Blizz employees are hugging and crying in the parking lot right now

Is there going to be an official report on how many employees they let go today or will it forever be “hundreds” which that in itself is a pretty large quantity of people who are now going to be jobless which I feel super bad for :cry:

Just curious how they “lied” about Allied Races? Nothing that I have seen from the feature has been contrary to anything that I have heard from Blizzard. Please elaborate?

1 Like

“My life is harder than anyones. This gives me the right to say that anyone elses hardship does not equate to mine in any way shape or form. Certainly I shouldn’t have any empathy towards people that got their dream job working at Blizzard only to get cut”

leans out of window at Blizzard Entertainment

“HEY! Quit cryin on our parking lot! And go out there and get some hardship! Like me!”

28 Likes

the product they put out was/is crap

this is what happens in large corps

sorry

2 Likes

Jeus Christ , i’m agreeing with you. Gonna go pay lotto today. ill give you a mill if i win like 20m,

1 Like

22 Likes

It’s always a terrible thing to read or hear that people are losing their jobs or what some may have considered their career. It seems nowadays we live paycheck to paycheck with very little savings. This indeed can be a hardship especially if the type of work they do is overmanned for their career field despite the unemployment rate. It may mean going to do a job that pays much less while they wait for a job opening that fits their expertise.

I’ve known airline pilots who became used car salesmen to make ends meet when they were furloughed. Others who have told stories who slept in their car in the airport parking lot while starting their career only making 28k with over 100k in loan debt.

It’s a tough world out there. Be kind to each other.

11 Likes

I’d be a lot more inclined to spend my money with bluzzard/Activision if they started treating their employees better.

Blizzard really needs to divorce itself from Activision, it’s a disease

2 Likes

DEAL

/10characters

warcraft didnt create the rts genre, though it was the best.

Rock n roll racing wasnt that good

you missed blackthorne

How’s the weather on your high horse?

Activision scamming people with allied races STILL.

They get what they deserve, I hope it never stops.

5 Likes

people were lead to believe due to how it was written that allied races, including zandalari, would be available at launch

1 Like

WoW is the money making game for Blizzard … what BFA has to do with layoffs is hard to understand .

1 Like

Nothing about that is true. They were implicitly told at like several buy expansion screens what to expect.

1 Like

Why worry, you guys do have cell phones right?

5 Likes

Oooooo. Yeah that’s uhh…that’s pretty bad XD

1 Like

Actually you might want to go back and reread that. Nowhere did it say that. People assumed it.

What the hell? That’s like comparing about farmers because your car has a malfunction.

ActiBlizz has nothing to do with Blizzard publishings, if you wanna point fingers at someone, point it to the devs. Lmao.

There were 6 Allied Races at launch. One of those races changed from what they advertised, so yes, I stand corrected there. But they have already explained why that happened so I can’t fault them for it. They still delivered on the quantity they had promised.

Nice pic btw, I love that it wasn’t just "they said ".

1 Like

I never assumed it, people in my guild never assumed it, and no one I talk to assumed it.

people that bought the expansion that havent played in awhile? they did nothing but say how the website said they would be available at launch. I dont know or care, but theres been thousands of topics on it so im assuming it wasnt just 1 or 2 people that made a mistake

2 Likes