BLIZ does it again for the ret pally community. STop nerfing and start BUFFFING! this healling nerf is 100% unnecessary. AT LEAST GIVE US BETTER UTILITY if your going to nerf the ONLY thing keeping us alive after our 3-10 mins CDS

And thats why it was nerf

NOT ONE SINGLE PALDIN on this forum including me wants the strongest utility or heals. we just want to be able to press utility and survive the other classes burst. stop whining and crying because the the other class knows what to press and you dont.

bruh my highest cc is 1550 and thats with a random person i meet and never added. without comms. lmao im sorry i have 2 jobs and a life?

2 Likes

You completely missed the point. He has significantly more experience, in arena so Iā€™m obviously going to take his opinion over yours in regards to balance. Furthermore playing without comms will significantly hamper your capability in arena, so if you arenā€™t playing well with your partner, why would your opinion be worthwhile in regards to balance when youā€™re knowingly playing sub optimally.

1 Like

@#$ Blizzā€¦ Literally ruined the class with this TRASH nerf. So sick of this.

2 Likes

Says the Lock with Tank HP, Spamable CC, Pets, 2 Portals, Syphonā€¦ Am I forgetting anything? Yes Ret has burst in a 2min windowā€¦ But so does 1/2 the other classes in the game. The issue is we spend HP to heal not mana. So if Im now constantly healing I canā€™t burst now can I genius. Prot was the main issue and not Ret. This nerf is about as dumb as it gets.

4 Likes

Still getting good 20k+ wogs in wings with seraphim up. Itā€™s still good boys and girls.

1 Like

Ret is made for noobs. There are classes blizzard targets casuals with, and ret is probably one of them. They say they want to make a Ret a slow lumbering beast. What they really mean is they want ret to be playable by people with 1 finger and half a brain.

1 Like

In arena those long cooldowns are always ready for the fight, in rbgā€™s you have a healer. the heal was huge, there was literally no way you could beat a ret paladin in a duel as a havoc dh given similiar ilevel. quit whining about a 20% heal nerf on a dps spec and roll havoc :wink:

The difference in pve and pvp felt more than 20% in game.

Hopefully can get sims done to compare the difference

you should be asking for a buff instead of nerfing class, because if you nerf one class there will always be another ā€œOPā€ class to nerf. i agree that DH NEEDS defensive buffs tho. ret pally is fine. DH just needs a buff

Yes, but you have to be completely buffed to do so. Itā€™s not like you can always just wait around for wings and seraphim to be off CD so that you can quickly punch those two, hope that your HP bar is full and then punch WoG for the win.

Even in pve, Iā€™ve noticed that insane lack of healing by this nerf. Sometimes I now have to use it 2-3 times straight to get my health back to full. They might as well have just buffed FoL and made it an insta-crit and heal for the same amount.

Thatā€™s how it has always been. WoG has never been a reliable full heal from low HP. Mine does less than 20% of my HP at base value, so even with Selfless Healer itā€™s ~30%ish outside crits and cooldowns.

1 Like

With healing hands, I was definitely getting a pretty decent heal out of it. Typically, I could see it heal me at least to half, whereas now, it wonā€™t get up that high if Iā€™m at 25% health.

When it crits now, I MIGHT get to 2/3 full health. Whereas, prior to the nerf if it critted at all, I was almost at full health. Of course, if I do pop wings, itā€™s a completely different scenario. But I would rather look at it at its baseline value before buffs are added.

Test it and see, but Iā€™m fairly confident youā€™re just seeing confirmation bias. It should heal for 315% of spell power, plus versatility and talent. It has always been a thing you have to cast 2-3 times to get to full, barring luck.

1 Like

Hmm, I hadnā€™t thought of that. Iā€™ll have to try and make a more concerted effort to watch and see if indeed what you said is true.

I will say that when I go prot and use WoG, it definitely heals better than when I am ret. There was a recent world quest (killing elites and closing voids) where I went prot and had some great heals when I was low health. So taking that into account, you may be right about my confirmation bias.

Prot WoGs are basically twice as strong as Ret, because their version of Selfless Healer scales to +250% instead of +70%. So yeah, that checks out.

2 Likes

Oh dang, I didnā€™t realize it scales that dramatically. Which I feel like is quite ridiculous, since prots have so many other damage mitigating spells compared to ret. I mean, I have the bubble, and Shield of vengeanceā€¦thatā€™s it.

And now a nerfed WoG. But again, Iā€™ll need to take a more serious look at my healing to ensure I am seeing the nerf or not.

1 Like

If youā€™re referring to how it feels in 2s.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-tuning-changes-for-january-26/841816

1.went into arena 2s.
2.before gate open did test on healing another dps partner at wog is Xhp non crit.
3. mid fight when partner at 20% wog heals for Xhp non crit.

What im saying is the talent healing hands is not working or coefficient has been nerfed without an update on patch note.

2 Likes

If there is a hidden nerf on healing hands talent for ret may end up forcing quite a few ret paladins to have to be prot to even be viable to play arenas/rbg to be considered. Almost as though we are being forced to play prot now.
:sweat: