Blizz ruined m+

Going to have to disagree with you. Prior I could run particular dungeons for an item and had a higher chance to drop along with my bonus roll.

Now my chances are reduced from dungeons of targeting an item. Weā€™re at the mercy of the vault, but that pool of items is 60+ for most classes. This makes it unrealistic to target gear.

Ok, just for a thought exercise:

How would you keep the challenge of M+ without the timer. What would prevent people from doing the highest level key for the highest level loot or is the whole premise ā€œI spent 4 hours doing something so I deserve the best thingā€ Even if that thing is killing things one mob at a time, and saving hero for bosses (un-cc-able stuff?

I agree with ML and and I would re-add some sort of badge/justice/valor system to mitigate extreme runs of bad luck.

That said, if my choice is between progressing through difficulties of content rather than skipping stepsā€¦ Iā€™ll go with exactly what we have now vs what we had before.

if it is such an ā€œentitlementā€ thread then why is it the likes just keep going up, and up? was 20 last time i looked (less than 5 minutes later) now 27

Besides,

People like you are ā€œentitledā€ too!! It should drop less loot, I am entitled not to deal with ā€œbadsā€ getting into my raid. ā€œJust get them out of ā€œMYā€ game, and make them quit. and, I donā€™t care if you lost 900 Million in subscriptions over the last 5 years, Iā€™m entitled to you making the game just for me!ā€

1 Like

Itā€™s not always about not having bads in someoneā€™s raid. I am super duper casual and I prefer this system because it is enjoyable for me to me. It has nothing to do with anyone else.

And no, I am not saying it has to be designed for me. Just pointing out itā€™s not just the raiders keepinā€™ you down. Some casuals didnā€™t like the way it was before either.

I feel like my post from almost exactly 2 years ago is still relevant to this day: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bring-back-5mans/56639

At least they listened to the loot part of it! :slight_smile:

It may be an annoying system, but WOW was at itā€™s most popular when you really had to grind for gear. M+ has also been out 1 week, and everyones ready to head to Blizz headquarters with their pitchforks. Give it a little time before freaking out. But if weā€™re being real, was it really better before being guaranteed 3 pcs of gear every time? For you maybe, but itā€™s also what led to 75% of trade chat being carries. Without the insane amount of carries, it forces you to decide, ā€œhow bad do I want this gearā€. I bet the guys gettin carried before donā€™t want it that bad, which probly makes the pool of mythic players higher overall quality.
I should feel bad for everyone, but as someone who mainly enjoys PVP, Iā€™ve had to slog thru multiple xpacs in a row being forced to PVE just so I can eventually be geared enough for PVP. Now the tables have turned and people are pvpā€™ing to get geared for mythics.

You want entitlementā€¦

what about the people who got AOTC last xpac, now are entitled to breeze past m4, m6, m8, m10 and do whatever they want, and gear for heroic raid, and quickly move past normal

if your going to nerf the loot table of M+ and overtune it too, then it would have only been fair to limit Mythic dungeons to 8 for this week

WoWā€™s head honcho thinks only mythic raiders matter. Catering to the elitist few while thumbing their noses at the majority of their player base is not a sound business model.

3 Likes

How is not throwing free loot at you for failing to time a M+ dungeon ā€œcatering to the elitist fewā€ ?

I donā€™t feel like I am entitled to anything, I paid to play WoW, and I am playing WoW, itā€™s that simple.

And I mean 27 people? Out of the millions of players? Just seems like a bunch of like minded people who want to be tripping over carrots to me.

If the timer requirement is so bad why is it so popular?

This whinge is just another rant about getting the best loot without working for it.

Maybe the entire idea of dungeons having to be repeated the entire expansion on 1 character in order to progress wasnā€™t the best idea?

No point in doing World Quests either, the rewards are worse than anything else in the game.

I did like 14 m+ so far this week and have been awarded 3 items, a staff I didnā€™t need, a chest piece I didnā€™t need, and a trinket which I did need. Sad days.

M+ is mostly trash with or without loot ever since it was turned into an e-sports competition.

1 Like

You donā€™t need to do M+ to progress though.

There have been numerous reports of people running mythic dungeons ad nauseum and getting nothing but a piddling amount of anima for their efforts. Last I checked, mythics are supposed to be a gearing path.

Iā€™ve been working 10-12 hour shifts which makes me unable to play most weekdays so I can really only play during weekends and it really isnā€™t painful at all.
Thereā€™s been like 3 weekly things you have to actually do to keep up, almost everything else isnā€™t that significant.

They need to add badges back to the game so you always get something useful. Right now you run a whole dungeon and get absolutely nothing to show for it. Badges would let them keep slow loot acquisition but let players feel like they are still working towards something.

1 Like

They wanted to be like wildstar for progression. Raid or die