Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Mag was right that there was no reason for BEs to lose visual uniqueness and we’ve only seen BEs get the short end of the stick because of it so in my eyes their stance was the correct one from jump

1 Like

There’s nothing I can say that will make you feel better about it Lann. And even if I tried, it would do little to assuage your feelings, especially coming from me.

All I can say is, I sincerely hope that Blizzard gives you the customization options you’re looking for sooner rather than later. It won’t make you feel any better about the sharing, but it might give you something to be happy about, if nothing else.

1 Like

I’m kinda wondering if I want to keep going.

I wandered off to play ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF WILDERMYTH instead of the new patch (would highly recommend if you want a 2000s style fantasy novel strategy game that’s heavily into story and pretty much always devolves/evolves into a pile of bisexual old lady disaster people fighting the monsters in my case), and when I came back…

I found out I still like leveling alts more than the new stuff. I got a few new pieces of PvP gear on ye olde main, but that’s pretty much it. You know what might make me touch Shadowlands in a serious way?

Customization for everyone!

And my paladin deserves freckles and cool scarification, and I would maim something lightly for some magical looking items to slap on my demon hunter.

2 Likes

You’d hate one of the things I’ve thought about at some point as an alternative to this mess of pulling one way or another (average out elven body types leaning a bitharder towards night elves, give expanded bodytype options, make all cosmetic options without exception available to all 4 subraces, hope the fallout subsides after a year)

I already said this in the anti discord and in this thread and Fen was kind enough to link the pic examples earlier but we need show version Loras Tyrell’s hair cut.

In addition to not providing any impactful additions to offset the loss of visual uniqueness, they dropped the ball on literally impactful additions period, I applaud the diversity additions but that for BEs amounted to 4 skin tones, why are there 10 shades of white? 4 shades I would have expected to be expanded on in SL life time.

BEs also lack short haircuts imo

Like in the pic Fen posted as requested or even below that like Guzzles suggestion

5 Likes

The loss of visual uniqueness doesn’t benefit anyone outside of the people who wanted the visuals of a core Horde race so off that alone I’d say you’re probably right.

However since I don’t follow the last part what do you mean by the four sub races

4 Likes

The women have more short styles. I want longer ones for the women.

5 Likes

I feel like it wouldn’t be hard to do a Loras Tyrell curly type style at that length I feel like it’d be no longer than this style just curly idk

And yes some longer styles for women too!

5 Likes

Yeah there’s a lot of hairstyles and hair colors that could be created just for Blood Elves or at least shared with Blood Elves from other races.

:star: :star: :star:My personal wants for shared hairstyles are :star: :star: :star:

Vogue and Layered from Nightborne.
Dynamite from Goblins.
Graceful from Lightforged Draenei.
Ox Horns from Humans.
Beach Waves from Kul Tiran.
Flipped from Gnomes.

:star: :star: :star:My personal wants for shared hair colors are :star: :star: :star:

Any and all colors/shades of pink.
Burgundy shades from Orc and Void Elf.
Purple and blue shades from Goblins.

:star: :star: :star:Bonus stuff :star: :star: :star:

Red eye colors.
Pink eye colors.
Orange eye colors.
Farstrider and Runic tattoos.
Scars and burn marks.
Body jewelry.

8 Likes

I want some light tattoos too but I’d settle for Runic or Farstrider in yellow or gold rather, because arguably those are most important in design and only really need a gold color for me to be happy in that regard

4 Likes

I feel the same in that regard.

3 Likes

I know curly hair is tricky to have look good in games (especially long curly hair), but the human ones don’t look half bad.

Much better than the rather dated one female humans and blood elves have. I’m inclined towards some more interesting 'dos, braids, and updos, and I’d really like to see a few of the new draenei ones come over to their BC counterparts if all new stuff isn’t in order. Given my druthers, though, blood elves would get lots of new stuff with all the braids and trinkets my magpie heart desires. Magic items that are also jewelry in fancy hairdos – sophisticated and practical!

4 Likes

To be clearer that’s a thought I had at the height of helfers trying to submit helf designs that were very literally white night elves, at some point I just thought the simplest way out of all this nonsense would be to just literally go back to how vanilla did it and remerge all the elf models and maybe that’d shut everyone up

The funny thing is, night elf female skin colour 6 and 7 have already been accomplishing this since Vanilla anyway. Oddly, night elf females have always lacked a proper purple.

3 Likes

Yeah, my shen’drelar mage has one of the paler tones, I assumed they existed because eastern elves in vanilla largely had those two but iirc they use different ones, even, from those

2 Likes

I always just assumed it was Blizzard trying to cash in on LotR bucks when they remembered gnomes existed and made them the forth Alliance race. Turn the night elves into discount LotR elves to match gnomes as discount hobbits and you can get a group to take the bracelet of power to the Burning Steps and cast it into the Cauldron.

2 Likes

So I am questing in Northrend (which I have never done fully just like Howling Fjord and the main LK zone) debating if I want to cut experience off at 47 and do zones I need for lore master or just let myself level and do them faster idk

Anyways I was doing a quest in Dragonblight (I wish I would have screenshot I clicked too fast)

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/WANTED:_Magister_Keldonus

The quest text is in the above link though its what he says when you complete it

“He wasn’t the first of those sissy spell casters to betray us, and he certainly won’t be the last. Damned shame, too… He was one of our best mages. He’d summon a buffet that would make your mouth water and your heart jump for joy…”

It’s in reference to a BE and once again I don’t appreciate that narrative directed at BE males, it sets this joking tone which is really rather toxic both to people who don’t feel that is their character as well as to people who may see their characters more feminine and then have to deal w backlash from people who are hyper aware of this narrative and then turn to being against BEs getting anything that might be construed as feminine like jewelry for example for guys which is not fair and a bit toxic in its own right.

7 Likes

I want the following:
From LFD
Vogue
Woven
Braided
Adventurer

From Draenei
Ponytail
Pull through
Braided
Tied Strands
Donut Bun

From Nelves
Topknot
Sombra
Shaggy

Dwarves
Shield Maiden
Knotted

DID
Fiery Maiden

Obviously they wouldn’t need to all be included or be exact, but some styles based on these but tailored to belves would be fantastic.

7 Likes

The new Hawkstrider got brought up in the anti discord and I have to say I do not like the description

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-patch-9-2-5-mounts-featuring-green-hawkstrider-datamining-build-42850-326444

“In defense of the Ghostlands, even the elusive green hawkstriders came to the effort.”

But sure sounds like after losing visual uniqueness BEs get to lose territory too

Not looking too bright for BEs as it turns out once again

I’m hoping it’s defence against a Scourge attack or something. Everyone’s been asking for the whole Scourge running rampant thing to be addressed.

1 Like