Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Since we cannot give them void skin tones, I’d not mind if they get the hair styles.

The idea of him apologizing was if they’d give Void Elf traits to the Blood Elves, because the only reason they don’t have them is that. But that was talking in a figurative sense, I think nobody would care if Lorthemar apologizes or not, lmao.

1 Like

Few friends of mine know troll lore like the back of their hands, some of it rubbed off on me.

Trolls are amazing and I’ve been interested in Forest Trolls since WC2.

I’d like if any new race had both a quest chain to introduce it to those who might not know of them, as well as an effective recruitment scenario to show them joining whatever side.

I prefer them be AR’s myself rather than customizations for the racials, heritage armor tabard and mount, classes and more variability in look.

I can understand just wanting them as customization though. They’ll need a body slider for thick bodies though.

Appreciate that.

Speaking of I’ll toss my list back up.

5 Likes

Ah I see.

I misunderstood your post. Though my thoughts remain.

I’m not a fan of giving blood elves the voidy parts of void elves, but things like hairstyles and beards? Why not?

I do want blood elves to get something major next time blizzard works on them. Right now blood elves don’t feel great at least not to me.

4 Likes

Although I really love all the Void Elf hairstyles I’m not sure I’d want them for Blood Elves. Seems like just another way to homogenize both factions again. Blood Elves have quite a variety of hairstyles but it wouldn’t hurt if they added more but something different, imo.

5 Likes

I do think Blood Elves should get other things too. But not because the Void Elves get things. The Blood Elves are not the equivalent to the Void Elves, it’s really the Nightborne if you think about it. Allied Race, Void Elves being Horde model to Alliance and Nightborne being Alliance model to the Horde.

The Nightborne should get NE (or original) customizaton as much as Void Elves are getting if by equality we go, not the Blood Elves.

But yes, I’m always up for more customization, as customization lasts “forever”.

1 Like

I have said this in more than one post already but they don’t even want their own void based customizations they want our customizations so why would we want them. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m up for all the ideas that will give us something to differentiate us from void elves.

6 Likes

Entirely understandable.

I’ve no issue either way myself. I do want blood elves to get plenty of things. Few are related to void elves.

I’d hope folk in this thread generally have this view. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can see that logic.

Works for me. I main a night elf.

cries

Some of us do want the void options!

While I’d be fine if void elf hairstyles and beards were transferred I think that’s where I’d stop and I want to see blood elves get their own things much more.

4 Likes

I would like to see a tiny option for blood elves… like Gnome sized. I would call mine Keebler.

:cookie:

3 Likes

Considering there’s very few people that actually want or ask for void based options it seems less and less likely that it will be something they actually put time and effort into especially after making Void Elves originally and having everything about them ruined and changed to normal.

I’d rather not get anything from Void Elves and just get our own unique stuff for just us, I’m tired of sharing stuff with Void Elves because they aren’t Blood Elves.

5 Likes

Personally I put it like this.

I’d love Void Elves on the Horde, but I totally get why they can’t be allowed into Quel’danas. Doesn’t mean that they couldn’t exist in every other Horde territory (I mean Suramar? Oh)

But regardless of that, I think in terms of assets, Blood Elves should totally get the Detendriled VE hair styles.

Also as a whole, Elves should get tattoos, and it would be really easier if they were all done in batch with different themes (Void, Nature, Arcane, Light) and colors and then given to both groups, with Void and Light being exclusive to VE and BE respectively.

1 Like

But you also have to understand that a lot of people like Void and Blood elves and want more stuff to be shared between them. It’s simply about allowing more choice to all players. The whole High Elf debate has made evident that some people prefer the idea of exclusivity over the real possibility of more options.

Which I just simply can’t understand.

2 Likes

Except the ones that want void options.

Speaking of not understanding, I seriously do not understand what is so important about something that has been playable for so long. The game has its own story, go with it, the race has moved on to something that doesn’t suit you, it happens.

5 Likes

Which I also want. Which I have spent time conceptualizing myself. You gotta stop assuming that because something doesn’t agrees with you on something they are completely against other things you want.

I see that even after all these years, you still don’t understand why people like the Alliance High Elf fantasy.

High Elves are a part of the alliance, people would like that fantasy to be playable.

Dark Rangers are part of the horde, people would like that fantasy to be playable.

It’s really not hard to understand, people want more choices, people want to be able to experiment things that exist within the lore.

And regardless of that, even if VE’s don’t get given any more BE assets, I’d still like for the BE model to get DR options, and to get VE assets.

If your point is to remain trying to uphold an empty sense of exclusivity instead of real, tangible choice, by all means. I will still believe it’s a negative pursuit.

3 Likes

It’s as simple as some people like both because of what they are not what people like you are trying to make them into, I like this character because it’s a Blood Elf but I also like my Void Elf, I don’t want them to be the same, I like them for different reasons so just because you want that or others want that doesn’t mean everyone does and we shouldn’t have to. Period.

5 Likes

You’ve got to stop ignoring that in all probability all this high elf customization is most likely going to cost potential void customization as there is only so many options they’ll give an AR.

I get that you like it.

But like you not understanding people preferring that each race be allowed to be unique and bring it’s own flavor to the game, I do not get the great drive to play something that is already in game.

Is it that hard to understand that people want more variety of choices, not just some asian mmo style mess with a ton of options that are all minor variations on the same theme?

We have a high elf race, I really don’t get this great need for another high elf race. I understand you want it, but like you don’t get where I’m coming from, I don’t get you.

Well yeah, when you twist it into a negative phrase of course it sounds bad.

Like if I were to say you just can’t get past tolkien tropes and you can’t deal with the fact that in this story the high elves hang out with the orcs and trolls so you need to waste developer time in copying over something since you can’t deal with stories not being bland and generic.

We just have different tastes, neither of us are wrong or right, stop trying to go there.

6 Likes

Sad thing about this though is this fantasy can still be acquired indirectly by half elves with a unique model, there really is no need to take the blood elf appearance full on with that. People is too tunnel vision on the model and ignoring the actual HE fantasy trying to push it onto void elves, despite void elves not really sharing the same fantasy.

Is that tone of “I know better, I know what BE’s are” what gets me. That overprotective reaction of what they should be and that the people that don’t agree with you must be wrong.

I’m not trying to make the BE’s into anything they are not. Dark Rangers already exist in the lore, the BE model is simply the closest way to represent them, as the VE model is for HE on the alliance, as the Darkspear Troll model is for Farraki.

The whole “I don’t want them to be the same” is so funny. What you don’t want is other players to look like you. And that is what this whole conversation boils down to. To me, more player choice will always be more important, and you don’t have to belittle the people that don’t agree with you as if they don’t “understand” what Blood Elves are.

You have to understand that you don’t love, or get Blood Elves more because you think faction exclusivity is more important than player choice. I’m not making that judgement of you.

Considering that I supported Half Elves as a better option than AR High Elves, I agree. I was on the camp that the model wasn’t the important bit, but the fantasy. I even did concepts that used something between the human and be model.

So don’t do that thing where you assume others opinions. I would have been as happy if not more if Half Elves had been made playable, but I won’t deny than sharing assets is more efficient, and that simply giving players more options is better all around. Also, exclusivity is something I do not care about.

3 Likes

The whole you try to make it seem like everyone is bad because they don’t agree with you is just sad like really if you are going to reply to me stop or I’ll just end up ignoring and blocking you because I don’t feel sorry for you or agree with you.

5 Likes

I don’t assume but being ok with

Doesn’t help your arguement, Though.

1 Like