Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

I stand by seeing the only argument for Farstrider tattoos for the Blood Elves who have the Farstriders. So you know my position as well, but I would point out that after sharing the model, the non void skin tones, the hair colors and losing all sense of visual uniqueness, now hypothetical Farstrider tattoos are brought up to be shared it should come to no shock to you when people continue that trend to literally every other aspect of Blood Elf options.

1 Like

Oh, nonono!!! It´d be kinda embarrasing tbqh, Fen.

They took the time to entertain my petition AND this was the result of their effort (which regardless of te result was very much appreciated)… I don´t want to appear ungrateful to their contributions, especially when those were done for free XDXDXD.

I used to play with Photoshop ages ago (like 12 or 14 years give or take?). Maybe I should go back and try to make the fix (horrible as it´s gonna end up looking) for myself first so they can get a better idea of what I had in mind.

Well, it has never happened to me so… maybe it´s just only some particular players that just troll for the sake of trolling.

Two things:

1. Horde players aren´t a homogenous blob with a collective mentality, so I´d really apppreciate if you don´t judge us all under such label

2. Horde players (and most player IN GENERAL regardless of faction) don´t pay attention to how your toon looks when they are in gameplay mode. Please drop the issue, cause I think you are getting worked up for nothing in here and it´s derailing the thread with somethiung legitimately negative (for all you know you may get “kicked out” for looking like a Helf by a group of “Alliance players” or “Orc players”). That hypothetical scenario of it being done by “a group full of Blood Elf players” and that being good enough reason to leave the game doesn´t exactly translate as you having a genuinely good opinion on us… is that what you believe, that Belf players are “out for your toons?” Why come here and “walk into the proverbial lion´s den”, then?

Just drop it, Lilock. Destructive hypotheticals used to prejudge other players are but a waste of time. Even worse when you take into account that most players in this game play both factions nowadays… people that only plays one -like me- are hard to come by, and I can guarantee you I wouldn´t start a kick vote over how other player´s toon looks or the race it belongs (it WILL sound harsh, but while in gameplay mode, I don´t care to notice the looks of the rest of the toons, I´m tyoo busy trying to NOT screw up for that, period).

Would they be actually shared if they look absolutely different from each other?

No seriously, think about it… if the game lets you choose only something similar to this for the Belf toons:

https://i.imgur.com/SBLSEyZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/1WIMMS6.png

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/e3/61/f5e36141c6547e6a3a8f3a9f241ffbd2.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/79/0c/f1/790cf12e1c34abc2c3c48192dbb5445b.jpg

While the Velf toons can only use something similar to this:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/644401-alleria-brisaveloz.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/zlqg8l4uyd851.jpg?auto=webp&s=0f71fa8bed4000c64dfda25b76e25087c7e4c022

… look different. VERY different. I don´t see the “shared” part whatsoever.

It´s like saying that Orcs nor trolls should had gotten tattoos because the Grimtotem Tauren NPCs had them first and they “owned them”. Why do you think I sell the “Farstrider” stuff NOT as tattoos BUT as warpaint? cause I want to get the Orc treatment, a clear differentiation so I can use both warpaint AND a runic tattoo / scarification simultaneously, not just one OR the other (the Orc classification is the best one as far as ways to provide uniqueness are concerned).

3 Likes

Lance and Somand are the best. Somand did a BE unicorn mount for Paladin yesterday and I’m a supporter of that!

2 Likes

I am not surprised by folk continuing to request. I knew full well they would, despite my hope that most of it would calm some.

As for farstrider tattoos specifically they’ve been a request for high elves the whole time because of Alleria and that viewpoint that its somehow more a high elf thing and not a blood elf thing… which I never got… (Cause… y’know. The Farstriders are a blood elf organization.)

That said I get people wanting to hold onto it for blood elves specifically, I don’t think thats wrong to request despite my not being in agreement on it.

<.<

Uhm… >.>

Ooops. >.>

When Mechagnomes were new it was a LOT more common for mine to get kicked from groups, and I fully think it was just trolling for the memes at that time. I mean a lot of people dislike Mechagnomes but back then it was just “ew diaper baby” and kick so…

Nowadays they don’t normally say anything and just kick though a few months back I got a whisper. That guy was clearly upset about their inclusion. But MOST of my groups do not kick me for being a Mechagnome.

2 Likes

Mega-LUL, Fen. Omg, give a truck of apologies in my name T_T… I didn´t want to sound ungrateful.

The recent examples I like best, especially the first one… see how the contrast between the colors make the eyes look totally different to the original golden? the second example is great too cause there´s something “unnatural” on those eyes -and one would think magical eyes of this kind would NOT look like your average arcane/fel/light corruption. Heck, they remind me a little bit on the rinnegan eyes but colored XDXDXD-.

Imagine that using the other 4 color scales of the Felo´melorn artifact, hehehe… good job, Lance and Somand!!!

