Bikini armor

All the complaints about bikini armor is centered around a human point of view and is silly. Troll and orc ladies look perfectly appropriate in bikini armor, and in fact look kind of silly in full plate armor covering everything.

Also lady goblins in slutmogs. Those sexy lady goblins…

4 Likes

the thing is blizzard have some kind of weird standars this days, like covering sylvanas because her torso was unprotected but at the same time they keep rexxar almost naked and they give us daddy rastakhan wearing almost nothing but a crown, besides nobody should care about realistic armor in a fantasy game, from flaming shoulder pads to skimpy armor nothing makes any sense

5 Likes

Give us more skimpy please

1 Like

3 Likes

This in the redo…goblins would shoot up the race used charts.

That’s what annoys me. Illidan runs around shirtless for an entire expansion and nobody bats an eye, but Sylvanas has to cover up her belly button?

Alexstraza’s outfit is too skimpy, meanwhile Nozdormu is right next to her topless.

6 Likes

BC still had a fair amount of short shorts and revealing tops, just nothing really like the more widely used bikini armors from classic. There were a few bikini sets in BC though, they just usually had more armor to go along with them on the arms and legs.

I would love if blizz just made an entire patch towards the end of BFA that’s just updating the textures of older armors, especially the more used ones. Not change them, just adding more pixels to them. Ya know?

2 Likes

rastakhan wears even less than alexstrasza and she is a dragon with probably all kinds of natural armor, same thing with rexxar, you know sylvanas is an undead (probably more harder to “kill”) yet she needs more armor (more armor than all other warchiefs apparently) than rexxar who is only wearing a furry diaper, the issue is blizzard souble standards

The Illidari Robe looks kinda nice and only cost 1g to transmog :slight_smile:

Here’s what my female DH looks like:

Not much cleavage but still good looking imo.

WTB [Tel’Abim Banana Hammock], PST

bikini armor is stupid and shouldnt exists.
Is like “Strike me here, the armor has this choke point, cmon, kill me”

One more upvote for the bikini armor movement!

That’s the point. To taunt and distract your enemies. Why else would anyone run around half naked trying to kill other half naked people? Looks to ancient Rome

2 Likes

And then you realize it’s a full set of armor that’s just been transmogrified. :smirk:

They’re all about cLaSs fAnTaSy until one of the devs has to try to explain to his kid why a woman’s belly button is showing. That’s literally the reason why Sylvanas wears that brown thing now.

2 Likes

its sad to see something so normal as female skin became a sin, what kind of “progressive world” is this, now every bit seems to be considered indecent exposure by the new church people mobs

4 Likes

And yet, if one gives it some thought, it’s actually the most logical choice, given the nature of the universe our characters live in.

Full-body plate armor is an invention of our world’s reality, as an answer to bladed weapons. It was bulky, heavy, and prohibitively expensive, to the point that only the richest of knights and soldiers could afford it…and even it was eventually rendered ineffectual by the subsequent invention of crossbows and firearms.

Full-body armor in a fantasy world of magic would be even more limited in functionality. A tough, full plate suit of armor would be nearly useless, given the foes our characters face. Thirty foot tall sea giants with pickup-truck sized mallets would squish you like a tin can of beets under a sledgehammer, and fifty foot long dragons with breath weapons hot enough to make the stone beneath your feet flow like water would cook you inside that useless shell.

Given that reality, the only thing that really protects us is magic…with a little help from being agile enough to dodge some of it. This being the case, the only real purpose armor serves is an anchor on which to place enchantments. Unless one can somehow argue that the more massive the armor, the stronger the enchantment…which isn’t such a great argument…then the very opposite is true.

The less bulk and weight you have to carry, the more agile you are. Thus, the reason for bikini armor being the most logical choice.

5 Likes

Well I think they stopped making them because back in the day you had people who didn’t wanna wear that stuff yet had to because there were no transmog option at the time. Now with transmog I don’t see as big a deal with it. For those who want it, they can, those who don’t don’t have to.

2 Likes

Meh…I get fire-breath on by dragons all the time and I still live to tell the tale. I mean, I dont even catch on fire. Bikini armor or not, that dragon’s fire is not even injuring my body and I manage to solo kill the dragon each and every time!

I also, from time to time, equip a tiny shield and manage to block quite a lot of attacks with it.

Did you also know that my sword has an effective range of 5 yards!? Strangly, this Rogue’s dagger also have an effective range of 5 yards :thinking:

All this seems a bit unrealistic to me.

2 Likes

If I could get a male version of this that’d be greeeeaaaaaaat.

4 Likes