Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I don’t think Blood Elves should get options because of Void Elves. I think Blood Elves should get options because they want them, and because they’ve been asking for the Dark Ranger options for years. Long before this customization craze began or Void Elves were even a glint in Ion’s eye.

That’s not to say I don’t think other races shouldn’t get options too. Tauren should have an actual hair color option and not have have their mane’s color tied to their skin color for example.

But the original customization pass for Blood Elves was lack luster IMO, and the fact that the Dark Ranger options weren’t included then felt like such an oversight and missed opportunity for Blizzard to earn some kudos. Especially given how easy it would be to implement.

16 Likes

That’s exactly why I’m like ‘maybe we should just wait’ because if we demand something immediate they’ll say ‘alright here you go’ and then just not bother with anything more elaborate. You could get Dark Ranger look and then nothing else like a kind of ‘Exact words’ kind of scenario.

I mean if you’re gonna ask for customization you might as well ask them to do due diligence and really work at adding something unique beyond just flipping a switch for blood elves.

No, the outfit. I want to look like one.

Easy dude, if living near a Fel Crystal was good enough to get my Belf toon her green eyes, then working and living for years -as of current canon lore- near an Animus Golem should let her develop red eyes, period.

5 Likes

It doesn’t have to “work”. It’s an RP Tool. It gives the player the power to choose their story.

As far as the game lore is concerned, outside of Alleria, there are no Void Elves with natural skin and hair colors, even if players have the option to use such. Sure the lore can change in the future, but right now, the Void Elf High Elf Options don’t “work” beyond our headcanon.

If we can use Alleria to justify High Elf customization for Void Elves, why can’t we use Velonara to justify Dark Ranger options for Blood Elves?

5 Likes

My man, Avarie literally just asked them like: ¿you guys interested in putting something for the Belves this time like you did for Velves on the Belf pass?.. and Linx answer was “we´re just looking at AR right now, will take your feedback to the devs”. And that basically is unacceptable BS, cause we Hordies had to accept time that could had been used to create those unique features to be employed in the underwear for the normal skin implementation on the Velf model. So sorry, but if that was “fair customer treatment” then the devs can and SHOULD take a minute of their freaking time activating the red eyes + white skin for us in 9.1.5, period.

If the Helfers taught us all something, is that one has to make noise to get listened to, cause I can guarantee you that if we stay quiet, the devs will do nothing excusing themselves in the “the core pass was already done BS”.

6 Likes

It might be because of faction imbalance as well. Alliance is hurting bad for numbers, and giving more reason for people to play alliance is probably just a bandaid on the a bullet hole.

Ain’t that the truth!

1 Like

They refused to give the Alliance High Elves for years because there wasn’t enough of them and created a New Race to justify giving Alliance “High Elves” , as Long as Alleria remain Blonde with void powers Void Elves with natural skin will be posible.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not against Dark ranger skins that would be amazing, but this is Blizzard we are talking about lol and like I said, for me it’s really suspicious that there is a Blood and Night Elf Dark Ranger un used skin.

Well now that my High Elf crusade is over I can direct my voice more fully to the Dark Ranger cause! :stuck_out_tongue:

If nothing else, there are people in this topic who can vouch for my tenacity and persistence. I have experience in single-mindedly pursuing a singular goal through walls of opposition.

Then the devs are literal idiots, cause apart from RPers, nobody will transfer entire guilds on Alliance for a game model they already can use on Horde, simple as that.

My point is NOT even about the customizations per se, is about Blizzard respecting us as customers too. And sorry but I don´t feel valued nor respected when they use the time “supposedly” designated to design my race for ANOTHER race and then refuse to do so for mine, period. The only message i get in that case is that my money for some reason values less than the money of the Velfers / Helfers.

And if my money is less valuable, then they shouldn´t get it, period.

10 Likes

I mean have you seen all the ripcord pulls lately in regards to ‘the devs are literal idiots’

Just saying their track record for this Xpac hasn’t proven anything to the contrary of that in light of all this backtracking.

Yup. Other reason is friends matter way more than customization. I’ve wanted to make the change to horde for awhile now for a bigger list of folks to play with but I don’t feel like leaving all my friends behind. It’s why faction imbalance is so impossible to fix, you gotta give an incentive so great that people are willing to abandon their current in-game social circle which is impossible without making it extremely unfair to the other faction.

2 Likes

At this point the factions being able to play together seems like the only viable solution. I know people are pro-and-anti Alliance and Horde being able to play together but it’s that or more constant bone throws to Alliance to incentivize people to play it more.

1 Like

never trust a lalafell

no, blood elves are not undead cannibals. it would be better to give that customization to the forsaken. can you imagine having undeads paladin?
blood elves have tattoos, beards, damaged ears, scars.

I feel like it’d be impossible because it’d have to use blood elf animations if it’s gonna use that look. It doesn’t make any sense for a forsaken to have blood elf animations and not just have it be an option for blood elf.

Sir Zeliek is an undead paladin so… :man_shrugging:

And it doesn’t matter if Blood Elves aren’t “undead cannibals” the Dark Ranger customization options are RP Tools and nothing more.

That’s not to say I don’t want tattoos, beards, more ear options, scars and more for Blood Elves. One thing does not preclude the other. These Dark Ranger customization options already exist and are used by NPC’s. I see no reason not to enable them for Blood Elf players to use for RP as they see fit.

11 Likes

san’layn have the night elf no blood elf model

npcs who are part of the forsaken society, are not part of the elves of quelthalas! did you see any dark ranger in quelthalas?