Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

This reads really harsh, Nico has always been really nice as well as genuine about his requests for Nightborne, Blood Elves and Void Elves, I don’t think he deserves the type of tone you are giving and I say that as someone like really likes you and really likes him.

6 Likes

I don’t think Ariel meant it as a personal attack on me. I tend to <3 many of their posts because I agree with a lot of what they have to say.

I also understand how they feel when someone starts trolling and acting poorly on the side I was also making requests on. It’s frustrating and makes it easy to lump everyone into one box.

My Blood Elf and Nightborne requests are genuine though, and I appreciate that you recognize that. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It is obvious Nico that you can´t control the behaviour of others. But as I told you, their “bad behaviour” unfortunately reflects on you guys as a community. Certainly not on you as an individual (I did vouch for you and Fen in my conversation to Zandrae, didn´t I?).

The silence regarding what we all know is nothing but a troll petition done on bad faith (they only became a thing after our spats in Lore thread became harsher) hurts cause I´m not sure that, apart of your two, anyone from that group won´t go help their “friends” out of mere sense of obligation. Sometimes to say “no” is necessary too.

Not an accusation on him per se (I´m aware Nico is “one of the sane ones” as I put it).

But sorry, the fact no Helfer has gone to that thread to say something as tame as “hey guys, this tone is not nice, let the Belves keep their Horde stuff” to the literal baiting put on that thread doesn´t improve the personal concept I have over that community, simple as that Moon.

3 Likes

Here’s the thing for me.

I can’t oppose anyone’s requests, no matter how ridiculous or outlandish they may be, because that would make my a hypocrite in my eyes.

There was a lot of opposition to my customization wants. I can’t, in good conscience, be the opposition for customization that someone else wants, even if it’s a request intended purely to troll.

All I can do in those cases is not offer my support. No likes. No bumps. No posts in support of them. I let those posts fall by the wayside to get lost in obscurity, and hope that others do the same.

I put my support towards the options I want, and options I see others want that I have no qualms with. And while I don’t post negatively towards those asking for Blood Elf hairstyles for Void Elves, I have replied to such stating that I’d prefer any new hairstyles for Void Elves come from anywhere else.

10 Likes

Fair enough, I just would prefer you and everyone else direct your anger at who it actually belongs on rather than someone it has nothing to do with, kind like I do which I admit I’m not always the nicest person but that’s what makes me, me. :wink: :wink: :wink:

4 Likes

The problem is that dark rangers are dead Blood Elves, so not sure how will that work.

I think we all have our “moments of less than nice”. I know I certainly have, and I’m self-aware enough to admit that.

I’m hoping that going forward I have the opportunity to put my voice towards helping others get options they want (that I also want or at least support).

And don’t think, the instant they start poking Blood Elves with customization that I won’t suggest some pink hair my dear :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

It’s simple. If Void Elves can be given High Elf customization as “RP Tools”, then why can’t Blood Elves have Dark Ranger customization as “RP Tools” too?

My racial tag is always going to say Void Elf regardless of what customization I use, just as a Blood Elf using Dark Ranger customization will still be tagged as a Blood Elf.

4 Likes

Please Moon, as if those a-holes would post their hypocritical faces in here.

Better yet they don´t tbqh, we don´t need the taunting and toxicity in here.

Fair enough, I did see you posting there why not these asets for the Belf model in there -I think-.

Would you be a dear in posting you would rather see those things implemented in this pass, considering they already exist? It´s fair after all, time from the Belf customization was delegated for Velf / Helf stuff, so time from yours should help us a little too.

3 Likes

Her time with the farstriders saw her with the design I linked above… and it would change color depending on what army she was with.

Recently feel like giving the Blood Elves the WCII style of Farstrider Tattoos is a good move.

Meanwhile the High Elf folk are not going to not request Alleria’s version. So might as well let them have that type of Farstrider tattoos while blood elves take the more accurate to the lore ones.

I do wish Blizzard would go through and give green eyes to the High Elves in Outland at Allerian Stronghold and such other places.

Even one of their members goes out of their way to say they’re not a blood elf. Why would they do that if their eyes were blue?

Do Helf pros even want green eyes? They seem generally to see that as a Belf thing.

Eh, I personally think most wouldn’t give any trouble for things like highlights or streaks or what have you.

Its a valid point to make I think.

Even if they add just a few minor things to tide belf’s over. It would help and be appreciated.

Red and orange eyes!

I know this will be more or less moot, but Ariel is about as pro belf as they get… save maybe you.

They’re definitely not a high elf pro.

Complain at Blizzard for changing her tattoos then. At least dividing them up gives some differentiation.

At this point I’m just holding out hope for later. I don’t expect anything anytime soon with Void options…

Even the tentacle toggle they announced likely won’t have the option to add tentacles to the hairstyles that don’t have them.

I do have hope though.

Not a bad plan at all…

Make some noise!

While many disagree on its implementation here… kinda yeah.

Something to show maybe they’ve a thought about Blood Elves.

Appreciate that. When you stand up for me and others trying to be respectful in this.

True. Theres been much debate on where Dark Rangers should go.

I think Nico just means its easy and something blizzard could do with “little effort”.

5 Likes

I already replied to Linxy requesting the Dark Ranger customization options for Blood Elves and even included a mockup. I also pointed out that these are already existing options that NPC’s use and could be enabled with the flip of a switch.

13 Likes

Yea, that’s why I request them for Blood Elves. They already use the Blood Elf model and the options already exist for the NPC’s.

Sure it would be cool if Forsaken got a model option to swap between their usual dead Human or dead Thalassian, but that’s asking Blizzard to do actual work. Asking them to flip a switch on some skin and eye options that already exist is a much easier and quicker ask.

7 Likes

It also stands to reason if Blood Elves are in the most immediate need of customization or if it’s just in response to the void elf additions.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Blood Elves should get more unique customizations, but I’m curious if Blood Elves aren’t in a better spot than other Horde races right now that might need more immediate adjustment. It’s triage at this point.

That said it’s also equally valid that the Horde player base is mostly Blood Elves, and since they are the bulk of the Horde, they should get priority simply due to sheer value of how many people you would please at once. I just feel like I worry other races will get passed over in favor of just blood elf response and it’ll be sloppier because of it, because they rush it out, rather than take the time to do it. Quality and uniqueness is more important to me at this point for blood elf customization than the speed to implement it but that’s just me.

Indeed, is just about fair treatment as far as customer service is concerned.

I mean this request is low hanging fruit indeed… they just have to “activate” the configuration, they don´t even have to “create it” cause it already exists ffs.

2 Likes

I get it the problem is that Void Elves control the void in them like Alleria and can remain in their original form and being empowered by the void now for Dark Rangers you need to die so idk how they are going to make it work. Now there is also Night Elves Dark Rangers… so I’m pretty sure at one point they are going to end up being a class and not a customization.

I’d sell an organ.

Probably another moot point, but the poster you are talking to said I wasn’t a “true” anti the other day. I think that these kinds of debates can make people confused and try to draw lines in the sand and it makes me frustrated to see.

I always really like Ariels points.

4 Likes

I know I shouldn’t have lol’d at this but I still did. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Why’d they even put the Dark Ranger hood in the game if they were gonna put in the rest?

Fr. This is the perfect update to do it, since that’s literally all they’re doing for VEs too. Just give the Blood Elves their damn DRs and San’layn already :joy:

3 Likes

I… don´t understand your phrase?

You implying the inclusion of the “hood” is a sign they are not gonna put on the DR customization options?