Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I’m not asking you to agree with you. As I said you consider exclusivity to be important. I don’t. That’s fair.

What I did point out as a dire negative of your outlook, and what is belittling, is your whole thing that because people that don’t care about exclusivity don’t really “get Blood Elves”, as if to making a “No True Scottsman” fallacy, because “No true Blood Elf fan would be happy with sharing assets.”

You posit yourself as some sort of eminence on the BE themes, as someone who “truly knows what Blood Elves are”. I don’t, I’m merely pointing out what is, and the best tools to make that playable.

Speculative. Specially considering that VE’s weren’t given any NEW assets besides eye colors. Everything else is reused BE stuff.

Also fun how you try to pit VE and HE fans against each other.

Yeah, I really don’t get that. To me more player choice is better, and I simply do not get the idea of exclusivity. I would prefer that every possible fantasy had its own assets, I would have preferred we had gotten Half Elves over HE’s, but the realities of development are evident, and between exclusivity and choice I will support choice.

And we didn’t get another High Elf race, we just got some reused BE assets on the VE model.

You say you want more variety of choice, but you only want variety on your terms, variety that is clearly segregated. You want your own immersion to matter more than other’s players choice.

But then you would be simply lying, because that’s not what I believe. I love Blood Elves, I want more stuff for them, but for some reason you can’t understand that you can love bote BE and HE.

You constantly try to make it a “if you are not with me you are against me” thing. You completely make up a posture that simply do not represents what I believe.

I want more customization for BE’s, specially markings and scars. I’d love to get the VE hairstyles on them. I’d love also some DR fantasy thrown in.

Neither of us is wrong or right by wanting what we want, but you are wrong on your assumptions of what I want. You gotta stop assuming everyone that disagrees with you secretly or not so secretly hates Blood Elves.

I think my point is pretty consistent: Player choice is what’s more important, decisions that lead to more player choice are better than those that do not.

Best case scenario would be that we all got exclusive assets and new models, but I understand why that is not feasible. So between no new race and reusing options from one race to another, I’m going to pick the later.

4 Likes

What you are pointing out is the direction that you and some others want to force on other people which isn’t okay because people can agree with you or not agree with you but trying to talk down to people or to force them to think or to feel like you is absurd because no one has to agree with you and as I already said a lot of people in this thread including myself won’t agree with you because we are tired of people like you trying to ruin our race.

4 Likes

But very probable. Are all the other players who don’t care about what you do going to put up with one AR and one AR only getting two fully fleshed out races worth of options? It’s much more pie in the sky to imagine that you’ll get everything you want and they’ll still give players who actually like void elves much of what they want than what I fear.

Enough HE fans have made it clear that they want to erase VEs, so don’t point that finger at me. And frankly any customization most likely takes a spot something else might have, it’s not pitting, it’s just reality when everything is hand made.

I don’t see this as more choice though, it’s options that are already there just copied, it has added nothing new.

And I don’t get the desire for duplicates when there’s so much to choose from.

And you don’t? I mean, we’re just here arguing mirror positions. What you want negates what I want and reverse.

Then do you get the point I was making?

Guess not.

5 Likes

This is exactly what happened, dude…

Don´t believe me? Go check the "EK Kingdoms travel guide… the Tailor Shop managed by the Warlock apparently got dismantled. Guess what was the reason for this?

No. ANY Felblood-esque customization would probably had to come either as an explanation of mutations thanks to Blood Magic manipulation / exposure OR from Illidari Elves (ergo, the DH group).

Excuse me Mr, but in comparison to Humans, Trolls, and Orcs, our eye color options are pitiful (no, the same tone of blue with 3 different luminous effect do NOT constitute “a different eye color” in itself. And red eyes can be explained as Blood Magic irradiation, so sorry not sorry, if there´s a chance to get the stuff with solid lore basis, Belves then should get those. Cause all the stuff you mention? Yeah dude, Helfers will jump to demand it for them as soon as it gets datamined.

No idea is bad as long as the reasoning behind it is good (and why do I insist SO much over this, you all may wonder? Cause half-ased lore is what gives the chance for potential villain batting in the Horde side of the story, ergo the most careful and inclusive we can be, the better.

I can respect this even If I personally can´t achieve this level of commitement (I have a higher level of commitement to the story, ergo… it feels the opposite for me. So much that no matter how “pretty” the blue/purple/golden eyes, I simply can´t use them cause the lore connotations / WoG associated with them -thanks, Ion :roll_eyes: -.

Well man, when you only came here basically to complain and create the same toxic environment you are used to foment in your threads, I think is pretty much logical to ask you to leave (after all WE don´t want nor need you guys “brand” of attention, tyvm).

If you´re gonna suggest something, then do so. Otherwise, take your controversy with you back into your own ubber toxic threads, yes? I know I won´t go back there cause there´s nothing relevant for me to do there. Blizz took their choice and we´ll have to accomodate, period.

