Blizz lost order, I'm now in a circle of CSR fail

I’ll try and be brief:

I ordered the Human and Orc Blizzcon Statues back in May. They haven’t shipped yet, but it turns out I’m moving tomorrow! I went to Customer Support to start a chat-session to confirm my idea: all I need to do is update my account info with new address, and when the statues ship, they’ll simply use the new address on file.

Then everything fell apart.

The CSR in the chat-session said that they could not locate my order number, none of my info appeared in their database, and I would need to call the Blizz support number for further help.

I call the Blizz support number. This CSR says the same thing-- the order number appears invalid, I will need to call Blizzard support. I said "But … I JUST DID CALL! YOU are “Blizzard support!” The number you just gave me… is the number I called to get YOU! He seemed confused once the reality of this sunk in.

He then gave me a link to the order status of my account.

Inside my account, I see the order just fine. It just says it’s “pending.” (edit: It actually says “PROCESSING” if that matters) But why can’t THEY see it? What’s the issue? Is it really going to ship?

…and what started this all in the first place: What do I need to do to insure it ships to my NEW address??

PS: I have the confirmation email from Blizzard when I placed the order. I pasted every piece of relevant information both CSRs asked for. They both insisted my order was +poof+ gone.

Sounds unfortunate…

So you went here to track your order?

I think you need to be contacting Fanatics Inc. They are the ones handling the Blizzard store from what I understand.

2 Likes

If Blizzard doesn’t have it, this could be the reason. A May order still in “pending” probably means the purchase failed.

3 Likes

Hmm.

Blizzard recently contracted with an outside firm to handle their store moving forward, and it seems like this firm’s support reps aren’t quite up to speed yet. :frowning:

Try the steps here for help: Blizzard gear store update? - #34 by Belguilos-lothar - given how often I get quoted with those steps, I think that I’m onto something with it. xD

3 Likes

These are for the Blizzcon statues.

My assumption is just that it’s only “pending” … because nothing from Blizzcon has shipped yet. This doesn’t alarm me, really.

Because once I placed the order, I got a confirmation receipt from Blizzard. As far as I can tell-- the order went through. Everything PURCHASE-WISE is fine.

It just seems they lost proof of the order on their end.

And since this is still 2+ weeks out, it seems easy to fix. If they truly did lose the order… just replace it. Honestly, I’d never know. That’s all they need to do.

But I want a verified answer from Blizzard at this point. Nothing about this adds up.

Melaesia might be on to something.

1 Like

@Bel: Yes, I did those steps. That’s where I’m saying it shows up as “pending.”

Which, in and of itself, doesn’t alarm me because the Blizzcon stuff hasn’t shipped yet.

But the fact all of Blizzard’s CSRs are telling me my order doesn’t exist … is … upsetting.

Because it’s not Blizzard’s CSRs from what I understand. :confused:

Hm, yeah, I’m not finding an actual contact link for the older orders. You might try reaching out to Fedex or UPS when it ships to get it redirected though? I’ve done that before, when I meant to ship a laptop to my parent’s house (since I was visiting them and needed it for the visit) and accidentally shipped it to my apartment halfway across the country.

1 Like

That’s not usually what Pending means, either from Blizzard or any other online vendor. Pending is generally referring to the actual money.

It’s possible that they will not take the money until they shipped. That does happen.

I assume you have that receipt, and have sent a copy to Blizzard?

You could also contact your bank, and ask them about this particular transaction.

866.760.0402 was number I was given; and I was told that was BLIZZARD Customer Support. Not some other company, but BLIZZARD’S line.

Is that a Blizzard number, or their 3rd party?

Blizzard doesn’t have any inbound customer service phone lines anymore, so it’s probably the third party.

2 Likes

Neither CSR asked me to forward my copy of the email of the receipt from Blizzard. But I did give them EVERY piece of info they asked for (basically everything).

Was done through PayPal. Same-same. Better, actually, because afaik, when you use PayPal, the money comes out right away. It’s not like credit is issued, the money changes hands right then and there. Maybe I’m wrong about that.

Not from what we have seen on here. PayPal and Blizzard have a very…tumultuous history. Of course, many of those situations involve subscriptions, so it may not apply to this situation.

Check with your bank. Check your online history, and see if the money was physically removed from your account, and your bank says the transaction is complete. That’s basically a first step in nailing this down. Because if it has been taken and marked complete at your bank, that removes two vendors from the equation. :wink:

1 Like

As much as I’ll do that… it seems an unnecessary step.

I have a confirmed receipt of purchase from Blizzard. I want them to step up and figure out what went wrong on their end. If there was an issue with PayPal or something, I never should have received a confirmation of purchase. It would have said “declined” in some form or fashion.

I ordered my 15th Annv set from the same PayPal account. And I just got that about a week ago. It has to be something else.

That seems to be linked via the Fanatics site, since your purchase was before October, it stands to reason they would not have your order number when you contact the new supplier.

For your contact you would need to use the options to contact, here, for purchases before October 8, 2019.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/798/solution

4 Likes

Yeah, it just takes me to my “orders” page, where it shows the 15th Annv package as “delivered”, and the Blizzcon statues as “pending.”

But does “pending” means it’s SNAFU?

Or simply mean: it hasn’t shipped yet because none of the Blizzcon stuff has shipped yet?

Something seems wrong with my order.

Then how are they going to fulfill the order???

I gave them: Order number, my name, my address, my email address, my phone number, probably 2-3 other things… NONE of which they had.

So uh… how are they going to follow through with a client or their purchase they have zero info about??

3 Likes

A confirmation usually just means they have received the order, most companies do not charge you until the item ships, especially if it is something that is not being shipped until a later date (like the Blizzcon statues appear to be). You should also get a new email when the items actually ship.

They aren’t from what we have been told, Blizzard is handling all the orders that happened before the store was changed over.

2 Likes