Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Because the design is awful. I´m quite sure a better design than something that resembles the beads one puts on a Christmas Tree can be achieved by the art team of Blizzard Inc.

They not only looked plain and painted over the model (downgrading the whole “jewerly” effect; I mean compare to the armbracers. Those at least look 3D, the beads? nope, deffinitely 2D), the artist literally put the over the models as if the model was a christmas tree… and the connotations a race that has to go into combat 24/7 according to the whishes of the Warchief (or the recent council) could decide to put on something so unpractical is apalling. Indeed jewerly done only to reinforce the bad joke about Belves being as smart as your average vapid Barbie and lacking “manliness” (ergo, a VERY toxic mysoginistic trope cause in this case the female attributes are portrayed as negative).

I´m aware I didn´t had to wear them, but then again, it´s almost a social service to denounce and oppose this kind of disrespectful tropes nowadays, man. There´s nothing wrong with feminine nor masculine traits, what´s wrong is to use them to sell a negative narrative.

She. I´m a female Brae XDXD.

Weren´t you one of the posters in favor of neutral Silvermoon?

Funny way to express your attachement to the race in that case.

2 Likes

Yes, and you are forgetting that BEs are HE with another name, I am passionate about Quel’thalas and all his children, BE, HE, VE, half-elf, all those in whom runs the blood of the elf of the glorious Quel’thalas have a place in my heart.

The horde and the Alliance are only means to an end, the survival and reconstruction of our glorious true nation and homeland, long live Quel’thalas and his children.

If you feel brotherhood for the dirty orcs I think you have spent too much time with them.

My apologies lol.

i was neutral suramar. a city for elves with quarters/sections for each elven race and we could hop a swanboat and visit each others quarters. suramar so pretty

2 Likes

Oh, no!! No need to apologize, Brae.

Frankly, I thought you were aware -it´s not the first time I´ve mentioned I´m female in this place-.

Opposite feelings from my end dude, I have zero interest nor much less empathy for the idiots that fell for Arthas´ feint thanks to the massive ego they liked to nurse (WC2 Helves) and their lack of care for their own people´s plight afterwards (WoW Helves). And the less we talk about the errr… “not brilliant” ones that chose to follow in questionable stuff just because teenage rebellious feelings (Velves), the better.

We´ll have to agree to disagree, cause yes, I do appreciate waaaay more the Orcs & Co. than the not self aware at all parasites (Helves) or the rebellious morons (Velves).

No wonder you like that jewerly. Indeed no actual investment apart from cosmetic appearance.

1 Like

ahem. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I´m sorry gal, but the narrative on that intro scenario is not “bad”, it´s downright perverse.

Who believed an scenario in which the incoming racial leader -who is trying to sell the race to the player- ends up admitting that his “villain” (Rommath is coded as the “villain” on the Velf intro scenario) was ultimately right was a good idea? Worse, an scenario in which the aforementioned character mentions they “did everything for the goodness of their country cause they care the most”… just to end up killing Belves 5 min later as if their former people were nothing.

Heck, I haven´t realized it before, but Umbric was expelled from Silvermoon -but him and his band of merry researchers were chilling aorund in the Ghostlands, so…? were they expelled from accesing the city OR the kingdom?

Suramar makes tons more sense if only cause the only reason the NB rolled Horde was because the Alliance wasn´t interested and Tyrande was -understandably- not ok with them joining. Silvermoon is absurd cause the other two “thalassian factions” have literally wagged war against the Belves.

1 Like

i have an old lady crush on lor’themar. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Don´t we all?

The guy is a pushover softie deep inside. Even Thalyssra needed the help of his faithful wingmen to get her desired boyfriend.

And she´s cougar material (weren´t cougars like the ultimate male sexual fantasy?)

lol i dunno. i just like the voice actor and writer for lor’themar. i use to carry a little sign “vote lor’themar for horde leader” haha, he always seemed practical and wise, as far as wow chars were allowed to be

Gideon Emery is quite the popular voice actor indeed.

Sadly, IF the Warchief job comes back I doubt the devs would consider Lor´themar for the job regardless on him being the most veteran racial leader left nowadays apart from Thrall. Too many players still salty over Quel´thalas rolling Horde in BOTH sides of the playerbase (why people never tries to understand the details on the stories I´ll never get… narratively speaking, the Belves rolling Horde made perfect sense. They only don´t “make sense” when we just consider the aesthetical contrast.