Moon, stop feeding him. As a matter of fact:

People, please don´t feed him, kk? Tyvm.

Because ALL races have some modicum of exclusivity with their AR. And Belves shouldn´t get the short end of the stick simply because Helfers feel a compulsion about taking any Belf thing they want, period.

Sorry, but I don´t see Mag´har Orc fans nor Zanda troll fans nor DI Dwarf fans nor KT Humans nor Mechagnome fans nor Vulpera fans asking to get the same options as their “mother” race or GTFO. And Blizzard certainly never bothered with even entertaining this notion. And nothing bad happened. Heck, most NB fans want to get the NPC looks, NOT to become a clone of the Nelves (the people that ask to get the Nelf look clones ask so as some sort of consolation prize. But tell them to choose between looking like a Suramar NPC and a Nelf PC and I guarantee you most if not ALL of us will always pick option A),

So maybe consider that YOU (who decided for ALL of us that everything has to be shared or GTFO) may be the one with the dire negative outlook, yes? Cause people has all the right to disagree with your notions and you will have to accept this, period.

Just like you guys abhorred to have us tell you in your threads what to ask for, same principle applies here: so accept some of us want to keep some modicum of visual difference and move on. Cool if you disagree, I personally don´t care if you think it´s “bad”, objectively speaking this isn´t a thing.

9 Likes

I don’t see Moon saying anything like what you’re implying.
Maybe it’s time you just got over the fact that there are many of us who are not happy sharing our looks with an Alliance race.
Period.

4 Likes

They don’t need to do that lol. That is 2 different fantasies going against each other, one defending their’s from being destroyed by the other.

While more choices is better, some choices that can be made can hurt the theme of a race.

The point of exclusively in this game is to help identify the character you created as different from the others, specially from the side that is meant to be the enemy.

Which harms VE’s.

I disagree, player immersion is more important, then player choice. Without immersion players would not be interested in the choices involved.

7 Likes

I somehow doubt this is the minority of Blood Elves. Though perhaps the Nightborne will change this.

Sharing the same between more races is not “more choices”, quite the opposite is less

How so? Easy: one same aesthetical duplicates ot triplicates or quituplicates or whatever… which means one creative and artistic feature nominally counts for several; but as far as actual design is concerned, is still ONE. Ergo, the cheapest, laziest and less creative choice gets picked instead of more elaborated choices that inherently imply a more interactive choice by the customers (I mean ifthe looks are different, then I can´t take the lazy E-Z route of choosing the same damned haircut for ALL my toons; now I have to pick between exclusive selection… which means I have to think carefully what suits them best instead of cloning them).

He says he doesn´t understand “a dire negative outlook”… well, same here: can´t for the love of God understand the actual objectively speaking NEGATIVE perchant for asking third rate effort to be delivered by a million dollar company ffs. And pretending THIS negligent attitude doesn´t objetively speaking HURTS the game (newflash people: Quality is as good as the demands of the market. And if your customers are mediocre, then feel sure the products the company deliver WILL be mediocre too).

I mean people: for WoD´s launch, the devs had to update ALL the Vanilla races (with ALL the haircuts, colors, geometry, etc.), and they even managed to include the Draenei in the package. Belves were updated in 6.1.0, ergo a short time later in comparison. For this expac they basically delivered a fraction of that same work and… should we praise them for not even reaching their OWN FREAKING STANDARDS OF 7 YEARS AGO?!?

Give me a break.

Better yet: who said homogeneity is = player choice?

Cause as far as I´m concerned the fact I HAVE TO make the actual decission between one design and another for each race seems to me pretty much in line with PLAYER CHOICE. If everything looks the same then nothing is outstanding, and when nothing is outstanding our brains get bored and end up making NOP CHOICEs whatsoever.

This phrase makes no sense.

3 Likes

I’m sorry… I don’t understand what you were trying to say here… Can you reword it? Not trying to be a butt I’m seriously just not sure what you’re talking about…

1 Like

I made a small comment on a meme photo lol, that got Naughty’s attention so bad they had to go into a tirade and ‘ask me to leave’.

Mmmm, more cookies for the cookie monster yum yum :yum:

The irony.

1 Like

Turokan’s entire point is that you guys should understand Blizzard doesn’t agree with the outlook regarding exclusivity. He has nothing to get over since he’s not the one in charge of making those decisions.

I think you guys are the ones having trouble getting over the fact of Blizzard’s outlook and somehow are trying to pin it on specific players as if they’re the ones that made the changes Blizzard implemented.

1 Like

I’ve read his posts here just recently and in my view he’s making the discussion personal.
It’s one thing for us to discuss what we want it’s another thing to tell others how they should think about it.
I was responding to the way he made his post to Moon a personal attack on her.
I’m not surprised you totally ignored that Turokan did that.

3 Likes

blood elves are not cannibal undead, blood elves are constantly irradiated by light that kills undeads, and blood elves have paladins. undeath is not a blood elves theme, it is a forsaken theme.

dark rangers are not blood elves, dark rangers are forsaken, and dark rangers were never actually blood elves, they were high elves.

