Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I’m still trying to figure out why no customization for anyone has made its way into the latest patch when they are obviously lacking across the board and allowing some races to be in each pass and others not, while others lack more than everyone, and others lost visual uniqueness either to the AR on their own faction like Dranei or opposing factions like BEs.

Thats the situation and their not taking every opportunity to make additions? What are they gonna do work on 2 races for the .5 patch and somehow let that same group thats been in every pass in again and call it a day? It’s disheartening and annoying.

4 Likes

You’d think when content is low, customizations would be a thing they could realistically do and get out to help fill the void. It’s not like artists are working on dungeon assets or anything.

9 Likes

Technically an extremely small amount did get added this patch, but it was only 3 new face options for male Night Elves.

And let’s face it, Night Elves are not in any way one of the races hurting for customization, and what they added didn’t even fulfill one of the more popular requests for the race. That being giving women body tattoos and men face tattoos + colour customization for their body tattoos.

4 Likes

I want tattoos and scars but Blood Elves are the fourth class race of wow.

Blizzard will forget about us as they give the other Thalassian elves tattoos, scars, jewelry, and all our hairstyles.

6 Likes

And then give them more additions to their main theme after getting ours as an entirely second visually distinct set of options.

That’s what’s annoying, BEs not only didn’t get additions to their main theme but we also didn’t get anything to compensate the loss of visual uniqueness, and things that get added like scars are universal so when / if BEs get them like it’s not giving very much other than what everyone should have.

4 Likes

I still find it odd how we are the parent race and yet the wannabe race that’s bumped off of ours has almost all of our customizations and a completely second set of their own customizations and yet they still ask for more when we don’t even have any unique or new customization stuff yet.

3 Likes

And it might feel a little bit less off-balance if Nightborne had essentially taken everything from Night Elves, but alas. In that department, the situation is basically the reverse of the Blood Elf/Void Elf fiasco: IE Night Elves get a ton, and Nightborne get nothing. Except in that case it’s the parent race with all of the options, and the AR based off it suffering for more.

4 Likes

Friendly reminder that some BEs fans all they wanted was to keep visual uniqueness, and Blizzard couldn’t even do that simple request for BE fans, yet the AR retains their own visuals and has a set theme now while managing to make it into every pass.

3 Likes

The wannabe race is a first class race as evidenced by the fact that they’ve gotten twice as many passes as everyone else.

The rest of the core races are second class denizens.

The other allies races are third class denizens.

And Blood Elves are last class because we’re the only group who is losing our individuality to the other faction without compensation.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m still waiting for a decent skintone, hair color and eye color on my Nightborne Warlock but the likeliness of that happening any time soon is well unlikely so I won’t hold my breath for that.

I was one of them that wanted normal stuff for only us and void stuff for only them but oh well Blizzard decided to give them all of our stuff including most of the “new” stuff so now we have nothing which is why this thread needs to exist. I just wish they’d listen for a change to Blood Elf players instead of just Void Elf players.

3 Likes

Blizzard can’t even be bothered to add the already existing red eye option to the data structure for Blood Elf eye options.

That’s like a zero effort thing. It would take 1 programmer less than ten minutes. Maybe one artist 3 minutes to change the color of an eye choice on the eye selection menu graphics using eyedropper on the eyes and then Ctrl u and boost contrast on the graphics file.

8 Likes

I know, Fallynn was who showed me that literally all of the Dark Ranger customization stuff could be given to us with very little effort but here we are still without it so yeah that’s why I said they really should take what we want and what we ask for into consideration for a change, especially after catering to Void Elves again and again and again until they pretty much ruined our race.

6 Likes

I’m just posting here so I can import on warcraft logs tbqh

I really wish belves could at least get some communication about being heard. If we could at least get word that nice customizations are being worked on, that would be fantastic.

10 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly.

The silent treatment is a terrible thing to be given constantly, and to be frank, it pushes customers away.

8 Likes

With the way customizations have been historically done, I would not doubt it being years before we see anything new.

3 Likes

I’ve legit been waiting for this since the general customization thread where the blue was actually saying what was being added or what was being worked on to be added to certain races before it died out mostly but nothing has been said since then so it’s been pretty disheartening, especially to the races that still need a lot of stuff or that had a lot of stuff shared from us like Blood Elves that need lots of new unshared customizations and a second theme like San’layn or Dark Rangers or both.

6 Likes

Closest we have is a tweet where someone mentioned passing along the request for blood elf warpaint to the art team. That was back in 9.0 though I think, and the silence since then has been brutal.

5 Likes

yea i remember you mentioned the blood elf farstrider tattoos, cant remember the cm response to you

1 Like

Was it the response where they said they were only doing ARs? Or was that a dif response?

The logic didn’t add up to me if there was suddenly a standard of an AR pass why did they let VEs skip the line and then also go in the AR pass? The cm never elaborated the logic on that, though it wasn’t really a question just sort of a plot hole in the reply imo

3 Likes