Overgrown babies gonna thrown temper tantrums. I stay firm on my belief: the races per se are NOT an issue for 99% of the playerbase, especially when they just want to get done with theyr mythic+ and move on (as a matter of fact the people kicking out your mechagnomes are certified idiots… the racials of those are probably better than the Human racials… morons, guess who should had gotten (or would get) kicked out in actual high end content?)

1 Like

I actually didn’t say anything to them. >.> They saw it in the thread I think and refined it a bit for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

They are such good folk, I cannot explain how much I appreciate them!

Actually I was thinking of asking if they could try the other color scales if this batch was more to what you were looking for.

Now you mention it I have not been kicked out of ANY mythics on my Mechagnome and one guy even said “Oh good a MG hunter.” and seemed to actually have meant it. lol

Lol, then I hope they see my apologies in this thread… SORRY LANCE, THE FIRST ATTEMPT WAS GOOD TOO, I´M JUST A BLIND IDIOT!!!

I´ll admit I like the second and third better though… heck the third is growing so much in me thanks to the anime fangirl factor (those eyes look, like I mentioned, like a colored version of the Rinnegan):

https://pm1.narvii.com/6197/e8e1bfb3b59f0ddf9d67bb9eaebc8beccd280dd3_hq.jpg

You know what, I´m gonna make a shameful claim for future petititions: rinnegan esque and sharingan esque eye designs for Belves to play both the “phoenix angle” (the rinnegan) and the “Dark Ranger / San´layn” angle (the sharingan).

Imagine your average thalassian elf vampire / undead with eyes similar to this:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0EcHQcXtAHk/maxresdefault.jpg

Fight me, people!!

It is. In an ideal world controlled by only me I´d use this eye options or design to replace the current blue and purple eyes that are shared with the Velves (but I have to take into account some players probably like trhe current options better, so…). Heck, I´d replace the golden and green ones too just for the complexity factor alone.

That´s because the MG racials are the best out of the AR batch.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind this but I think it might be hard to represent within WoW’s detail scale. :stuck_out_tongue:

Understandable. I normally operate under the assumption that once something is added it shouldn’t be removed. Someone may be using it and once its given it would be a harsh thing to take away.

Ya damn right! Mechagon Prevails! :gear:

They uh… saw you mention of night elf eyes.

3 Likes

The Sharingan surely is out of their detail scope, but Lance basically made phoenix colored rinnegan eyes back there in his third attempt, hehehe…

A MG is waaay scarier than a Kul´tiran Human my dude.

1 Like

I said it before but I would kill for a half shaved and long tapered hairdo. Ugh.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t we all?

2 Likes

Aye, we all would. That kind of haircut screams Horde. The suggestion made by Lilock looks awsome in the guys and I bet it would too in the gals.

Omg, they are very pretty!!! I suppose the green ones would be a pick you would consider for Fezzy the Grumpy druid?

2 Likes

Just saw this. TL3 ACTIVATE!

https://preview.redd.it/zlqg8l4uyd851.jpg?auto=webp&s=0f71fa8bed4000c64dfda25b76e25087c7e4c022

10 Likes

Absolutely!

Been waiting for green eyes for him for an age.

Also might take it on my Shen’dralar cause it bothers me that they fed on the magic of a demon for 10 thousand years and had no ill effect… not even an eye color change.

Ty for the TL3 magic, Fen!!!

I hope my argument can be easier to understand with the images. When we go and actually look, both artistic designs are NOT similar, ergo I -at least- wouldn´t consider the assets “shared”.

If the toons in one side can´t pick the options of the other side, then there is NO sharing, period. Just races getting different tattoo / warpaint options just like Orcs and Trolls and Tauren got, no more and no less.

Going back to the Shen´dralar, I do agree they should had had green eyes if only to justify Maiev´s rampaging against them ffs. The purple could be for the new students we saw in Cata.

4 Likes

I would also like to point out that this also lets you get BOTH Runic Tattoos/Scarifications AND Warpaint/Facepaint/Makeup for Blood Elves, just like Orcs as do.

So you get more bang for your buck.

6 Likes

Yup, exactly this. One could put on the phoenix eyes and the first image on Izzabelle´s mockups with some runes in the forehead and in the chin, for example. Or just one option, etc.

That´s why the Orcs got “so much”… cause in them the tattoos are one thing and the warpaint is another separate thing. And it worked magnificently, frankly all races could get something similar to this.

4 Likes

The more options the better I say.

I agree with this.

That sort of concept where they’re broken up as Drede mentioned would immensely help matters on blood elf customization.

Also if our paladin mount was updated. >.>

5 Likes

Been a while since I’ve seen Ercarp’s work. That artist has such lovely designs for High Elves.

Then I came across them having made this:

https://highelves.carrd.co/

Super amazing work. Old, but still amazing. Hope the ideas in there get used on Velves that way people wanting the Blood Elves to have unique tattoos can keep it that way.

1 Like

I’m generally never a fan of these things. They’re always written from one point of view normally pooping on both Blood Elves and Void Elves. Just generally turns me off.

I don’t want to say that the writer intended to do that though; it just always feels that way to me.

The art is good though.

3 Likes