Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

It’s not a Blood Elf color, at all. It has no business on Blood Elves at all. It’s especially not a Blood Knight color and it clashes with the Blood Knight palette. The absolutely hideous blue gems are basically an insult. Dare I say, a slap in the face.

Insert obligatory shots comment in response to the slap in the face comment.

Someone on the art team was probably using f.lux and couldn’t tell blue from green.

It’s a shame we aren’t allowed to modify texture files in game ourselves. I’d fix it on my end so I don’t have to see it anymore. But no. Can’t do that.

2 Likes

While I agree I don’t want the Blood Elves solely associated with the Light themes since they’re more than just that, I do feel like in this case since the armor is for Blood Knights and they’re associated with the Light (Whether its being drawn or through faith) I’d really rather this armor had been given golden gems to match better with what its representing.

4 Likes

It was given because it fit with the timing in the story, this was stated my Steve Danuser for why it took as long as it did. And the reason it was given to Void Elves was because they are the same race/species with the same opportunities as Blood Elves and Night Elves in becoming raised as Darkfallen by Sylvanas during the Fourth War and the added justification that Horde Blood Elf Darkfallen are included in the transitioning from Horde to Alliance and thus welcoming in by the Void Elves.

1 Like

I was not thank you very much.

I mean, is this the true reason what this thread is for? To continue the bashing between groups of people over “Blood Elf this” or “High Elf that”? I agree, the Dark Ranger makes no sense for the Void Elves, but I am not the one here using the forums or let alone, this thread to try and gatekeep on other users request or discussion of what someone else has received.

1 Like

Still waiting on my runic scarification.

Will continue to pointedly wait at varying “volume” levels.

2 Likes

Still waiting for a lot of things for blood elves.

Warpaint/tattoos, scars, scarification, more eye colors for all blood elves rather than being locked in to a specific skintone, damaged ears, ear options, heterochromia options for all eye colors and both sides, blind options for all colors and both sides, more hairstyles and colors, some more broader skintone ranges, eyebrow options, beard and mustache options, more faces, jewelry opened up for males too and bringing back the ones they made but didn’t release, hair jewelry removed from being part of hair and made its own thing, underwear color options, makeup options for both male and female and body options.

Then of course it’d be nice if the Dark Ranger options were expanded and not stuck on one skin tone, adding in the San’layn that joined in bfa and some Felblood options.

Plenty of things folk have been requesting in this thread and others.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t mind scars, decent beard customization like Nelfs got and maybe more faces that don’t have the damned smug duck lips.

6 Likes

Won’t lie this is something I really want as well…

4 Likes

these hairstyles are not mine but I would love them for my Blood Elves.

14 Likes

thats just objectively not true

in sunfury spire where lorthemar holds court in silvermoon, they have a blue back drop smack in the center

as well as haldurons armor being BLUE and he probably would have blue farstrider tats like alleria as well if they wanted to give him a unique model

even in dalaran, what do we see in the high/blood elf district? that exact same blue back drop

blood knights were already using blue gems anyway. that the player heritage model refelcts that makes sense

if you want to say they are leaning away from blue i can see that, but its still a part of their heritage and is all but gone

3 Likes

I love these so much!

2 Likes

I think golden gems would be nice for purely aesthetic reasons. The Blood Knight colours are black, red and gold. Blue gems are kind of random and are too different from the rest of the scheme imo.

I still like the blue gems. However I do believe that the armor could of used some gold accents. Something to break up all the red and black?

I don’t dislike the blue gems enough to not use the mog, but it really just doesn’t fit what we’ve seen of Blood Knight uniforms in the past, which exclusively use black, red and gold with maybe a bit of green because they’re blood elves:

4 Likes

I’d have preferred gold stones, but it also doesn’t prevent me from using the mog on my Pally. I just wish we had gotten a matching weapons or they’d start working on heritage weapons and finish the remaining heritage armors.

1 Like

I’d take more color options all around for gems, jewelry. Give us all colors.

3 Likes

Can you please link the twitter post about this? I hate navigating through this social hub.

It was in a Twitter Space.
I’ll see if I can find it, assuming it was recorded.

It does make more sense because Blood Elves are a different High Elves who have taken more of a Roman Culture mixed with Arab and the themes of the Sun pretty much. Plus Yellow and Green makes more sense than Blue.

I want Blood Gnomes! Coming from Tinkermoon betrayed by their leader Prince Sicco Thermaplugg. Their home destroyed and overrun by leper gnomes they became Sin’dognomes seeking retribution against those who laugh at their silly inventions.