With all the -wokeism- around here, I’m surprised that people still get away with that crap.

i have a hard time with it, because: 1) if not going to other allies because a small group of the lordaeron dudes are bonkers, why go to horde where every race in it, has taken turns trying to genocide the elves, 2) the nelfs befriended them and together they cut a swath thru plaguelands/ghostlands in the rts, now we’re told the nelfs just did that to spy on them lol its just silly.

Please, that crap was basically promoted by He-who-shall-not-be-named.

The devs themselves werte only too happy to reinforce the stereotype until it stopped being “funny”.

How easy this is to believe depends on the level of analysis one puts on the narrative. The “Orcs” are indeed the same ones that tried to kill them, who the WC2 Helves persecuted into their own broken world even. However, by the time the zombie apocalypse happened, there´s a whole new generation of Orcs who were born in captivity and are indeed innocent of the sins of their parents, also up until WoD happened, it was canon lore the fact that Orcs weren´t warmongering machines but pretty much chill if rugged dudes / dudettes who basically degenerated into genocidal maniacs thanks to both the Bloodlust caused by Mannoroth´s blood and the machinations of a psychopath (Gul´Dan).

The Trolls aren´t even the same tribe, the Darkspear lived in the exact extreme geographical opposite of the Belves, ergo hard to justify any “ancient” conflict here.

The Forsaken weren´t authomatically accepted, Sylvanas had to prove her worth in the Sunwell Comics (you know, before the “Bros” in charge of the game decided that making an abuse victim the poster child for “abused becomes abused” trope was a good idea).

At last: the Belves themselves. These people couldn´t stay with the same mentality after literally watching 90% of them die in quite gruesome and traumatic circumstances. And this is my favorite part, cause I´ve always interpreted that willingness to accept help that comes from former enemies as a massive humbling of the Belf race.

Btw, regarding the Nelves? Only Kael´thas and Tyrande interact in Lordaeron, but no real interaction between the races apart from a minor collaboration between the leaders that went nowhere (also, Maiev was a jerk on that same scenario so you have this too).

3 Likes

Yeah to be honest, I didn’t like the body jewelry design myself. If we had signs of getting scars/tattoos, I’d be a little less “hard pass” on it, though I personally wouldn’t ever use it for my characters. Not my thing. Jewelry can be great, and I really like it, but more of an unobtrusive style in my opinions.

Plus, I really do strongly feel that jewelry should be transmog, not barber shop customization.

4 Likes

If anything we need to chill on the jewelry and vouch for more meaningful options. I’m not saying not to ask, I’m just saying that Blood Elves need less ornamentation and more physical distinction.

10 Likes

Yeah agreed, for those who strictly want to focus on blood elf identity, I’m thinking some good ideas would be some phoeonix tattoos or scarification, scars in general, ripped ears, and tattoos seen on the blood elf male in BC. Something that makes them look fierce. I’m tired, personally, of the ‘does nothing barbie’ stereotype and being shoved into that with all players who think blood elves are ‘worthless barbie dolls’. I really like the idea of being aesthetically pleasing, but can also rip you to shreds. Alas, I’ll never see lady-abs on female blood elves. But I can dream.

8 Likes

farstrider tattoos for blood elves who really want to lean into that aesthetic and represent a woody farstrider

Imgur

Imgur

they would look weird on magister types but they could always be restricted to class like demon hunters

2 Likes

That’s why we need San’layn customizations, red eyes, etc. I really hope Blizzard will listen and give us stuff like we deserve that also won’t be shared after the fact.

6 Likes

You know, some people are really hard-pushing this ‘light’ customization for blood elves, which I personally (AGAIN PERSONAL OPINION - IT IS OKAY IF YOU WANT IT, I SIMPLY DISAGREE AND DO NOT, KEEP ASKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT REGARDLESS OF MY OPINION) do not like at all and would not use.

It’s always ‘light magic’ but why not fire? Blood Elves have been represented by the phoneix, after all. Why not a fire-glow to their hair, fire-leaning customization, phoenix-ideology in general? I just feel it’d be more interesting (again, personally) than the ‘light’ thing people push since that’s already taken by Lightforged Draenei and the whole ‘light are pure, perfect, and can do no wrong’ thing is incredibly annoying. A theme I really am not a fan of for blood elves.

Edit: And before someone says “But Falls those are the same thing”, no, they’re not. It’s kindle, flames on a dark night, the rage of fire versus ‘glowy light tentacles’ and ‘light runes’. If you REALLY want to get down to the colors, it’s fire as red & orange versus light as yellow and white. (in terms of potential rune shapes and glow colors.)

12 Likes