Black lotus

Why respond if you’re not going to read? The issue isn’t that more people use flask now, while that is true, it is a very small part of the problem and not something I would create a thread to complain about.

The issue is that there are the same number of nodes/spawns as vanilla but they multiplied the server caps by 3-4 which is where the 4x price really comes from.

They accidentally fixed it for the moment by adding layering back in, but I hope when layering goes away they also implement a way to account for the servers having so many more people, because while it might not seem like it, the argument I’m making it is closer to “no changes” than actually making a change. It would be a change that would adjust for a change that is already in the game, which would make the game feel closer to true vanilla when we decide to commit some extra gold for a flask. It’s a bit of an abstract argument and clearly too complex of a problem for some people here to grasp, but I’m confident Blizzard will understand the argument here.

They didn’t multiply the server caps by 3-4x. With layering you can make that argument but layering also doubles the resources in the world.

Concurrent user cap on a non-layered server is 5,000. This is a fact, you can use a census addon after waiting in a queue on any Full server, add both factions together and it will total 5,000 give or take a few players, every single time.

This is more than Vanilla.

Yes, yes it is. How very astute of you.

And BL spawns are the same as Vanilla.

Yes, yes they are. How very astute of you, again!

Ergo, BL per capita is different than Vanilla, hence all the people asking for this to be corrected.

Why aren’t people asking for Copper ore veins to be corrected?

Because bots and mafias don’t have a monopoly on Copper Ore, or any other world resource.

If copper ore veins were on a 1 hour timer and only spawned at 12 pre-determined locations per zone than they would

1 Like

The only reason people are complaining about Black Lotus spawns is because of warcraftlogs.

Period.

Yes, dodge the two responses rooted in actual reality to keep parroting this statement.

You’re not rooted in reality, you’re rooted in laziness. You don’t want to farm up your Flask of the Titans anymore, you want them handed out like candy.

Every other resource is less available on Full pop servers compared to Vanilla. You don’t make a peep, because you only use the “Vanilla” reason as an excuse. You don’t care if things are “Vanilla” like, you just think it’s a good argument to get your cheap lotus.

But at least it’s still possible to farm them. If I’m farming Dreamfoil (which I farm 150 of every week to afford to raid) I have multiple options and nobody can monopolize it.

That’s why nobody complains about any other resource. Even Arcane Crystals are fine because if all else fails, there’s DM:E jump runs. Black Lotus is the only resource in the game that can be monopolized, and it is on basically every server. That’s why people complain.

4 Likes

I just realized you’re on a Vanilla pop server.

This joke just became a clownfiesta.

You want your server to have an increased amount of Black Lotus per capita compared to Vanilla.

Rofl.

I think having the static black lotus spawns the way they are made sense in Vanilla, to someone, but I still think it’s funny how the top-tier resource for Herbalism wasn’t just treated the same way as arcane crystals were for mining.

Also if someone could confirm for me, does this mean that on the realms they just added layering on are going to have more lotus spawns than the realms they aren’t going to layer? I don’t think I even hit 60 before layering was removed at launch but I seem to remember hearing about people layer-jumping and mass-farming them before that was changed.

I am on Grobbulus which according to ironforge.pro had 75 less unique players in the last 2 weeks than Benediction (which they are now going to layer). Our realm has been one of the closest to being 50/50 since Classic launched until we got a pretty sizable influx of Alliance transfers recently.

I don’t know how accurate that website is but I know that in my experience it feels like the previously even balance is now skewed heavily in Alliance favor on all raid entrances.

I’m not going to cry about pvp on a pvp realm but if this means my server basically missed the cut from being layered and effectively having double the lotus spawns then I would love to hear the justification behind it outside of us apparently being just under whatever threshold they used to decide which realms to layer.

And yeah, right now lotuses and the flasks they create aren’t required whatsoever but you are just being willfully ignorant if you think having the same amount of a resource available for 3-4 times as many players per server as Classic makes any kind of sense.

When you add to that the fact that so many more guilds are raiding now than there were in Classic and we are going to have insane price spikes when AQ and Naxx release and lotuses become a lot more crucial to clearing them.

This is what a lot of us interpret as entitlement although I sense you aren’t.

Want access? Pay the gold.

If I still had my stockpiles Id be selling like mad. Prices are going to stay down for a while now

on what server is it 50g? Someone made this claim earlier but when i checked their AH it was pure bs

The AH isn’t always representative of the price an item is actually selling for.

However, my statement was intentionally hyperbolic, and was not intended to be taken as actual news. I apologize if it came to you as false information.

Once laying came back, people started spamming trade chat with messages like: “WTB Black Lotus, 50g/each” but not “WTS Black Lotus, 50g/each.”

You arent the only one making that claim. Everyone that has made it has actually been full of crap though.