Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I have moved from the position of adding the “edgy” Blood Elves as customization back into their own allied race. I think the current Blood Elf customization should really explore current Blood Elf culture and identity.

I think the Blood Elf allied race could be the collection of the remaining edgy Blood Elves. San’layn, Fel Blood and Dark Rangers could be packaged together as a beefy allied race that would have almost too many options.

The Horde and the Alliance should have allied races for their Blood Elves and Night Elves.

As much as I’m not the biggest fan of dumping the maximum edge customizations on baseline night and blood elves, I really have difficulty seeing bliz make another elf AR or elf-exclusive class in a really long time

2 Likes

That’s kinda where I am too.

I want San’layn as an AR and even felblood and Dark Rangers but I realize that three more ARs all using the same model for the most part could get frustrating.

I want there to be story to explain those options as well, so I want to see the San’layn join the Horde and the Dark Rangers go through a storyline to solidify that they’re Horde. The Felblood to go through a bit about them being allowed in.

Which I fear won’t happen with simple customization.

But it could be done with a night warrior type questline.

I’m also interested in alternative racials cause I like that flavor. Maybe unlocked with the questline as well?

But I don’t know that blizzard will do that and so I’d live with those as customization alone. Fill in the gaps myself…

Then again I’ve been failing at that with my Wildhammer pretty hard.

6 Likes

I love felblood elves so much.

Mostly because of the winglets.

6 Likes

I think dark ranger customization should be belf exclusive. I hate the idea of nelf dark rangers though.

7 Likes

New expansion announcement on April 19th. Heres hoping we see some new customization for Blood Elves along the way.

Somand made some tints for Blood Elf Heritage armor so I’m gonna show those off while I’m here.

By Somand

Somand also made a new boot version since our heritage boot leaves a lot to be desired. Its made using a venthyr set boot and part of the heritage arm being repurposed as a kneepad while keeping the original belf heritage foot.

Very very nice.

Here are some closer views of them individually.

Silvermoon set (our current heritage colors)

Farstrider colorations

Alternative with Farstrider Warpaint.

One for the old days!

The Glorious Blood Knights! (this is my favorite)

Honorbound coloration!

And finally a dark ranger set! This one with a Dark Ranger wearing it.

All by Somand and all of it amazing stellar work! Thank you Somand for all you’ve done for Blood Elves. This is amazing!

15 Likes

I’m pre-empting for the inevitable undead nelves that I’m seeing coming from bliz’s nonsense

1 Like

Besides the need for runic tats, warpaints, maybe a few extra other kinds of decorations I was thinking

What about some things with lynx motifs too, like as secondary options?

Maybe spiders and bees? They’re probably a bit left field as a suggestion but given honey and spider meat are basically a significant part of the local diet in quel’thalas it could work (even if now that I think of it it would be like humans having cow tats)

1 Like

I love how the community council has someone asking for what little Blood Elves have left while ignoring how screwed we are.

7 Likes

Yeah that was in pretty poor taste.

6 Likes

I really hope we get good news for belves soon. We need our own exclusives that aren’t shared across to void elves and so major effort put in.

8 Likes

I made a mockup of blood elf eyebrow length options. Not especially exciting or unique, but sorely needed imo.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/904839619667972166/951242598704615475/BelfEyebrowLength.png
The bottom 3 are to show that the eyebrow length isn’t tied to ear length.
I also included upper ear jewelry for the medium and short ear options, because, why not?

9 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/904839619667972166/951242598704615475/BelfEyebrowLength.png

11 Likes

Wonderful!

At least one of my Belves would clip her eyebrows. Very much within her character.

I’d probably use the short ones on my half Orc half belf too… Since Orcs have no eyebrows. snicker

5 Likes

You snicker, but I weep.

(This is Lancelot.)

5 Likes

The laughter only hides my pain.

4 Likes

All of my elves would be happy to donate excess eyebrows to orcs.

3 Likes

I can only assume the shortest eyebrows would make you perma drunk

Female Orcs and Thrall have eyebrows.

So male Orcs must shave them, but Thrall never learned that tradition.

3 Likes

No offense but you shouldn’t be ever telling anybody off for folks wanting more customization for any race. Especially when you’re a nelf player. xD

12 Likes