I support dark ranger as a forsaken customization or as a hero class. but I don’t want the lore, the aesthetics and the blood elves theme to be ruined by incorporating that it is not part of the blood elves.

I deeply love lore and what blood elves represent to see something like undeath ruin what blood elves are.
I would be very happy to have more arcane, light and farstrider customization

I think it’s more someone is taking it personal than him making it personal.

He’s essentially going, “hey your outlook is negative in the sense that’s not the direction Blizzard is going so if you keep it that way you’re more than likely to continue being disappointed.”

I have read his posts and I don’t see him urging someone to change their view, only his interpretation of where it’s likely to lead them.

It’s only natural for people to do that. If you see someone going towards a dead end, you’ll call out ‘there’s a dead end that way’. He’s saying he can’t understand those who go, ‘that’s all right Ima keep going that way.’

It’s not personal to make a statement from someone’s observation.

1 Like

Heck, Fen… don´t feed him (just sayin´)

Also her buddy the Priest forgot a little point in his argument: IN the case the devs deem to copy/paste hairstyles with the Velves, with the coming of the “Helf” looks on the Velf means those haircuts belong to the High elf base race, ergo they would had existed since forever in Belf society too and no apology is needed.

So you just came to criticize, suggest nothing constructive and foment a toxic environment by proxy of annoying regular partisans of this thread, yes? Cause what you said was objectively wrong from a design PoV.

Ergo, just what I said. Ty for proving my point.

ROFL

The actual irony here is you guys coming to annoy the Belf fans for the lols when you literally never stopped acting like victims in your threads for us daring to oppose your arguments, caloling us gatekeepers and all.

You didn´t even brought an correct argument,after all the new beard options for the male Belf model are different to the existing options for the Velf male.

Or wait, are you guys trying to claim “beards” on males as an “only Velf feature” to support your incorrect premise? Cause NOW that´s irony to the trillion potency!!

Turokan´s point is ridiculously wrong considering Kul´tiran Humans do NOT look like clones of the regular Humans, Zandalari Trolls do NOT look like clones of regular Darkspear Trolls, Dark Iron Dwarves do NOT look like clones of Bronzebeard Dwarves, Nightborne Elves do NOT look like clones of Night elves, Highmountain Tauren do NOT look like clones of Bloddhoof Tauren, Mag´har Orcs do NOT look like clones of regular Orcs, Mechagnomes do NOT look like clones of regular Gnomes and the less I mention the Vulpera, the better for you.

Basically the only two races that suffer from cloning issue are the Lightforged Draenei (and that´s pushing it, after all those too are NOT clones of regular Dranenei) and coming 9.1.5, the Velves. Funny how apparently “sharing EVERYTHING” is, contrary to what your buddy believes, NOT the actual stance deployed by Blizzard Entertainment.

He has to get over himself, cause while in tyour echo chambers is celebrated to mantain only one “correct policy or GTFO”, we here have no issues with people keeping different levels of leniency regarding the “I want exclusive features for my model” issue. YOU guys do.

Simply put it, if this is too much for your sensibilities, then don´t bothercoming onto this thread, cause frankly you guys don´t suggest anything constructive for the Belf model and are nothing but bait for toxicity.

Sure dear, that´s why all the races sans your fav are NOT actually an ode to cloning between AR and parent race, right?

5 Likes

I want red eyes and San’layn customization. I can hear the Void Elves crying.

3 Likes

Of course they cry, after all it would be the ONLY customization aesthetic they wouldn´t be able to poach and demand for their fav pet race.

I do NOT like the features explaines as San´layn / DR only (I´d like more an explanation based upon mutations for current Blood Magic practicioning), but deffinitely the aesthetics we can get from these aesthetics (like red / black eyes, different types of wings, fangs, etc.) I wouldn´t mind (I would ujust want an alternative explanation bigger than “zombie elf” to be able to use them on my pretty much living elves).

1 Like

You understand that we are irradiated by the light all the time that it kills the undeads. that undeath is thematic forsaken and is not thematic blood elf. blood elves are not cannibal zombies.
san’layn as an allied race is a better idea. We should have arcane, lightforged and farstrider customization that respects the aesthetics and lore of the blood elf

If you find it toxic there is a report button. Someone else commented about keebler elves and there’s been many an off topic posts in big threads like this one.

No they aren’t they have a shared mustache+goatee one, i Haven’t looked closely at the others. Besides, before those were received there was a lot of requests for receiving male void elf beards on male blood elves, looks like you got some + entirely new ones VEs don’t.

Really? Cuz I still see the same few individuals malding over the recent developments and commenting that VE are now ruined/BE no longer have nothing unique.

Ironic considering I’ve been told to leave a couple times now for simply posting.

I’m not the one malding over someone making a small comment on a meme pic and telling people to leave a thread :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

farstrider
-i.imgur.com/sT8J0vu.jpg

4 Likes