Blah Community Council let down

i always see you diminishing other players grievances
so i would call you an obstacle

21 Likes

I can take it or leave it, but if the droprates arenā€™t fixedā€¦ does ML even matter? And if it did come back, Iā€™d say maybe add a vote mechanism to itā€¦ just to be sureā€¦ because no group leader in charge of ML has ever boned another player on a mountā€¦ amiright?

The ML issue is really a Heroic Raid+ problem imo.

Average joe player who isnā€™t in a raid team would be harmed by such a system and it was the correct move to move the entire playerbase away from that. Even having the option, while I do support that, would still lead to terrible people exploiting people. That negative far outweighs the positive.

3 Likes

Where? Where do you see me addressing a game concern and telling the person they donā€™t matter or their concern does not matter?

Asking the OP to actually back what they are saying is not diminishing a grievance. It is pointing out false statement as false. Further, their complaint is not about the game, it is about other players on the CC.

3 Likes

The forums exist to give feedback - just like you are doing.

What mechanism did you want instead?

1 Like

A simple ā€œdislikeā€ or ā€œthumbs downā€ button use-able by the general public/GDā€™ers would be a nice touch. This would allow the wider community to vote on what CC posts are good ideas and which CC posts/ideas are regarded as unpopular.

11 Likes

3 Likes

Ah, so 99% of this whole forum website
XD

How valid do you think that would be? There are some who would honestly consider the post, think about it, and disagree.

There are a whole lot more who enjoy trolling, briggading, etc. Who just hate the concept of the CC and would down vote all of them out of principle. Others who down vote anything X person says because they donā€™t like that person. We have enough issues with people falsely flagging posts for those reasons on the forums.

If someone really disagrees with a post make a well thought out thread about it saying WHY they disagree. That says a whole lot more than random hate votes.

6 Likes

We appreciate the effort with a humble bow.

You canā€™t ā€˜call outā€™ people on the forums? So you canā€™t say provide evidence or feedback in regards to a specific person here, which is why there were specific e-mails for feedback for MVP program and CMs in general.

1 Like

Disagree tbh, using like ratios as a measure of whatā€™s popular doesnā€™t work all too good in a forum format for a game. Depending on the day you post something you can get vastly different outcomes. Then their is the fact some things are just trigger words for people and will earn instant upvote or downvote regardless of the actual content, similar to karma farming on reddit.

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like ā€œYou think you doā€¦ but you donā€™t.ā€

2 Likes

Ah, ok. Yeah, call out threads would get someone in trouble. You can use the same email for the CC. The CMs are the ones who run both programs so would be the ones to handle any conduct that is inappropriate. Obviously donā€™t use it for ā€œI donā€™t like so and soā€. If there is a serious issue though, by all means grab the email from the sticky thread with the rules and MVP program descriptions.

That is my take on it as well. Watching the karma farming on reddit, and how disingenuous some of those takes are, makes you question the whole system. This thread alone, makes a false statement in the first post. However, there are people who hate the concept of the CC who donā€™t care that the OP is inaccurate, they just want to upvote anything negative that fits their opinions. Sort of human nature I suppose.

2 Likes

Well yes, in all honesty I have no idea how one could make the CC work properly and I said this earlier in the tread, it should not be upon the players alone to pinpoint where, when and how the game is hitting on pain points, with 15+ years of experience in being the marker leader Blizzard should understand how the game works, how itā€™s players interact with it and how to improve it. It should not be up to us to be coming up with suggestion to improve the systems in the game, the systems should already launched ready.

Edit: To clarify Iā€™m not saying that we should not be giving feedback or that the feedback should be ignored on Blizzards part, Iā€™m saying that we should not have come to this state in the first place and we should not continue to be in this state because Blizzard is seemingly incapable to develop their own game.

Put me down as a ā€œjack of all tradesā€ :wink:

Mounts can stay personal loot tbh, even with ML enabled. Iā€™m fine with that. ML for gear is what I want to see back.

Iā€™ll try and be fair and neutral. I just get the vibe from when I first looked at the intros there werenā€™t a lot of players selected who are in low keys and maybe venture up to normal raid. Most I saw were CE/Guild leaders of CE raiding guilds, RP players, and collectors.

IMO if WoW wants useful feedback on how to get players back you need to talk to the players who are in that category because theyā€™re the community members who left.

2 Likes

I agree those are some of the people who have left, but there are also mythic raiders leaving as well. everyoneā€™s voice matters 100%. From everything weā€™ve been told and Iā€™ve interpreted, if a certain voice isnā€™t active on the CC forum, someone with that voice will be added when found.

I donā€™t disagree with your opinion there. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s Mythic level players who have left too. Preach is a good example of the level of frustration there. I just tend to focus on the other group (well duh Iā€™m from there) but more importantly thatā€™s the group they lost the most of and I donā€™t think they have a good handle on how to bring those players back, whereas the Mythic level players they do have a good understanding of what those players are looking for.

1 Like

Ask yourself who are the people that are doing low keys or are doing normal still. To save you some trouble those would be casuals that arenā€™t invested in the game, why would those people even apply to the community council ?