Blah Community Council let down

I had hoped the Community Council would be a nice mixed group of people from a variety of play styles so they could have someone representing each of us on it. But reading the forums over there makes me sad. All I see is a bunch of elitist type players that want stuff like Master Loot to come back, and keep cosmetics being FOMO. Nobody there has a hint of casual or low end content type player in them. All they are doing at Blizzard is creating a echo chamber.

126 Likes

You were mistaken. They weren’t a broad group of people. They’re all French, and now we’re screwed

14 Likes

just looked at the top 20 topics there… none of them were about master loot or fomo cosmetics.

21 Likes

There was a question on the application, I forgot the wording but it was like ‘List things you have contributed to the community’.

I don’t know but I feel like that’s not something a “casual” player is going to have.

:laughing: I just realized it’s like “Hiring for Entry Level position, must have 5 years experience”

54 Likes

It could be that people who play casually missed the application, it was only up for like a week or something and not everyone plays every week!

4 Likes

They’re doing alright leave them alone

If they ain’t talkin’ about housing, I ain’t readin’!

3 Likes

naw but for real we trying

14 Likes

OP, they had thousands of applicants, are crunch time designing 10.0 and have internal issues. Unfortunately while I’m a skeptic myself of Blizzard’s facade;

You can’t blame the actual players… they speak from only their own experiences and wants/needs.

It’s really too early to tell what effect this has. I’m of the belief nothing big will come of it ~ and I’ve constantly said people should stop having unreal expectations from this ‘community council’ idea.

Blizzard has tried this in some fashion and failed miserably. They don’t have a good track record so honestly; lower expectations.

3 Likes

They put the type of players they respect in there.

3 Likes

you cant represent the average casual - they don’t themselves know what they want.

8 Likes

That’s what elitists keep repeating to themselves. “Those people are so stupid they won’t agree with what I want, so why bother trying?”

The fact is that responsible corporations will hire independent firms to do scientific marketing research to characterize their customer base and determine what is necessary to keep them as paying customers long before sinking hundreds of millions of dollars into development projects.

19 Likes

Yes, those pesky buzzwords and their other buzzwords.

4 Likes

I have no problem with cosmetics being FOMO. I think that type of content is actually good for the game, even though I might be a minority willing to say so.

But master loot can stay gone.

au contraire - most casuals want to be able to do what they want in the game when they want. They don’t want to have to waste all their time doing campaigns and getting renown and conduits just to have a properly powered character and then not having time to do the content they are paying for.

Blizzard really needs to stop being so darn controlling about how people play and start giving more options as well.

23 Likes

I don’t really look at the cc forum. Anyone know if they’ve raised the issue of raid skips for old raids like SoO and DS???

Yes the topic about mounting a flying mount in a no fly zone when using the random mount function was very “hardcore” and “elitist”. CC is useless, stop turning this into another “muh casuals don’t have a voice”.

4 Likes

Oh FFS, stop.

34 Likes

Only at the parts you’re interested in.

We could have so many interesting topics. Why does nobody of you guys make an attempt on highlighting the Pandaren and their future: Making them true neutral as an unique race to win players to play them, discussing the possible heritage armor and why it shouldn’t be blatantly become blue/red and what customizations are needed.

Or the raccoon race suggested by the people for the Alliance, as a quick remedy for the Mechagnome/Vulpera disaster?
What about the on-going elf-wars? The EE-trope toggle request?
Faction imbalance? No follow up to one of the first topics?

You can find so many great topics in GD - but as far as I can see only a few people try to do something good. Prosident was really the mvp of you guys, followed by Letholas and the RP-crew. You all let them hanging but hey, as long as it serves the “same vision” you share with the developers, you’ll get an answer.

7 Likes

Elitism is when you don’t post about specifically the things I want you to post about. :triumph:

/s ofc

9 Likes

LOL!

I never see what that fools posts unless someone quotes him.

4 Likes