Blizz... the lack of transparency is killin TBC

Everyday I see a new post or more than one new post on server issues. Most of the posts in this forum are about servers and how many are dying or are already dead. I coulda made this post about my server as well but honestly I feel that there is no point, it would be redundant as everyone knows what’s going on with nearly all the servers minus the few “hot” servers which everyone seems to transfer to.

There’s just no way possible that you guys are unaware of what’s going on. Diablo 2 for example, they had big server problems and the dev team over there was quiet until it got to the point where they couldn’t really be quiet anymore. I feel like TBC is in that position atm.

I don’t know what the plans are or if there are any but some communication doesn’t seem to unreasonable to ask is it? I personally can deal with server issues (used to play on Skeram) but many others can’t and day in day out I see the anger and frustration on these forums.

Give the people some transparency, address the situation, either tell us there’s adjustments coming or at least let us know you are aware. The worst thing company’s do is leave their players in the dark. When that happens it feels like you just don’t care at all and it drives even more people away.

Can we please get some feedback from you guys on the current server issues. That’s all I ask. Not for me but for the rest of the TBC playerbase.

20 Likes

Agreed. Blizzard does know what’s going on but they don’t care because of money. The majority of the player base also knows it’s because of money.

It’s even worse IMO that they send people here who are just trying to get a resolution from customer support and then they don’t get help here either. Most of the people making these threads have never even posted on the forums before.

When they post their concerns they often just get nasty troll posters attacking them so that makes things even worse. That’s why I generally reply to these threads so they at least know someone has their back, even though I know they will not get any resolution other than a resolution that involves quitting, rerolling or paying money to transfer, so I just tell them that now too.

17 Likes

Believe me, they have done the cost-benefit analysis on whether to post about changes/issues.

They did it to compare merging servers or not too. And I guarantee you they expect to make enough money from transfers to cancel out the players who quit.

2 Likes

My expectation of Blizzard communicating with the player base/customer base has plummeted to zero. Nothing to see move along >.>

3 Likes

nah that would cost money

we need to cut as much as possible while maximizing profit

otherwise Bobby wont able to get his 15th Yatch

Why should blizz address an issue that the players created

Blizzard Rep: Problem? What problem?!?! We are making a killing on server transfers!

2 Likes

Oh look it’s another cookie cutter Blizzard apologist.

10 Likes

No, I think blizz is a garbage company but please explain how this isnt an issue created by the player base?

Why did players who started on balanced PVP servers xfer off at the first sign of resistance, why have they been xferring to pvp servers that they make become faction dominated since people start doing it in mass, essentially creating a pve server?

Why didn’t they just roll on a PVE server if they didn’t want to pvp lol

7 Likes

There’s things blizz could have done to prevent this. New World for example… while they do have crazy problems and exploits atm they at least have a balanced faction system because they limit the number of people that can join if other factions don’t have those same numbers.

Look I don’t have the answers but all I am asking for is COMMUNICATION. It just feels like blizz is basically ignoring TBC atm. Talking to the playerbase should not be an issue with triple A companies. So when it does happen and we are left in the dark like we are atm it shows they don’t give a damn.

1 Like

It’s more complicated than people just leaving because the balance became 55/45. When TBC was current, the game was building towards its subscriber peak. TBCC peaked during prepatch.

There are no new players to replace the ones that quit. You may not notice that on the mega servers, but if you played on a medium or low population server, putting groups together got significantly more difficult after just a few months. With no action from Blizzard, people will transfer in order to actually play the game.

1 Like

Blizz is hemorrhaging employees, they may just not have the staff to keep up anymore. Which is something that is on them, and if anything, is more reason for people to unsub. They can’t keep their end of the subscription, so why pay them?

4 Likes

This is another red hearing post. It’s much in line with balance server factions. It’s complete nonsense and doesn’t really get to the core of anything meaningful.

What more transparency do we need? If they don’t comment on something it’s clear that they don’t see it as a priority. They don’t need to confirm or deny everything.

1 Like

And that’s why I’m asking for a response from Blizzard. Your response did peak my curiosity on how you normally respond to others and reading some of them it made sense. You try to counter almost everyone with arrogant retorts that provide nothing themselves other than pure troll type ego.

My post isn’t nonsense… to you it might be because obviously you don’t care much but many others do. People want answers.

But then you end with this… why are you white knighting them? Absolutely mindboggling.

p.s. If you retort again with another douchebag response I probably won’t respond to you again. Be better.

4 Likes

By that logic, they have no priorities lol. You don’t need to defend them on this. They work for you. Lots of you guys think that it’s the other way around.

3 Likes

Thank you… when he said they don’t need to confirm or deny. I just can’t wrap my brain around how people think this way. We are paying to play this game.

6 Likes

That poster always responds to threads like that. He used to post on another name and was getting a lot of pushback from almost everyone. I’m convinced he likes to give his opinion but is too scared to read poster responses.

As for the reply to me earlier I can’t argue that the issue is partly player created. There are just things Blizzard could have done too.

2 Likes

Every single one of these intellectually bankrupt ’LOL IMAGINE BLAMING BLIZZARD FOR NOT MANAGING THEIR OWN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LOL’ shills would just as easily tell a player who was against transferring servers that said player’s concern about playing on a dead server is a ‘player-created problem’ because Blizzard offers server transfers to not-dead servers.

7 Likes

I love it when Karens get mad at people for not raising a pitchfork at Blizz for the player’s bad decisions lol.

1 Like

care to elaborate? what player’s bad decisions are those? And what is the right decision then? Cuz honestly I have no idea what you’re talking about. All I’m asking is for Blizzard to respond to the players… there’s no pitchfork.

5 Likes