Blah Community Council let down

Exactly I would rather have the rep grind over the one year wait.

1 Like

Ignore GD most people here are filled with scorn and hate

1 Like

Hey now, hate is a wonderful thing. Itā€™s ā€œAllā€™s fair in love and war.ā€, not hate and war after allā€¦

And terrible ideas. Thatā€™s like the biggest thing you left out. It probably breeds the hate and scorn to boot.

1 Like

Unfortunately, many players agree with this.

Sounds me like someone is a little jealous :wink:

To the CC:

What exactly is wrong with bringing back FOMO cosmetics and locking them behind an equal or harder challenge than original? Why is ā€œI WAS THERE!ā€ so ingrained when it is such an unfriendly mechanic for new and returning players?

3 Likes

Honestly the game is the same candy coated turd it has always been. They always try and pander to everyone and end up pleasing no one.

COVID hurt them. But the lawsuit destroyed them. With so many other options out there why stay in a game that constantly lies about everything.

The community has no trust left in them. Blizzard does a real good job of starting to build back trust, but a few months in they get board, forgot all the promises made and fall back into comfortable old habits.

The problem is that we never want to see that ride again, and we literally see it as a repeat on the permanent Blizzard schedule.

4 Likes

ā€œWeā€™ll communicate betterā€

doesnā€™t communicate better

ā€œHereā€™s some shiny new rewards!ā€

takes rewards away

Yeah, it really is a crappy rollercoaster at this point.

9 Likes

The Community Council wasnā€™t created to help us or the game.

5 Likes

Well, if you have good ideas/posts then you have nothing to worry about :man_shrugging:

In theory, the ā€˜likesā€™/upvotes on a particular post/idea would outweigh the false dislikes from trolls etc

3 Likes

My opinion:

Because they are cosmetic. There should be a prestige factor for the ā€œIā€™ve played since vanillaā€ people. FOMO cosmetics are fine. FOMO content is not.

Do I wish I had the MoP/WoD challenge mode appearances? Absolutely. I played the game back then and wasnā€™t good enough to get them. Doesnā€™t mean I am now, but I missed out.

I also didnā€™t get the Wrathion cloak in MoP, so I canā€™t go to Ordos at all. Thatā€™s not good.

as opposed to this thread which is ā€œthose people arenā€™t talking about the only things i think are important, so theyā€™re elitists/shills/etc.ā€

1 Like

You forgot the tried-and-tested

ā€œplayers complaining? people bringing up the lack of content? Uhhh, uu-h, hmmmm, uuuu-hā€¦ hereā€™s a shiny new $25 store mount!ā€

I do see a variety of topics on the CC forums, some of which I care about as someone who has gone casual after being a raider for years.

My big concern about the CC is the lack of blue posts on PvE topics. The only blue responses I see are regarding things I donā€™t care about such as TBCC. I would like to see more blue responses in general.

The one about the random mount button is the closest I can see to something related to retail PvE, but itā€™s not something I use - Iā€™m perfectly happy to use my cloud serpents and other mounts without ground animations in any zone in the game regardless of whether I can fly. I can see the value for those that do use the random mount button though.

1 Like

I get that, but isnā€™t that what achievements and their respective dates are for?

We saw that heavily used in the MT tower debates that littered the forums. ā€œMy MT achievement was prestigious because I got it in 7.2 and you didnā€™t get it until the day before BFAā€. I saw that spoken time and time again.

Also, a lot of things are gone without any sort of ā€œprestigeā€ factor at all. Example: 2007 Brewfest Ram. That should have never, ever been yanked. Thatā€™s one example.

Thereā€™s a major ā€œremove content and rewardsā€ issue with this game and itā€™s awful when thereā€™s already content issues to begin with.

9 Likes

Then keep bringing up the ideas that you find interesting so that more people in the community council can see why it is a good idea to bring it up in the first place.

All the stuff you mentioned was likeā€¦ opinions. Not fixes for anything.

2 Likes

The biggest joke (on us players) from the recycled Mage Tower recently is how some people actually took the time to compare/contrast old 7.2/7.3 Mage Tower footage and Youtube videos, compared the raw numbers, and discovered that the ā€œnewā€ Mage Tower is actually HARDER then the same exact challenges during Legionā€¦ for worse rewards :clown_face:

9 Likes

Neither is fine. Why should someone not get the Gulā€™dan staff for his Mythic Black Foundry set? Because of you or the developers? Some items need to come back, others donā€™t. We cannot FOMO everything to have prestige when the game doesnā€™t even has integrity. Itā€™s a digital service and people should get what they want.

Best solution would be to put it online for a premium price. Maybe then they will actually start using the money to rework every old polygon model and map to keep the game ā€œprestigeā€

4 Likes

There is creativity within what you recklessly call terrible ideas so I can never truly denounce the suggestions and ideas of GD.

1 Like