Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I wonder how plausible those are to make in game. I reckon I should open up Maya or Blender and give it a try.

4 Likes

I suspect they can do some degree of rainbow but there’s no way the engine can handle anything near the level of granularity for some of those

Well how it works is that there is a texture and the UV islands are lain out on the UV image which is then applied to the mesh.

Wow has some funky stuff going on with textures, such as the hair islands being split into several pieces and layered on the hair texture in a zig zag sandwich sort of way making it basically impossible to get an ombre effect on some hairstyles without rearranging the UV islands.

The only way to know for sure is to actually load up a model in Maya or Blender, alter a texture, and load the texture on the hair.

3 Likes

Just finished adding the coat to my heritage colours mockup:
https://i.imgur.com/dcZLHKR.png

7 Likes

By Somand

The heritage armor we deserved.

7 Likes

How lovely.

5 Likes

Hopefully we hear more about what’s coming soon, and hopefully its stuff for core races that are lacking or ARs that haven’t already had a pass let alone two

3 Likes

All I know of Blender is stuff like Fennah. Here I’ll show you something on discord

2 Likes

Thought I’d update my belf list again.

Replaced Somand’s heritage armor with the new one, added some hairstyles and a bit about Somand’s light tattoo and “tentacle” mockup. Oh also the body jewelry that was removed before our first pass.

Blood Elf Customization List

Still a work in progress…

• Amber eyes, orange eyes, red eyes, pink eyes and black eyes. Also teals and between green and gold colors to represent our eyes shifting from green to blue or gold. (bonus if there is one for green to purple) Phoenix eyes as well.

• Heterochromia Eye Options

By Somand, Also features removable tiara.

By Somand, includes Dark ranger Red and Black eyes.

• Farstrider Warpaint

By Somand, Also includes scars, damaged ear and blind eye options.

• Runic/Arcane Tattoos

By Lance, Rommath tatts

• Henna Tattoos

• Pheonix or slightly fire/light based looking tattoos kinda like the Nightborne have going on.

By Ace

By Somand, Light Tattoos and Light “Tentacle” or Hair option. Also Ear Armor.

• More Hairstyles, including curly styles, longer styles (very long), braids, short “medieval” styles and many more. These should be for both genders.

By Lancelot

• Scars, body and head…

• Damaged ears

• Pink and burgundy hair…also a few more shades and colors of hair in general.

• Ability to remove the tiara (and other jewelry) from hairstyles.

• jewelry for both genders.

• makeup separate and for both genders.

• Removed Jewelry from initial pass.

By WoW

• Beards

• Eybrow Options

By Somand

• Fully encompassed blind options… Including half blind options that actually hits every color for both sides.

• Several body types for Blood Elves.

• Depending how Blizzard chooses to do it I’d like to either see San’layn or Dark Rangers be represented as well… though my preferred is with San’layn as their own AR and Dark Rangers as customization (or a class) for blood elves.

• Felblood Elves represented through customizations we saw on them in TBC.

• Updated Paladin mount for Blood Elves using either a Hawkstrider or Courser with armor themed on the Blood Knights.

By Somand

By Somand

• More Heritage Armor tints.

By Somand, Also includes Boot edit and coat addition to the hips.

Feel free to toss suggestions at me to add.

8 Likes

The mounts are top tier.

Curly styles, longer styles (like long long), braids. Not a belf thing specifically as every race needs these, though some need certain ones more than others (especially curly hair, there’s hardly any in the game and most races have none).

And this goes for both genders.

7 Likes

I’ll extend the commentary there to give examples of this nature.

Much of this list should be for both genders if not all of it.

5 Likes

The guy I’m talking to wanted to watch its a sin on HBO Max which by the way was very sad I didn’t expect it to be sad but then I realized it was set in the 80s and I just knew, like I may not have lived then but like I can put the timeline together and knew where the show was going. I think it also shocked me how I literally felt like it was 2022 minus like the absence of some technology which reminded me.

Anyways my favorite character on the show also had a hair style I liked on the show

https://i.imgur.com/1dKVLMq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KkJlJAQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/doLajCu.jpg

I feel like the pic obviously I really like both of their styles as options

5 Likes

These would be wonderful additions.

5 Likes

I took up my curly-haired mockup and added green and gold heterochromia to him, along with some light tattoos.

https://i.imgur.com/WZl6Z9d.png

5 Likes

6 Likes

I love the tattoos especially!

5 Likes
6 Likes

I was excited to see Liadrin w her adopted daughter but now I’m not so sure

Still nice to see the voiced version. And I love the original heritage and now the follow up re affirming Blood Elves as the heirs to the High Elf legacy and rightful inhabitants of Quel’thalas.

I wonder how we get the new color blood knight looking set though

8 Likes

At least so far, there seems to be an additional quest offered after the heritage weapon quest to Blood Elf Paladins specifically that, at least people are hoping, will award the new Blood Knight set.

3 Likes

Darn it. Gotta repeat the heritage quest on my Paladin so I can do the heritage weapon quest on her then.

3 Likes