Blizz said the majority wanted flight

Just for the record, Blizz said the majority of players actually wanted flight.

(There is a thread where some anti-fliers are saying the majority were against it.)

Of course, those old forums where that post was made are gone, so I don’t know if some clever person can find the quote. I couldn’t.

But I was shocked when they admitted it.

So there you are. Pro-flight or anti-flight, the majority of players wanted it.

Our of curiosity, though, regardless of what you think of flight, what do you think of Blizzard’s handling of it?

Are they doing the best for the game?
Are they being petulant children about it?
Somewhere in between?

84 Likes

Blizzard handles PR much the way the Legion handles diplomacy.

152 Likes

OMG! Snowfox is back?!?!?

(holds breath in anticipation!)

:cookie:

28 Likes

Legion announces their invasion before they invade as well :rofl:

6 Likes

Eh, I like being grounded but I also like flight.

I think that they should have flight enabled for pve and disabled for warmode, personally.

It would mess with world pvp but otherwise it’s a fun feature.

20 Likes

From what I remember it was talked about as being a somewhat even split.

I don’t know how they managed to accumulate that data. I know I wasn’t consulted prior to their decision.

44 Likes

I like and dislike flight, it feels a lot less immersive and lets you skip content. The plus side is you get to skip boring content / dazing mobs. Probably the right way to do it is give us flight halfway through the xpac like they are doing.

17 Likes

The current compromise with Pathfinder works for me. I doubt it will change back to how it was in Mists regardless of how many posts are made.

14 Likes

Abraham Lincoln once said: “No man has a good enough memory to be a truly effective liar.”

With the short attention spans most have today, masters of telling outright lie’s just spin them until focus on the truth is lost.

1 Like

If it didn’t change back in WoD when there were industry articles focused on how enraged everyone was over the decision, there’s no hope of it changing now.

Not unless Ion is visited by three flying themed ghosts ala a Christmas Carol anyways.

20 Likes

Yes they said that but they said it wasn’t an overwhelmingly significant majority.

Source? I would love to see where Blizzard said this.

5 Likes

They actually did but a majority wasn’t enough for them, it had to be an overwhelming significant majority which probably meant 90% of the players.

Actually it was overwhelming or significant I guess. Not sure if its in here that actually has them admitting the majority do want it but we did get flying in WoD.

13 Likes

With an axe and fel flame?

Edit: Btw Welcome back and /hugs

1 Like

woot Snowfox is back :sunglasses:

3 Likes

How does it let you skip content if you’re out questing you are out doing the content whether you’re flying or not. People use lfd 2 power level and Skip content all the time.

34 Likes

I was ok with no flight at start…but…if they added flight, id start leveling more alts at this point.

12 Likes

You can skip mobs that are in between you and the next quest area.

You can easily get around (over) obstacles such as lakes, rivers, and mountains.

2 Likes

I only accept no flying if all the maps are flat like original wow but these maps are a mess.

43 Likes

Snow’s been here. I’ll be more excited when/if Killercatie comes back (she is not going to be happy about her post count).

On topic, I’ll be honest: I know this stupid PF stuff isn’t going away. However, I just wish they would actually put some thought into it.

Already enough laundry lists in game.

As for the whole “skipping content” argument: at this point, we’ve seen everything there is to see (except what’s on the very top of certain mountains because even I can’t get up there). There is no point at withholding flight for this long.

If they really want to insist that we do these chores, then flight really needs to be available the very day we get whatever is needed for the achieve.

I can really care less if people get it before me.

19 Likes