Blah Community Council let down

Wouldn’t master loot mean that most casual players wouldn’t get loot? I’m not sure I like the idea of a raid leader controlling who gets what

a very true statement. they don’t.

Mirasol, after seeing how Torghast ← (which I really enjoyed because of the solo play) worked out, I can see NO reason whatsoever that they can’t make solo options for Dungeons.

Raids? Too many mechanics/soak abilities/et cetera to be viable, I’d assume.

If they listen to anything you’ve suggested, I hope it’s solo dungeons…

4 Likes

Community council has been a huge failure. It was a PR move to distract people from the sexual assault case. It’s disgusting and pathetic

6 Likes

Hello, I see you posted a thread about being a casual. You know, everytime I see these threads, requests in other various threads, or a few posts in the Community Council, it would be a lot easier to just combine all of them and make a giant thread that just says, “Hey, copy FF14.” I mean the RPG thread in the CC forums is more or less just a copy/paste of FF14 into WoW thread lol.

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

2 Likes

This 100%. If anyone thought otherwise then I have a bridge to sell.

They have had so much feedback for years that have correctly predicted every major issue for years and they don’t listen/don’t act on it until its too late.

If they actually have trouble listening I offer my services for 3 days a week for 5 hours a day 20 bucks an hour and I can easily summerirse what the forums are talking about for them without them needing to limit the amount of people they listen to to 100.

CC is a publicity stunt followed by an excuse when they don’t go well again next time even though we all again saw the issues coming and we’re ignored…again.

3 Likes

I can honestly see how you might have read this if you have a serious reading issues and that’s pretty much it. Maybe you should take some more time instead of trying to pretend like it’s an echochamber for of “elitists” and actually read the forums.

If anything there has been 2 people who raid at a relevant competitive level who have posted on there and none of their comments have been responded to. I see the CC as a bunch of casual pet collectors and mount farmers trying to weigh in on every subject when they have absolutely no idea.

This entire thread is a joke and the fact you have so many likes speaking magnitudes of the reason why raiders avoid this place like the plague.

god these forums are atrocious its incredible, some of you are actually the biggest clowns my god.

3 Likes

This is the CM role if you want to apply. It crosses many platforms for feedback as well as a lot of other duties. It is not just “reading the forums”. This is from a recent job posting.

Description:
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. The Global World of Warcraft Publishing team is seeking a community professional who is passionate about player communities, brand communications, marketing, and customer support. They would join our community development team, who is dedicated to creating and maintaining relationships with our community of players.

The ideal candidate is driven, creative, and is a self-starter who possesses strong task management skills with a proven track record of successful community management and development experience in the entertainment industry. They are a tireless advocate for the voice of the player, constantly seeking to build bridges, trust, and foster constructive dialogue.

Responsibilities:

• Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
  • Contribute to the design and execution of community development programs for World of Warcraft
  • Support communication plans and channel management
  • Create and maintain relationships with community partners including fansites, content creators, and volunteers
  • Engage with players at in-person and online events Work closely with the various teams developing and supporting World of Warcraft Compile and relay meaningful feedback on the sentiment, suggestions, and concerns of the community
  • Support the live operations of World of Warcraft with public-facing messaging tailored to our audience Develop official communications for upcoming game changes and content

Requirements:

• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
  • Minimum four years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
  • Experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
  • Familiarity with project management and process improvement
  • Ability to meet deliverables amid a fast-paced, high volume environment
  • Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours including weekends as needed

Pluses:

• Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
  • Third party relationship management experience
  • Project management training and experience
  • A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with World of Warcraft and/or World of Warcraft Classic
  • Experience with content management systems, html, or other publishing platforms
  • Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities Fansite, creator, and/or streaming experience within the WoW community
  • Video production and/or graphic arts experience

Required Application Materials:

Resume & Cover Letter which should include:

• Why you are interested in working at Blizzard on World of Warcraft.
  • What you are currently playing
    Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.

Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.

Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences

1 Like

like oh my god has anyone who actually liked the original poster actually visited the community council or are you guys just taking an angry casuals player word for it.

go look at it and tell me how anything about that forum screams elitists.

pathetic

3 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. Clearly the RP elitists in the CC forums are letting everyone down!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like

Let OP have his own imaginary discussions please.

1 Like

Short, sweet, and straight-to-the-point :laughing:

If its any consolation, Blizzard has posted like 8 times in almost a month… and 4 of the posts were basically the TBC Dev who’s probably got a lot of time on his hands since TBC is basically dead.

Blizzard isn’t going to listen to them unless they suggest something they were planning to do all along - then they’ll do it and make a big deal about how they’re listening.

The WoW Community Council is a PR stunt.

6 Likes

Admittedly seeing nothing change in this thread by Blizz is pretty disheartening: Links to Notable Discussions in this Forum - Community / WoW Community Council - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

What even falls under notable discussions in this case?

I’m not irritated with you or the others. You and Mira especially are perhaps two of the most vocal in the council, or at least most responsive to those outside of the council. I’m more confused as to what is considered meaningful to not just the council, but Blizz? I see some great ideas and noteworthy topics in the CC forums and some outside of them. Surely it can’t just be updated with just each new patch.

There’s plenty of people who do nothing higher than queued content.

1 Like

Not that I blame the people selected. Just Blizzard either didn’t select enough or their criteria of selection was in a way to create more of an echo chamber. Ya’ll can only speak on what you believe in. You could try to represent others but that would make you not authentic and just as out of touch as blizzard is cause you can’t really understand another person perspective all that easily.

1 Like

I have to agree that they really didnt highlight noteworthy to me at least but it really comes down to perspective. I think they seem less detached with the ideas from other people and really being forced to answer some questions they would obviously avoid examples like the solo shuffle punishment stuff. Its great knowing that stuff now instead of as the patch releases and being like LOL classic indie company. Im def gonna be pushing harder on getting straight answers for tough stuff but id like to start slow instead of just going straight at them with gotcha stuff

1 Like

Talking about M+ and normal raiding, already explained whats the difference between those people and people who only do LFR and normal dungeons.

And that is the real issue. A community council is supposed to speak for the community in which they represent, not themselves. I think the one guy who did try to solicit input got kicked for creating that discord room though, right?

No mercy !!!

1 Like