Blazing Ingot quest dead

Apparently they changed the blazing ingot quest to be changed so they weren’t shared, so you need to gather 12 but if someone grabs one it disappears. Idk who asked for this but I hope I’m not the only one who now considers this a dead quest lol.

48 Likes

They did the same thing to the Ardenweald animacone gathering as a moth quest.

We can’t have nice things. We must fight each other for stuff, instead of help each other.

45 Likes

Fun detected.

9 Likes

The VP of Mandatory Tedium needs to be defenestrated, along with his entire department.

There’s entirely too many resources spent on padding the game out instead of making it fun.

17 Likes

I mean even if we were, that doesn’t really matter considering I’m fighting my own faction for this stuff now too lol.

6 Likes

I find it weird that they do this kind of stuff.

If you want to make quest content shareable make them all shareable, if you don’t want to make it shareable make all of it not shareable.

When I quest I just assume everything is shareable and “take” stuff assuming it won’t impact people. Then afterwards I may realize it’s not and it’s like oops and ok but why though.

1 Like

its to slow down the grind and they can report higher time played metrics.

14 Likes

If I can’t also absorb a soul that someone else just grabbed, I seriously might consider quitting.

12 Likes

It is really confusing. When souls in the Maw are freed, everyone can grab it until it despawns. Yet items like the blazing ingots aren’t shareable?

1 Like

If they did that, I would count my lucky stars I’ve maxed out renown and don’t have to touch that crap again.

500 easy anima still nice. wait, I mean 500 suuuuuper hard and tedious to grab anima still nice (in case time played spies are watching…)

2 Likes

I do not understand the mindset behind this infuriating change. Like what is Blizzard’s problem? Seriously?

NO ONE WANTS TO COMPETE FOR QUEST ITEMS.

This isn’t something that needed to be fixed.

14 Likes

Well you see you each take a part of the soul but they don’t want to take a bar and split it in half so yeah that’s the lore bro

1 Like

Oh gods, they’ll probably “fix” that too.

Bummer, that was the one maw quest I did. I’d hoped they would go in the other direction for the game in general. I think faction tagging in world quests doesn’t add much besides time.

i just saw that last night. i hated that quest at first. then i figured it out and enjoyed it. now i hate it again.

2 Likes

No one will quit WoW over this, but its just another one of the thousand cuts that is causing people to quit WoW.

15 Likes

Yep. It’s garbo. I don’t understand why they are making the maw even worse.

2 Likes

I didn’t enjoy that quest because it was boring, but it was easy and took 2 minutes.

Now it’s frustrating and takes 10.

Blizzard: “But muh pLaYeR eNgAgEmEnT mEtRiCs”

Lets see how that goes for them when players get so frustrated they go elsewhere.

4 Likes

Does anyone actually like this change? Does this improve anything? Does anyone find quests where you need to click on tiny objects faster than other players over a laggy network compelling?
I really don’t understand any reason to make this change. If anything I would like for them to go back and change other quests that don’t share so they do share.

Quests like these with high volume of players and non-shared quests just make me want to play single player WoW, which isn’t good for an MMO.

7 Likes