Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

We lost visual uniqueness repeatedly in each customization pass in the expansion core races were supposed to get decent passes in, why hasn’t every patch had customizations is my question, and what are they doing to justify BE fans pre ordering or ordering a new expansion if they even have the audacity to try to hold up customizations as a gimmick again

4 Likes

I don’t plan on pre-ordering.

I’m not even planning on getting the next expansion for any but my main account.

Outside of staying for my guild, all my accounts are inactive and I don’t buy tokens or store mounts even though I like that cat. I’m doing this boycott because of the sexual harassment and the mistreatment of Blood Elf fans.

I’m a little less angry now that Microsoft is involved. But I’m still pissed about belves being given the short end of the stick.

6 Likes

I am not pre-ordering. They would have to do huge customization passes for certain races available in SL regardless of pre-purchase status for me to even consider a pre-order.

7 Likes

Updated my little Belf list…

Just added a few pictures so not much but thought I’d throw it back up.

Blood Elf Customization List

Still a work in progress…

• Amber eyes, orange eyes, red eyes, pink eyes and black eyes. Also teals and between green and gold colors to represent our eyes shifting from green to blue or gold. (bonus if there is one for green to purple) Phoenix eyes as well.

• Heterochromia Eye Options

By Somand, Also features removable tiara.

By Somand, includes Dark ranger Red and Black eyes.

• Farstrider Warpaint

By Somand, Also includes scars, damaged ear and blind eye options.

• Runic/Arcane Tattoos

By Lance, Rommath tatts

• Henna Tattoos

• Pheonix or slightly fire/light based looking tattoos kinda like the Nightborne have going on.

By Ace

• More Hairstyles

• Scars, body and head…

• Damaged ears

• Pink and burgundy hair…also a few more shades and colors of hair in general.

• Ability to remove the tiara (and other jewelry) from hairstyles.

• jewelry for both genders.

• makeup separate and for both genders.

• Removed Jewelry from initial pass.

• Beards

• Eybrow Options

By Somand

• Fully encompassed blind options… Including half blind options that actually hits every color for both sides.

• Several body types for Blood Elves.

• Depending how Blizzard chooses to do it I’d like to either see San’layn or Dark Rangers be represented as well… though my preferred is with San’layn as their own AR and Dark Rangers as customization (or a class) for blood elves.

• Felblood Elves represented through customizations we saw on them in TBC.

• Updated Paladin mount for Blood Elves using either a Hawkstrider or Courser with armor themed on the Blood Knights.

By Somand

By Somand

• More Heritage Armor tints.

By Somand

Feel free to toss suggestions at me to add.

10 Likes

You are magnificent.

I wonder why it’s called silvermoon when gold is the motiff used moreso than silver?

I guess it’s named after the well of eternity water.

Goldmoon just doesn’t sound as good.

Cheesemoon.

Might as well call it Moonmoon city.

2 Likes

(sorry for double post)

Look, look how good we can look with orange eyes!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/941486816933068840/952699168328134716/EFndU1F.png
By Lancelot, orange red eyes and edits to Aluneth on my character Kyuu.

Thank you again Lance!

7 Likes

For the same reason it’s moonstones, the sanctum of the moon, the key of three moons

Also why I hate the “literal belore cult” idea

I like thalassian elves as embarassingly lapsed elunarians, which is the vibe Kael’thas gave in WC3 with Tyrande imo.

(My headcanon is that in elvish SMC probably has a similar name to what Zin-Azshari was named before Azshara renamed it after herself, Dath’remar and much of the high elf founders were from there, after all)

Anyway yeah I’m basically only interested in 10.0 at this point if there’s a bunch of customization passes (and if one of these customization passes includes farstrider tats, scars and warpaints + runic mage tats at the very least). It’s unlikely to be for the story.

1 Like

Very much this a key feature / selling point of SL and Blood Elves got an eye color, 3 new hair styles? The jewelry can’t be used by guys, and the diversity added is applauded but like 4 new skin tones is what it amounted to and lacks the nuance that idk the other 10 shades of white have.

What Blood Elves did see each customization pass was a loss of visual uniqueness which is very impactful, if Blizzard wasn’t prepared to do more for BEs then what they did they certainly shouldn’t have allowed that but here’s to hoping they won’t continue to and exclusives in the future stay that way.

I am fond of the Unicorn

3 Likes

Tempted to see if Somand would be willing to make one in the red and black of the Blood Knights.

I do like that one myself… though I flip flop between which I want more… the Courser or the Hawkstrider.

2 Likes

It’s a reference to Silverymoon, the elven city from D&D. https://i.imgur.com/N9hA8no.png

3 Likes

EDIT:
huh… not sure why its not working.

Edit2:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/906672614490128414/953575993782718484/N9hA8no.png

4 Likes

How’s this?
https://i.imgur.com/qNucO38.png

7 Likes

8 Likes

I love the unicorn sm :raised_hands:t5:

6 Likes

Absolutely perfect!

5 Likes

I feel like Loras Tyrell in the books has longer hair iirc I kinda forget we don’t have any Tyrell POVs which is a shame imo anyways that’s neither here nor there -

Show Loras Tyrell I brought this up already in the anti disc but I want his hairstyle for BEs

5 Likes