Blizz Confirms Torghast DOES NOT Have Timers!

You shouldnt be exploring in a dungeon that way you’ll find structural design issues and other things wrong with the dungeon you should go go go.

2 Likes

Burgh will be tanking for us in November. Confirmed. Lol

1 Like

You don’t think so? Horrific visions have a blatant timer, as does M+. Arena doesn’t allow for certain cooldowns, and there’s the element of another player stopping you from performing a coordinated go provided they’re smart enough to stop you.

The only thing in this game without regulations of some form or another is raiding, which has the logistical war of finding 10+ people, and casual content such as world content, heroics, mythic 0’s, and bg’s - all of which mean nothing. Every high form of content in this game has a form of regulation that we have to adhere to, whether it be a timer, enrage, etc.

1 Like

Here is another idea no one will like.

Keep it the way it was and allow them to pop hero every mob pack and effectively bore themselves out of the dungeon.

3 Likes

I don’t want to leave either. But not much in BFA has held my attention, and the only thing in SL that was looking good has had the Blizzard touch put to it before it went live. They could have done surgery with a scalpel, but chose to go with a sledgehammer instead.

2 Likes

Because if you design a game/content where the most effective way of playing it is by sitting idle for 10 minutes followed by 1 minute of action, rinse and repeat, you failed as a designer.

Timer are everywhere in this game, daily has timer, weekly has timer, arena has timer, BG has timer, raid has timer.

3 Likes

Plenty of non-hardcore players were invited. Just look at the class feedback board.

Yet in any challenging content they do.

That’s a mythic plus dungeon not a dungeon crawl. Go go go back to mythic plus.

Nahh, most of us who got Alpha are pretty typical players. More will get it as time goes on, too.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, I’m just trying to understand why Blizzard feel the need to regulate this behavior. Some people choose to engage WoW by playing the Auction House for 15+ hours a day and Blizz doesn’t seem bothered by it.

I was under the impression that Torghast was meant to be infinite content engaged for as long as the player wants to do so. Sounds like this is not the case after all, that they don’t want players spending any lengthy amount of time there, which is definitely not how they sold it at Blizzcon.

5 Likes

My sarcasm couldn’t be more obvious?

2 Likes

Sorry my bad. now I get it, this whole thing put me in cranky irrational mode. Normally I would have cought that.

I don’t like it when people sell me a blue shirt and then dye it red after I buy it.

2 Likes

It is, you can stay in the resting area of every floor as much as you want, just clear a floor and get some rest for the next 15 hours.

1 Like

Is this a serious response?

Yeah, I can stay at the login screen for infinite time, too. Good distinction, thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

What exactly are you going to explore in there ?

1 Like

Sounds like you’re trolling if you think resting area = login screen.

Just wanted to credit you for the Poe reference.

3 Likes

It’s a ever changing dungeon, ummm everything. perhaps I will take the time to read the powers and ponder them before I pick them up. Perhaps I will get up and feed the cat before she eat’s my leg. Perhaps I will just be lost for a few or want to go back and click on a pot that I missed.

No thanks. Why should classes get nerfed because some people want to stop and walk the dog in the middle.

2 Likes

The person you replied to mentioned content that people can explore at their own pace.

Instead you tell them they can stay forever in one area doing nothing. How is that content?

Pure obstinance

2 Likes