Blazing Ingot quest dead

That is exactly what’s coming next.

There’s no excuse for quest design to not default to items being shareable. You would think Blizzard’s designers would not intentionally want design that fosters conflict between players (other than quests explicitly designed as World PvP quests).

This is the kind of design that leads to just minor, bad interactions with people, sometimes nasty whispers. It speaks badly of Blizzard that they intentionally made a change like this. It’s one of those things that’s both very minor, and very revealing.

4 Likes

It means that while I’m killing the mob guarding the item, someone else will come in and steal it. Which is what quest designers should be thinking about. If they are thinking about this and making a decision in favor of it? Perhaps some therapy and a little time spent in the company of other people would be a good thing.

28 Likes

There’s absolutely no conceivable reason for these changes other than to make the quests take longer. I’d love to hear what Blizzard’s excuse is for this.

5 Likes

Just adding to this in case it’s being monitored by the Game development team. I was willing to give this change a chance so I went into the Maw today to experience it. I am now AFK on a rock just to come post here that this change is unintelligent at best, malicious game design at worst.

If this stays live I personally will be someone who went from doing every Maw quest daily, to completely ignoring this quest and any others like it.

That’s time spent in other games.

6 Likes

That poor window.

It improves nothing and it boggles my mind that blizzard went out of their way to “fix” this.

3 Likes

I truly hate when they do this.

2 Likes

For me personally, those cuts are definitely starting to take their toll.

2 Likes

Agreed. I don’t know what their problem is, but I feel like heads or sticks or.both need dislodged from backsides.

3 Likes

Well thankfully I am already exalted with Ven’ari on toons I care about

What about the weekly Souls?

Don’t give them ideas.

4 Likes

Oh god please no.

1 Like

I’m asking if that quest is safe (for now) of everyone being able to tag the same one… I mean most people just hang around cauldron on Tuesdays anyways

Obviously efficiency is a bad word now.

1 Like

defenestration cool word bro.

Blizzard isn’t very subtle are they? they don’t want fun and they don’t care who knows it

The Maw rat exploding quest is the worst offender. It’s the perfect example of Blizzard wanting and encouraging bad blood between players.

2 Likes

I hope they fire the guy who made this change. What is the point of making people spend an hour doing 1 daily? Blizzard is actually retarded.

4 Likes

Well, it won’t increase my time played metric, it will reduce it as it will now be a quest I just skip, reducing my time spent in the maw still further.

8 Likes

And this is why I canceled my account. It goes bye-bye next month, and so do I. I logged in for a minute or two a few days ago after I had taken a week long break, thinking maybe that little reprieve would have helped a bit, but I became bored to tears just thinking about playing.

I just can’t anymore. I really think I’m done with WoW, after playing it since vanilla beta 2.

Meh. I probably should have quit two expansions ago, but oh well. It really is just an excersie in tedium now.

2 Likes