Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Persistent’s hair is perfect.

1 Like

And though Ikniq’s hair is pretty great too, I’d love the option for that spit curl…

2 Likes

Yeah, I wish I could use this one Horde side. It’s one of my favourite hairstyles in the game. It’s a real Scandal (get it?) that my blood elves can’t use it.

3 Likes

…okay so Taer hasn’t updated. But if he does, he’s rocking one of the new male troll two tone hair styles that I will absolutely argue is the greatest new hair do and should be available on every character and every gender because it is amazing. Period, full stop.

…anyway, we’re overdo for another great Cata hairstyle exchange.

2 Likes

Um.

In case it was unclear to anyone, Persistent, Ikniq and Taer are all me. I have a lot of toons (hence my interest in customizations). And I occasionally alt hop for emphasis or to prove a point (such as the way that Taer looks fantastic except for some reason armory still has him wearing a bag on his head).

HAIR!

4 Likes

Which wouldn’t have made a difference where they got the hair colors from.

To want the HE aesthetic and then be like “awe it was BE hair colors this isn’t what I wanted” feels disingenuous in that any person doing that would be the furthest thing away from an example of someone who didn’t get what they wanted, they wanted the HE aesthetic, it would just change from complaining they weren’t unique because they came from BEs to complaining it wasn’t unique because it came from Kul Tirans, when the common denominator would be people just want to play down that they got what they wanted (not you just in general the people doing this).

It’s why I agree with Mags stance on that whole debate

4 Likes

Not to debate but imo the main issue with nightborne is more that they got zilch for customizations than the fact that what little they have is shared with nelves.

Shared aesthetics doesn’t bother me that much as long as blood elves get cool options, but then again I might be one of the few who kept my velf alt blueberry

6 Likes

My issue with Nightborne is that they use a mangled night elf model instead of a properly updated version of the Nightborne NPC model.
https://external-preview.redd.it/YswcU9DCiEKWq_VSUhzhyoNoN-shbrMacdarPJbO6AI.jpg?auto=webp&s=feebc917dea754229cf253f58d4498802025b633

7 Likes

My big thing is that I really adore options (like scars and tattoos and blind eyes and jewelry – especially the draenei and new nightborn options) that help visually tell a story about a character. Those are always going to be valued in my estimation.

Though would it kill Blizzard to give actual black hair to everyone who doesn’t have it? The shades of blue or off brown are not bringing me joy.

3 Likes

Forget joy! What we need is steel!

4 Likes

Look at that man’s beautiful hair.

That is terrible for a blacksmith, but gorgeous. My envy is absolutely palpable and Hearthstone remains the Fun One.

2 Likes

This will always be my issue with Nightborne because instead of giving us the NPC version with player bones they gave us a botched version of the Night Elf model and what makes it worse is by doing that it made it where we can’t get stuff shared from Night Elves to Nightborne because of it not being the same model like Blood Elves and Void Elves, it’s depressing because you know they didn’t put much work into it until the Nightborne/Lightforged Draenei customization patch and even then Nightborne still look and feel like they are miles behind most of the other races. :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

7 Likes

I was pretty pleased with what did make it in for nightborn… especially the new tattoos. Though they had me looking for booty shorts that didn’t look too lewd to show off my mage’s thigh tattoos (I did not succeed). And Dutier here came about purely because I was tickled by how good some of them looked now.

…but even though I love Vierard and his little sister, there’s a lot more nightborn could use. I would also like nightfallen and, failing that, at least their gorgeous black “burnt out” tattoos. I want those mana strands in hair options, and they would really benefit from some more filigree jewelry. I would love, for instance, anklets. Especially with diamonds or rainbow gems. Restrained, delicate… looking stupid expensive.

2 Likes

I like this a lot.

Updated models would be really nice to have.

I’d also like it (and this is the Fenelon in me talking) if they’d let the Rift Stalkers in the Telogrus Rift be tamable. I’d also like your Voidcursed hawkstriders showing up. (Also some Dragonhawks and mana wyrms voidified would be amazing as all heck.)

But truly I’d love to have some updated lynx’s for my belf hunter.

Those models are feeling a bit old.

Also this.

Annoying that they’re not using this opportunity to update older textures for customizations like that.

10 Likes

Ankletsssssss…

2 Likes

Void Elves are the real Blood Elves. The current Blood Elves are weak and did not agree to become Void Elves.

Popping in to remind blizzard that blood elves need some impactful customization with care and thought put into them. Tattoos, scars, freckles, ungenderlock the jewelry, give us more colors for the jewelry and toggles for hair accessories, give us braids, dark ranger and san’layn customization, and all the other fantastic ideas in this thread.

13 Likes

Void elves didn’t agree to become void elves.

6 Likes

Made some edits to this… trying to place things where they would go in the list but Somand packaged so much in one picture several times. >.< Amazing work.

Blood Elf Customization List

Still a work in progress…

• Amber eyes, orange eyes, red eyes, pink eyes and black eyes. Also teals and between green and gold colors to represent our eyes shifting from green to blue or gold. (bonus if there is one for green to purple) Phoenix eyes as well.

• Heterochromia Eye Options

By Somand, Also features removable tiara.

By Somand, includes Dark ranger Red and Black eyes.

• Farstrider Warpaint

By Somand, Also includes scars, damage ear and blind eye options.

• Runic/Arcane Tattoos

By Lance, Rommath tatts

• Henna Tattoos

• Pheonix or slightly fire/light based looking tattoos kinda like the Nightborne have going on.

By Ace

• More Hairstyles

• Scars, body and head…

• Damaged ears

• Pink and burgundy hair…also a few more shades and colors of hair in general.

• Ability to remove the tiara (and other jewelry) from hairstyles.

• jewelry for both genders.

• makeup separate and for both genders.

• Removed Jewelry from initial pass.

• Beards

• Fully encompassed blind options… Including half blind options that actually hits every color for both sides.

• Several body types for Blood Elves.

• Depending how Blizzard chooses to do it I’d like to either see San’layn or Dark Rangers be represented as well… though my preferred is with San’layn as their own AR and Dark Rangers as customization (or a class) for blood elves.

• Felblood Elves represented through customizations we saw on them in TBC.

• Updated Paladin mount for Blood Elves using either a Hawkstrider or Courser with armor themed on the Blood Knights.

By Somand

By Somand

• More Heritage Armor tints.

Feel free to toss suggestions at me to add.

11 Likes

I really really need all of this.

6 Likes