Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Ercarp has taken the majority of discussion points and utilizes them, it’s more a compilation of the High Elf group rather than his own musings.

That said he also knows when to denounce unrealistic points such as here:

Specific experiences do not extend to the whole discussion

People who advocate Silvermoon being the new High Elf capital or want High Elf Demon Hunters are not the majority and cannot realistically be used to attack High Elf inclusion, unless arguing specifically with that person. Same goes for the other side; if someone who opposes the High Elf inclusion says something out of this world and whacky, they themselves can be dismissed from the discussion instead of hypocritically being used to attack the anti argument.

Comes off pretty level headed from that and other stuff I’ve read.

But regardless, main thing was to show a bit more of his art and also just another way how people who were asking for High Elves took the time and effort to really organize and frame their wants and the whys of it.

I feel like it’s a helpful way to get a lot of information across in an easily digestible manner for anyone to use for any race pretty much.

2 Likes

That may be so but with a simple perusal he suggests that during the 2nd war the High Elves threw themselves fully into the war, seems to have a negative view on void elves and blood elves.

These things are always written with a point of view I find to be antithetical to the history behind it. Normally in locations where it wouldn’t change anything if they had the real answers there except that, as Blizzard intended, the high elves wouldn’t look quite as squeaky clean.

But also just generally gives me the impression that the writer doesn’t like void elves or blood elves as I said.

These three races are too interconnected to pretend one is better than another, and I don’t see the point in pretending the High Elves were hopped up on Alliance juice when they really weren’t.

If anything the nuance in how they were resistant betters the story of the High Elves we have now. It actually shows they grew.

Well as I said, its more how I end up taking it than anything else. I have no hate for the effort and time this person put into it. I know for a fact it was a great effort and there are plenty of good things there.

I am glad that the “retake Silvermoon” bit is refuted.

In this I am behind you/them.

This was a lot of effort and the high elf community has put in the time to push for what they want. That is not shabby.

And the art is magnificent.

2 Likes

And another one from Lance!

This time Rommaths tattoos for male and female!

Once more glorious work!

16 Likes

Yes… Yes! YES!!!

2 Likes

Somand and Lance are the best!

5 Likes

Glorious indeed!!!

TY Ty Ty Lance and Somand!!! We appreciate A LOT your support via art mockups. As Averie says, you guys are the best indeed.

Hopefully you both and Izzabelle (when she recovers) can come out to say Hi.

6 Likes

I’ve been lurking in the corner while I was out, and I have to say…

I’m enjoying the uptick in art, and I really, really REALLY REALLY like the idea of using some of the very fancy enchanted script in blood elf customization. And elaborate tattoos. I would be wearing those in a heart beat, and I don’t even have a caster blood elf at the moment.

…Don’t tell Naughty, but my belf warlock turned into a demon hunter MYSTERIOUSLY. I’m a simple woman, and I like tanking and faceplanting directly into the enemies.

8 Likes

Bad news … SYLVANAS.

Haha, I can see this and believe it or not I’m totally okay with that because as long as you enjoy what you are playing that’s what really counts, not everyone needs an army of Warlocks, I need it to contain my inner chaos and fire bug. :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

Please my man… Sylvanas had better rep between the Horde playerbase than Lor´themar back before the BfA chain of fiascos happened. One of the -sad- jokes on SF last year was precisely how we reached the time in which 1) the most senior racial leader is the Blood elf one and 2) the one with the best characterization and that brings less hate from the Horde players IS the elf.

Weird times… though Rokhan has a solid and nice writting basis, he just needs more screentime and an unique model and voilá!! Trolls once again in the top of the popularity regarding racial leaders.

Ty, we have tried to make this thread more “visually friendly”.

4 Likes

Well some of those look like what Mag posted a while back.

These are the Farstrider tattoos that should be exclusive to Blood Elves.

huh, wait.....

did he use nightborne skeleton to make this?

https://highelves.carrd.co/assets/images/image12.jpg?v50843112419851

1 Like

Ewwww… no Lann, I´ll respectfully pass in that case.

As I´ve mentioned several times I rather not get anything instead of getting Alleria´s hand-me-downs. I detest Alleria, literally want nothing to do with her. I vastly prefer Horde inspired warpaint -like the examples Izzabelle kindly comissioned for me- or Dark Ranger marks or stuff similar to the phoenix makeup.

I´m sick and tired of having to deal with “Alliance heroes” 24/7; I certainly don´t need their “aesthetics” polluting my cosmetic options too.

4 Likes

I think we disagree here bcz I would still say the only group asking for Alleria hand me downs would be VEs who quite literally have to beg to look like Alleria, because they don’t have the Farstriders.

Blood Elves have Farstriders they would be getting options that are inherently theirs and unique to their culture not for hand me downs to look like Alleria.

3 Likes

We disagree indeed. No matter how you put it, visually speaking those marks I´ve always seen on Alleria and developed a HUGE distaste for those. The Dark Ranger stuff AT LEAST was seen for Belves and Sylvanas in WC3 alpha.

It is fine if we disagree I guess…

4 Likes

This this this. We had to watch our model, our hair colors, our hairstyles (BUT UPDATED) and our hair colors go to the Alliance. We can, at the very least, advocate for San’layn and red eyes.

Also, daily reminder to remove tiara toggle!!!

6 Likes

haha i love this! are they still calling them alleria tattoos even though every farstrider had them at the same time in wc2 and even in WoW a blood elf farstrider has tattoos identical to alleria except they have 1 on each side and green

Imgur

wow havent checked in on these threads all halloween weekend. replies are in the hundreds, you guys were busy here

3 Likes

THIS.

I´m trying to decide between the red eye style used for Kael´thas or the one used for the Dark Ranger NPCs (it´s a little bit different in both cases).

5 Likes

Yes, It is about time for Blood Elves to have new updated hairstyles with multicolor options that even Pandaren would wish for.

Streaky hair colors like on pinterest.

6 Likes

I have… A troll lock and a void elf lock.

The problem starts if anyone asks me about my warriors. Or monks. I also hoard death knights, though to a lesser extent. And I have a few pallies.

Blood elves need more braid styles and updos for both genders, by the by. As fun as giant pony tails are, my crew could use some practical hairdos too. And while the tiara is cute, it’s… Uh…

Look, on any toon that isn’t a draenei or dwarf, I have reasonable hairstyle envy.

6 Likes