Blizz said the majority wanted flight

Honestly, I like flying, but its not important to me. I just don’t think we should be allowed to fly right off the bat. However, if blizzard puts a system in place for when an expansion drops, where it’ll take us maybe 4-6 weeks to earn flying, as we should EARN it, not have it given to us.

It would probably be a lot better, but as you know, everyone is going to whine about more content, but those same people whine about there not being enough content. As a matter of fact, they always have something to whine about, so why don’t they just stop playing the game if it bugs them that much?

Flying is great for leveling alts. It doesn’t take me very long to do my daily emissaries, at most its 20-30min. Rest of the time I’m doing mythic+ raiding or doing PvP. But theres nothing to do outside of it that I haven’t already done before. I haven’t even felt like leveling any of my alts yet though cause it’s not exciting. Heirlooms will be helpful when they come out though, that might be when I powerlevel something, or I’m gonna wait till flying.

And don’t tell me to spam Normal IE’s cause that’s gonna be worse than getting powerleveled in Diablo, and that was actually easy cause you got a fair bit of gold and loot out of it.

2 Likes

I don’t want flight and I hope they continue with the addition of flight well into an expansion if they add it at all.

And there has never been an official statement stating “the majority wants flight”, so.

I would say majority of players don’t care if they have flight or not. I know a few people that can barely live with out flight, or so they say anyway. And everyone else, no one talks about it because its not important to them.

I’m happy with the way it is right now, because we have to work for it, and by the time we get it, most people should have explored everything, and not need to look at how beautiful these worlds are.

I can’t wait for an Argus type zone, where everyones like ‘QQ WHY CANT I FLY’

What else would you do with the world’s mobs? Phase them all out except for the ones relevent to that day’s world quests? The world’s gotta be populated if you want it to feel like an actual world.

IMO, I want a top-down revamp of flying so it’s not just a convenience. Make it a core part of gameplay that has meaningful character progression and choice. If they did it for pet battles, they can do it for mounts.

he world’s gotta be populated if you want it to feel like an actual world.

The way things are going, Dayon, pretty soon on a lot of servers…they will be the only population.

1 Like

I reckon they can check how many chose paku and how many gonk - those two are basically flying vs running. That should be a good indicator how many of us prefers flying and running

Almost everyone I talked to, picked paku.

2 Likes

That’s a nice and unsubstantiated claim you’re slinging.

I picked Gonk 'cos Paku’s a dumb bird.

Besides that’d only really reliable indicate Horde player metrics. A lot of Alliance players are so turned off form the Horde right now they won’t even level alts.

That’s a nice and unsubstantiated claim you’re slinging.

Is it?

Point A and Point B are the game. Trash mobs that give no exp or gold are there to make getting to where the game can be played take longer, which makes the world feel larger. That’s why people don’t want to fly, they don’t want to be able to see that they’ve paid money for very little product this time around.

3 Likes

I would like statistics to prove this, and not just the words of a random on a forum.

Point A and Point B ARENT the entire game just so you know. They don’t design entire areas just so you can teleport between them instantly. It makes the game feel small and condensed as well as reducing the amount of time you play or what you’re looking at in general. Going from Point A to Point B has random things happen as well that make it a MMORPG and not a teleport-RPG

2 Likes

The argument given is the achievements in part 2 could have spoliers.

So…I say give use info on non spoiler bits at least. Partial achievement only list but in game stuff now.only

If it’s a long as hell string of quests, like nightbone had us do, give us pieces we can know. If In the game now…tell us.

Some dinged 120 and stop hitting quests. Even a week in wq cycles even at start before the game rained decent gear made questing not very appealing.

Thank you quest giver…1 hour of quests and and my final reward is utter crap next to this item I got running a wq for 5 minutes.

/sigh… I didn’t say it was all negative. But pvp, mob stealing, kitsch “content” that is put in to make it seem like flying is something important, this painful and endless conversation… For starters.

Your turn. Name something in the game that you can do differently with flight besides travel.

1 Like

Perhaps they can introduce quests or WQs that requires flying, like that game in Darkmoon Faire where we had to fly past floating rings. Or they can go back to BC or Wrath designs where flying was taken into account when designing zones, quests. etc.

2 Likes

They could, but I believe they have bigger things to fix before they worry about pandering to the people complaining about a mode of transportation.

1 Like

Mob stealing? Really? LOL what a joke. You can provide nothing of value to your own argument.

My turn? Flying allows me to be engaged with my character at all times. Hop a flight path? Boom control is robbed from me the player for 2-4 minutes. Not a big deal? How many flight paths do you take on an average playing session? 3? 5? 8? The time being disengaged with your character and the game adds up to a bunch of “not fun”. When I can control where I fly, what I see, what I do in wow it’s a much better and engaging experience.

It may be “just travel” to you but it makes the difference between an engage game play experience and…not.

3 Likes

Blizzard’s biggest mistake is trying to appeal to members of the community that want everything for nothing. These are not the kind of players who invest anything into a game like WoW.

The last time WoW’s population was on the rise (10+ years ago), the game was about the journey, not the destination. This is a concept that has ultimately been surrendered in favor of accessibility. Because of this, at the moment, much of the game is treated as a chore (azerite grind, daily quests, etc).

To fix this, Blizzard needs to return to when it was desirable to simply pursue a given goal. Previously, you had time consuming and demanding gameplay that lent a feeling of accomplishment to the player, but in place of that, in BFA, you have shallow rewards, yielded by the path of least resistance, coupled with unrewarding gameplay-- which in turn, turns aspects of the game into a chore that people just want to bypass (fly over).

I can understand why some want flying, but flying is not the solution to the many issues BfA suffers from.

So do flight paths, the flightmaster’s whistle, and instance meeting stones. Planning to lobby for the removal of those things, as well?

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t. The same mobs pathing in the same areas, and “rares” that respawn so quickly they might as well never have been killed, don’t give you any random things. The only random things are the chests with half a dozen war resources and a grey item.

If they actually had the chance of random things happening, travel might be more rewarding, or at least more interesting. But I’d still prefer to have flying, since flying is canonically a part of Azeroth, and cloud serpents make horrible ground mounts.

3 Likes

And we had flying, in a world designed for flying. So apparently the devs were okay if we flew during part of our journey.

3 Likes