Blizz, Either do something about Epic Premade Battleground players or allow everyone to queue as a raid

But given their gear level, why not do rated then? They would avoid the toxicity and not have to worry about some of their 5-person groups getting left out. They’re chasing easy wins, all the other reasons just seem very feeble to me.

5 Likes

rated isn’t epics. rated is not fun. also pvp gearing is easy, gear is not an excuse.

1 Like

I love how some people just threw themselves right under the bus and proved OP’s point.

14 Likes

Old CM response to using an add-on for epic premades.

I’ll try to break it down as clearly as I can:

Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. That is not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue. Playing with friends is fun and important, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of the spirit of the game nor the fun of others.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it’s not a perfect system, and we’re still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it’s not meant for organized groups to “pug stomp” and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize–if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it’s been a long time since you’ve been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they’re up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

Addons aren’t really a viable solution for botting issues, but we do take those issues seriously and we’ll continue our work on improvements to the Battleground system, including better ways to deal with botting and other exploitative gameplay.

10 Likes

that was before epics existed.

…because they’re not getting easy wins…I have my suspicions that you partake in these groups.

6 Likes

no, because its not fun. its stressfull. rated isn’t progression for pvpers, its a proving ground. pvp doesn’t progress in difficulty modes the way pve does, so you can’t just tell people to go to rated.

It was a response to epic premades in AV lol

6 Likes

and still, since then we have been given our own queue, we got told to go play by ourselves, and we did, so whats the problem?

Stop getting so upset with everyone when you chose to come here and pick fights. In this thread i’m asking to either enforce it or drop it. If they drop it then you don’t need to do all this extra work to queue with your thousands of friends. Just speak your peace and move on.

3 Likes

I can…they don’t have to listen, of course. If you’re 430 ilevel slaughtering random groups that have people anywhere from 380-410, you’re not ‘progressing’ anymore by honor farming them. You just get kicks from easy kills and easy wins.

I don’t need you to admit to this, nor do I need you to reiterate the same feeble point for the 5th time, so time to mute this thread and move on.

6 Likes

what are you doing in a BG with less than 430 ilvl?

1 Like

Again… I’m asking that they remove the restriction enabling this to happen more often. Stop getting so upset about it.

Is there another way of getting PvP gear above ilvl 430 that we don’t know about?

pvp gearing only take a few hours to get to 437. there is no excuse to not have gear unless you are on a fresh alt in which case you know the deal.

They’re probably trying to gear. In BGs. Where you obtain gear.

9 Likes

i literally just geared my augvoker, its not hard.

So then that’s probably what they were doing in a BG.

9 Likes

No, but you still have to go into BGs to gear. You didn’t ask whether or not it was hard. You asked what they’re doing in BGs.

6 Likes

okay, if you are in a BG to gear, then you already understand the situation of your toon and the game, why are you complaining? it is what it is and it only lasts a few hours.

You’re asking me why people complain about a system that is designed to crush their chances of winning for hours on end? Okay. Well, you do you.

10 Likes