Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I like the nelf bounce personally, but a toggle is a beyond reasonable request. But yeah, I want them to start making more gear and stuff that will show things like tattoos and scars and add options for those and warpaint and stuff to every race.

What they should have done for belves in the first place is focus on the arcane, blood knight, and farstrider themes already present in the culture, and then if they were going to give our main visual theme to velves they should have given us dark rangers, san’layn or something in addition to the bare minimum of the existing themes.

9 Likes

I think what most people mean by this is something that void elves can’t copy. I mean, I get it. Just look at the character I’m posting on.

7 Likes

Another thread popped up about updating Silvermoon and it just prompted a thought tbh -

I kinda recall Softsongs stance / argument about High Elves who had previously not taken the Blood Elf name returning to Quel’thalas and their kin, I remember her arguments were much more detailed and written (mine is just kinda a general reference to that idea for example) but overall I would like to see that in an updated Quel’thalas as well, I think it’s the most logical story progression.

But then on the topic of customizations I’d like more NPCs to be updated to reflect all of our new options really

3 Likes

I’d love to see an updated Silvermoon. One that doesn’t have invisible blocks floating just above character height.

However, if Blizzard were to update it’s they’ll probably hand it to Void Elves because Blizzard is very bias in favor of them and very bias against Blood Elves as us evidenced by the handling of customizations, the fact that the WoD update for Blood Elves was highly delayed, incomplete, bugged, and how Void Elves got the polished version.

I’d rather have a buggy neglected zone than have it taken away and given to Void Elves.

4 Likes

I’m afraid of doing much on my dh there. I’ve been stuck free falling forever under the sunwell twice because of fel rush. Exploring with a dh is fun though.

5 Likes

I’d be apprehensive for sure, I think people who claim they have no interest in taking BE stuff lore wise aren’t entirely truthful at times based on what I’ve seen. For example people who were very active in the “I don’t just want to steal BE visual uniqueness I care about BEs too I want them to get things!” conversations are basically inactive on the topic of BEs but still actively pushing for VE stuff.

So it’s hard to say, but you combine that w Blizzards track record, for example VEs got in the core race pass despite it being said for core races, but when asked about BEs during the AR pass they came down w a “we’re just doing ARs rn :slight_smile: “ stance… which is kinda contradictory and considering one of the ARs they were doing already had a pass w the core races but anyways, I definitely see your point

4 Likes

This is one of the things I also want to see with an updated Silvermoon.

Show the high elves who’ve returned home now that Blood Elves no longer need to steal mana and with the Sunwell restored. There’s few reasons for them to stay away anymore, plus it gives more options for those who want to rp that sort of story.

I also want to see the Sunreavers and Scryers represented.

A lot has happened with the blood elf story and more than most cities Silvermoon needs an update.

Edit: depending on how they implement Dark Rangers and San’layn and if they add Felblood they should also be represented.

3 Likes

Lorewise returning High Elves is a victory for BE fans who wanted that solidified and explored

3 Likes

I think Orcs should get Afros

2 Likes

I think this would be nice

3 Likes

That’s the thing that has bothered me about the new customization options; the lack of any in universe addressing.

Love having the options, but the lack of clarity if this is neutral HE returning to Silvermoon or just BE that regained blue eyes, or a mic of both, is a :confused: moment for me.

Cause both have very differently poignant relations to the lore. One implies that BE naturally regain blue eyes with time, the other a whole demographic shift. And I’d really like a deeper exploration on that.

My personal headcanon is that it is a bit of both; but particularly that dalarani citizenry affiliated with the Sunreavers (whether openly or more privately) left Dalaran after the Purge and rejoined Silvermoon.

1 Like

This is totally not necessary.

We don’t ask people IRL for a five paragraph essay about the origins of their new hairstyle when they get a haircut. Why should every customization feature have an explanation?

7 Likes

Though now I’m reminded of that time someone from a RP realm was giving me a hard time bcz I kept changing my characters hair & he noticed in a thread, I sat there and contemplated if some RPers dislike non RPers doing what ever to their characters lol

1 Like

As a RPer I do not claim that guy.

7 Likes

I believe it was Softsong who made the notice that Lanesh looks like he is in former Scryer clothing, tattered / modified obviously but he’s been around too long for the Sunwell restoration to have changed his eyes back at that point, so if he was from OL and joined up w the Scryers then that would suggest the Outland HEs are more apt to siding with their people once given a choice which arguably they had none at the time but after BC seems arguable thats another group who would choose their people.

1 Like

You need my permission to change your hair. No one else’s.

6 Likes

Avarie Queen of the Andals and the First Men Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm has spoken!

6 Likes

It should be.

Though I don’t think it will have the effect of stopping certain other requests, it would still be a massive win for Blood Elves in general.

Too often I see arguments meant to claim the Thalassian elves are divided based on old lore and ignoring how things have changed.

There is little reason for the average high elf to not want to, or to be unable to return home. (nor do I see why they wouldn’t take on the name Blood Elf at this point.)

That is 100% something that needs to be added to a updated Silvermoon.

Still want to see Sunreavers, Scryers and members of the Shattered Sun Offensive. (And possibly Felblood, Dark Ranger and San’layn.)

They should though perhaps that should be discussed in an orc customization thread.

This was already said in a Cdev interview. 2 and 3 I think it was.

1 Like

I don’t see the point of Sunreavers being shown in Quelthalas, same w hypothetical RP tools / a second visually distinct set of options to offset the loss of visual uniqueness

Exiles Reach already establishes a new start point for people so the need to tie in w the original zones isn’t entirely necessary in that regard imo

The reason the returned HE narrative would and should be explored w an updated Quelthalas though is because Blood Elves are High Elves and the only valid continuation of that story, with many implications of HEs returning home that is more story for the narrative that they’ve always had as the playable High Elf race.

Scryers and Shattered Sun Offensive though seem more valid to be shown in an updated Quelthalas as well, more or less that campaign is over no? They aren’t tied to another nation the way Sunreavers are?

2 Likes

I’m personally not interested in seeing Helves return. Keeping them at arms length with being able to visit is enough. It seems like a sneaky way to get Alliance elves into a Horde city. And I don’t support that at all.

4 Likes