Black lotus

Dude, I already explained to you that I’m not the person who thought realm sizes were the same as Vanilla. You kept saying I was linking an Ion quote about it and I never did.

I simply posted what you quoted there to let people know that there were a decent amount of people raiding even back in 2005.

I’ve said it numerous times that Full Classic servers have a concurrent user cap of about 5,000. At the end of Vanilla, the cap on servers was 3,000~

That’s not true to vanilla.

Oh Jesus, that name, yo.

“Jeff,” I’d bet. :wink:

my brother omce found a black lotus.

1 Like

You could try, but you never know when Blizz might use you as a destination realm and turn you into high pop server. Look at Earthfury, formerly known as Deadfury.

Didn’t it have a pretty decent population prior to the server transfers though?

But yes, that is something that can happen. I’d still much prefer that to forcing everybody into lower population servers, which apparently the majority of played do not want, as they are mostly clustered on the highest population servers.

Been wanting this since day 1. This game was never designed to handle as many players as we have now on some servers. A big reason I wanted official servers was because I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with this over populated mega server crap.

It is true to vanilla. You never actually needed flasks to get through MC or BWL. People used them because they didn’t know what they were doing, and hadn’t had 15 years of theorycrafting and guides to work from. Basically, people needed flasks because they didn’t know what they were doing. People know more, now, which is why Rag and Ony both died before the first reset, and people were clearing BWL day one. Even without flasks, people are still clearing raids. Flasks are only needed if your raid team doesn’t know what they’re doing, or if you’re trying to parse uber high so that you can show off your e-peen to others.

Finally, data from someone who gets it

Aaaaaand its a player created situ

Private server kids are paying subs. Classic would likely not exist without them,so, we live with a strange compromise where the old game has way more tryhards and flaskers, while also bringing back all the enitled (greyish) neckbeards.

What a combo!!!

Because its what they love to do. We are shouting into a wind lol

2 Likes

dynamic spawn rates for black lotus would be an acceptable change. even in knowing that the spawn rate would essentially be permanently at its fastest rate of spawning

2 Likes

To be fair, smaller servers would have the same supply from the farmers, but less demand. So more Lotus per-player.

Or they could make more servers with vanilla population caps to spread the playerbase around? Each extra server to maintain would add to their budget though.

And how do smaller servers benefit from that ratio, objectively? Any raid logs to prove how having a more beneficial lotus ratio makes life better?

In other words: its not a huge deal, at all.

Most will choose a large, diverse AH over slightly better flask or lotus parity every single time.

There is no “the black lotus problem”.

Maybe you have a problem. Maybe you want to get BL cheaper, or easier, or faster, or something.

But BL is working fine. It’s spawning and players are gathering it. That’s the game design. Clearly it is not a game problem.

If other players are beating you to BL nodes (your “problem”) it is not Blizzard’s job to help you. It is not Blizzard’s job to help one player compete with another player. It is not Blizzard’s job to make “everything easy enough that we can all do it”.

I don’t have any characters above level 42.

So I think Black Lotus should spawn in all 20-40 zones, and nowhere else. To me that is the only “reasonable fix”. Anything else is a “problem”.

How about it, Blizzard? Or is this just more level-60-favoritism?

And how come only Herbalists can gather Black Lotus? More favoritism? It should drop off gnolls in Westfall…#gnochanges

You’re being disengenuous.

It doesn’t matter whether or not flasks were necessary in Vanilla, that’s not the point. The point is they were accessible like they were necessary and used as such in vanilla. No one is arguing whether or not they are necessary they are talking about accessibility.

#nochanges implies a lot more than just “don’t make changes to the code”. Every single private server adjusted spawn rates dynamically with population and thrived because they understood you need to reflect things like that if you are going to allow server populations significantly higher than was ever possible 15 years ago.

How many hundreds of thousands of lotuses have been picked by now?
How many were actually needed to complete content?

Maybe stop wasting them.

1 Like

FIXED. Welcome to layering