Blah Community Council let down

Im sure the battle pet people feel the same way

6 Likes

Exactly.

Tbf it’s not their job so to speak to do that, the way the CC was picked to have different perspectives on playstyles and for people to share what THEIR interests are and what is hindering them. It was not done exclusively for a WF raider to share their opinions on worgen customizations options.

Now there is an argument to be made that the CC barely touches on the obvious pain points in the game and mostly focuses on non issues (the last time I checked at least), and that Blizzard seemingly is only responding to the trivial treads. Imo the CC was a big mistake because almost non of the people selected so far seem to know what they are talking about and are just sharing opinions rather than looking at things objectively with different perspectives in mind, or to put it in other words non of them are “experts” in their given field of WoW, and yes that does include Prosident who at least tried to do some research into other fields of play.

5 Likes

Some of the rp suggestions on the council are a good start.

2 Likes

Well duh. The point of the CC from an individuals perspective is to post what you’re passionate and knowledgable about.

If you were in the CC, I wouldn’t expect you to post about the utility and damage profile imbalances between Raiding and M+ because you (probably) don’t care about that stuff.

Likewise, if I were in the CC, I’d never post about PvP because I’m not ever going to make a quality post about a topic I do not care about in the slightest.

7 Likes

It’s not mutually exclusive, I mean as a PvE player I can pinpoint how decisions made for PvP is hindering my gameplay and how my personal wish list could potentially ruin PvP for others. The biggest problem (like I said above) is that no one is looking at things objectively and are only making suggestions on how to improve their specific playstyle without considering how it would impact the rest of the game, however you can still have a PvE exclusive player construct a well written topic on PvP (and vice versa) if said player generally understood how the game works and how these different playstyles interact within it.

Honestly, until their are new “deciders” at blizz, nothing much will likely change.

Too much ego and investment in bad game design, and the unwillingness to accept that big mistakes were made, even after receiving feedback.

The problem isn’t the amount or quality of the feedback.

10 Likes

I mean it’s not, but my point is that what you post on the CC is entirely dependent on your personal interests.

I don’t care about PvP, so I wouldn’t post about PvP simply because I know I don’t have any real insight to the subject beyond how it’s gearing broke PvE in early Shadowlands.

It’s a rare player who would have no interest in X topic, whether that be PvP or PvE or even RP, and still be able to accurately assess and outline issues within that topic. Even Prosident, who did post on a wide variety of topics never more than scratched the surface of topics when it was clear he wasn’t intimately familiar with the subject.

In my books, the quality of CC posts is significantly more important than the quantity of them. It’s an inherently slow forum, unlike General Discussion or other mediums like Twitter or Reddit, it’s far better served having a really specific thread on X subject than it is with bulk, low quality threads.

3 Likes

Unfortunately you are correct.

One would think that the quality or amount of feedback should be irrelevant for a company that was the marker leader for 16-17 years. I mean it’s laughable how every time Blizzard announces a new system the majority of the players could spot the flaws in them but somehow it takes Blizzard nearly a year (assuming if its not intentional) to reach the same conclusion as the players.

7 Likes

Community council is fine, i just wish there was some form of downvote or anything to indicate we don’t personally support a point. Even if it required typing a sentence in a private feedback box to prevent mass downvoting for no real reason

Just any form of feedback lol

4 Likes

It’s not rocket science and I do play all classes and specs at one point in every expansion. Perhaps all but Discipline Priest. You remind me of the dread I face every new expansion, setting every single spec up again. Without the well-known hotkey-spec saver add-on I would have already given up on +40 characters.

Sums it up perfectly.

Gotta love when top end players act as if your voice isn’t represented. No one for one second thought that this forum was going to have any casual players. Go to other mmo websites and under the WoW section everyone all said the same thing: the forum isn’t going to have casual players represented. Shocker!

All I see is people believing what they want to believe, confirming their own agenda. If you were so worried about the CC why didn’t you apply.

1 Like

Can you define what a casual player, and what an elitist are? Kinda need to know what definitions youre using to properly make a response.

1 Like

I feel like you really really did not read the Intro posts there. You will also find quite a few people here on General have the opposite view. Why are the CC folks not people who are famous streamers or something? They are all “normal” type folks.

You are not new here though and you have plenty of posts. You know that the Council has a wide variety of player types on it, including casual folks who never even do group content.

That would be a boring post though, wouldn’t it?

14 Likes

@OP, right?

Not only is the CC board fairly dead/inactive, the “b-, buuu-t, but it’s Christmas time!” excuse can’t really be used anymore :joy:

It’s January 17, almost 3 weeks out from Christmas, and the board is still inactive/low activity…

12 Likes

Define how I am an “elite” player please. The premise of the first post is that there are no casual players. What would you call me?

1 Like

I think the more disappointing fact is that most of the recent posts are PVP or TBC, and worse that those are the only things that get blue responses.

PVP is terrible right now true, but it is but one of many things systemically wrong with retail right now.

The council was supposed to be a venue for player to blue communication that was purportedly gonna “fix” the lack of communication cause they don’t like GD, well now they have the council and communication is still minimalist.

7 Likes

Hmmmmmm

I was mainly commenting on the general dead-ness/inactivity of the CC forum, but now that I think about it many of the posters there really do come from a high-end PvE/Mythic raiding background. In other words… players that are not really representative of the typical “everyday” casual player that frequents GD :laughing:

High-end PvE’ers are a significant chunk/%'age of the members there, the OP has a point especially with stuff like Master Looter etc.

I only take a peek in there maybe once a week since it’s so inactive, took a peek in there just now and it’s still the same threads from last week and not really any new blue-posts…

7 Likes

I am thinking of making an excel sheet with all the users in rows and in columns have Xs to indicate what content they do.

We’ll see the ratio.

To me it seems like a decent chunk of those who got invited were not terribly interested in it, and more wanted it as some sort of status to bolster themselves. That’s how I see it from the people I recognize that I personally thought shouldn’t have been on there. How many of them have posted since the year started? Quite a few have not. Had a couple of ideas to push out, but now that they’re out there seem spent. Haven’t really seen all the ‘new names’ making new topics that were supposed to come in the ‘next wave’ either.

The fact there’s still no feedback option geared towards those on the council is definitely another negative, especially after the stuff with the one that got removed and the other one with controversy.

3 Likes