Black Lotus Supply/Demand is Untrue to Vanilla

You made an absolute statement, what a joke.

You’re the joke. You found the one person who managed to sell flasks at an inflated price very slowly. If you want me to edit my post because of that one guy, I’ll do it. But 100g was outrageous in Vanilla, and 100g in Classic is a steal. If anything, linking that post is an argument in my favor, not yours.

2 Likes

I hope nobody ever tells you to “break a leg”. I started raiding in aq and the most I paid for a flask was 70g. 100g was unheard of.

4 Likes

You could have just stopped here and saved everyone a lot of time. The next 20 paragraphs were entirely unneccessary

1 Like

Here, I made a TL;DR for this thread:

“Blizz my flasks are too expensive because everyone wants to get good parses on easy content. Please make the game easier than it already is by increasing the Black Lotus spawns.”

1 Like

Parsing is the last reason a main tank would be using a Flask.

1 Like

Never heard of a tank who flasks for better logs of all things. And coming from a paladin unironically.

1 Like

So many aspects of Classic are untrue to Vanilla.
Simply the number of sweaty shut-ins who ruin the experience for the majority is one of them.

But pertaining to Black lotuses specifically.
I dont believe Eagle Eye scouting was an effective tool as Eagle eye had a limited range and had to obey line of sight restrictions.

Im also suprised at the lack of awareness of people who have 11+ accounts and camp black lotus spawns with dead characters so they can instantly see when it pops.

Multiboxing was not a thing back in true vanilla, barely anyone would have the PC specs for it.

The method for attaining the ‘Lotus’ from TBC onwards was changed to being a low chance to come from all of the current content’s herb spawns and then removed completely for Cataclysm.

Agreed, and your first point is also my point. There were some really bizarre design choices for Classic in terms of the things they decided to make true to Vanilla (spell batching and purposefully recreating bugs), and the things they didn’t (server populations and layering). And the things they ended up changing actually had a really significant impact on the game, to the point where the overall experience is quite different.

Of course it was never going to be exactly the same, but the server populations thing really did ruin certain aspects of the game like the economy (as well as unmitigated botting).

I guess I’m just trying to put myself in the dev’s shoes and I’m asking myself why would they make such drastic changes to server sizes without also increasing the availability of world resources to compensate for it? It’s a weird case of adhering to #nochanges actually creates a different world than Vanilla, and which is more important? Adhering to the original mechanics of the game, which were in no way designed to support such big populations? Or adjusting resource availability to match Classic populations, which results in a world that feels much more like the original?

Not to mention, adding BL spawns to high level nodes ends the botting problem on the spot. Is it really worth it to hold that stubbornly to #nochanges in this case?

No changes dude. Go back to retail if you can’t hack it.

In the case of world resources, increasing server populations while at the same time adhering to #nochanges with spawn rates actually creates a different world from what Vanilla was.

Idk about other people, but I’m asking for the supply/demand ratio to match Vanilla, because it is currently way off with these inflated server pops.

Then what is also required is the same amount of time between phases just like vanilla.

That’s already not happening. There was much more time between phases to stock up on materials including lotus.

This isn’t Vanilla. It’s a faster paced emulated version.
You get what you’re given here, no more, no less.

Make the best with what you have. And lotus isn’t required for anything anyway

I’m 100% sure you’re right that it will never be changed. But it doesn’t mean I can’t point out what a silly effect these server pops have had on the game and the devs’ decisions to #nochanges some things but not others, leading to this amalgamation of a game we have now.

Also idk who is flagging you but if it was me, I’d be flagging posts you’ve specifically quoted me in, which none of those are flagged.

Well anyway, I’m a lotus farmer. I sell flasks to tanks for 60G. Everyone else pays 100-120. Even though the auction house has everything going for 150+

Without tanks, we get nowhere. They need more appreciation

the reason prices are high for lotus is because people are playing the economy very well. Guilds are increasing demand by farming black lotus and keep them off the market. Sell 1 at a time of the 100s they have so the amount they can charge increases. It is basic economics. A overflow of product usually makes prices drop dramatically because there is always someone who is willing to sell it for cheaper. Supply and demand. Cut off supply, increase demand.

Honestly by increasing the spawn rate will not change much. The people on my realm farm each spot almost 24/7. It would have minimal affect on their grasp of the economy.

1 Like

This is true ^

Time to just accept this isn’t ‘vanilla’. As you look out at every other warrior wielding hand of rag it will start to sink in.

it takes me 3 hours to farm the gold i need for a flask, not so bad. farm one each week to stockpile for naxx when healers need them

Yea but it would still be nice if the genius’ running this game would make herbs reflect the population. Instead of just sitting around making weapons glow more.

1 Like