledge all these people having a hard time, the only answer left is to walk away from them.

1 Like

I’m not convinced of this.

I would definitely prefer more communication from “teh blues”; but this playerbase, as a whole, has convincingly taught them something over the lifetime of WoW, as stated by a former blue:

Posting impassionately, they say you don’t care.
Posting nothing, they say you ignore.
Posting with passion, you incite trolls.
Posting fluff, you say nonsense.
Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
There is no win.
There is only slow degradation.

3 Likes