BLIZ does it again for the ret pally community. STop nerfing and start BUFFFING! this healling nerf is 100% unnecessary. AT LEAST GIVE US BETTER UTILITY if your going to nerf the ONLY thing keeping us alive after our 3-10 mins CDS

But that is exactly the thing. You popped Seraphin and Wings for your burst window to have a chance at killing someone, but instead spent your holy power on a heal. The other team wins if every go you are healing yourself and not doing damage.

What do Rets bring to the tableā€¦
-Burst, we still (for now) have descent burst every minute and solid burst every 2 minutes)
-BoP, BoS, Freedomā€¦ still solid here but can sometimes be redundant has Holy Pally is so prevalent as a healer.
-Back up healā€¦ prob the best thing we used to bring as it helped the team live between offensive goes and helped during times the healer was CCed.

Reducing our healing severely diminishes our toolkit and viability along with our personal survivability.

Reading the forums people act like our heal is spammable lay on hands. It only heals huge during wings which you are winning if the Ret is healing during his wings and you canā€™t spam it as it costs 3 Holy Power out of our 5. So you can cast it, spend a global to gain a holy power, then cast it, then up to 3 globals before a 3rd cast.

1 Like

Iā€™m not doing it every go lol. Nor am I just popping Seraphim and such just to use WoG. Iā€™m merely saying it still heals for a frick ton during wings.

Reading the forums people act like our heal is spammable lay on hands.

Reading the forums iā€™m pretty sure a great deal of posters still think that LoH is actually possible in arena.

2 Likes

Ret is likely one of the best classes in the game to counter resto druids. Right now burst completely counters HOTs, and Ret has one of the best bursts. Resto druids right now are like 4th best/2nd worst healers in game.

Thatā€™s cute, Iā€™ll just go in my corner and cry while you 2 shot everything thatā€™s not plate.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying Ret Paladins need a buff, but it would be nice to feel like fighting Restoration Druids is not a futile endeavor.

I agree with you that playing r. druid is tough, but so is any healer but hpally right now in pvp. I think the point he was making relative to the thread is that he canā€™t catch up to the druid to burst before the druidā€™s partner(any of the 8+ specs with huge burst including ranged) kills the paladin. Self-healing is whatā€™s letting the wheelchair wonder even live long enough to reach his target.

I could only imagine the outrage if Crimson Vial instantly healed a Rogue for 80% of their health bar, didnt have a cooldown and instead just cost combo points.

WoG needed a nerf.

1 Like

Keep in mind that you would only get that 80% heal when you had vendetta up and it would take away from your burst dmg window because youā€™d be spending them to heal instead of dmg. Outside of vendetta itā€™s closer to 20% heal and you would also not be able to use it with any less than 3 combo points. Since itā€™s a combo point spender you would now longer be able to kidney shot or mutilate, etc. until you built that up again. In addition this would obviously be a complaint because of the fact that rogues have every CC DR in the game plus your cloak is essentially a bubble too, not to mention you also have one of the top bursts in the game and your sprint is faster or same speed as ground mounts.

I think the WOG nerf was alright. I wouldā€™ve rathered a change to healing hands talent, but this is besides the point. I generally like where pallies are at but I think since they nerfed our healing now, they should give us mobility. I think any one of these three options would be viable:

2 hand of freedoms baseline
2 steeds baseline or
Judgement procs a movement speed buff

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry: about 80% of Retā€™s damage is Holy, and the other 20% isnā€™t the stuff that 2-shots people, so plate is irrelevant. We are equal-opportunity instagibbers.

Iā€™m still not sure why people think that the best WoG crit theyā€™ve ever seen is the average performance. Even pre-nerf, WoG healed me for 18% of my health bar base, or potentially up to ~30% with the talent.

Thatā€™s not to say the nerf was unjustified; I think itā€™s fine. An 18-30% heal was still very good for a spammable ability. Iā€™m just saying that thereā€™s a certain vein of complaints about WoG based on the fact that really big crits are possible, a complaint which boils down to ā€œitā€™s not fair that a spec built on burst and healing should be able to do burst healing!ā€, which seems like a silly position.

3 Likes

Talking about mobility, Unbound Freedom being baseline would be a good start. But I think a small change to Crusader Aura would be enough. Say 10 to 15% increase to movement speed while active(could just only affect the paladin if might be too powerful affecting everyone in range) Could even make it a Conduit like Pure Concentration is for Concentration Aura.

Its a little odd to hear people talk about ā€œbut you have to give up your damage!ā€ like itā€™s some kind of rare drawback not felt by other classes. Merely having the choice between a large instant heal and damage is a pro, not a con.

This mindset is literally hilarious. Have you not seen the video on YouTube of the Ret pally 1v3ing in Arena and literally killing all 3 opponents with 5 buttons? ā€œCost of being offensiveā€ LOL :joy:

Yeah thatā€™s going to happen when fighting under geared players or players that are lacking. Many other classes can do the same thing.

People always get caught out thinking they outnumber someone and itā€™ll be an easy kill. They forgot to pay attention and boom dead because they didnā€™t use their CDs.

You should never be able to 1v3 an entire team by pressing 5 buttons. Nobody said anything about being undergeared - you just want an excuse to dunk on everyone else this entire x-pac.

1 Like

I really think the funny part is when you realize that Rets have been dunked on more often than not on most expacs. This is the exact reason I havenā€™t pvpā€™d since wotlk. Because we would get dunked on all the time. And then we have one expac where we actually are viable, and everyone QQā€™sā€¦so ridic

2 Likes

The difference between Viable and ā€œno counter playā€ is astounding in this scenario. Hence why nobody else is QQing over your past.

Well youā€™ve failed to link the video of this claim. Also gear does make huge difference, pvp scaling isnā€™t thing in this expac(As far as Iā€™m still aware of). If youā€™ve only got 20k hp, youā€™re going to evaporate to any geared dps spec given the current damage output.

I donā€™t pvp to stroke my epeen, I do it for the fun it.

The video you are seeking is literally on the Arena forum labeled ā€œReminder Rets Are Doing Thisā€.

I highly encourage you to check it out. Iā€™d link it but itā€™s not allowing me to post a link.

1 Like

And the video shows it was 3v3 and not 1v3. Also the abilities involved have been nerfed.

2 Likes