Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Does upvoting mean so much to people? A like doesn’t mean anything except a like. It is my choice on whether to like or not like. I don’t have to like every single post from everyone.

:woman_facepalming: No, you’re right. I have never posted art. Why? Because I have been dealing with with people such as your self in other threads attacking everyone.

First of all, I have only flagged one person in this thread, and I only flagged it once. I don’t switch alts to mass flag on people. And if the post has been removed, along with several of my post, then it means it wasn’t even falsely flagged.

Seriously Ariel, but this is entirely false.

First of all, who is Dr Femur? Why don’t you link to the post?
Second of all, I am against people using Mental Health as a way to post on the forums. There is no way that I support that sort of behaviour from anyone, don’t care if your apart from the Anti or Pro High Elf communities.

1 Like

Only posting to support Ariels argument not engaging further but I can confirm both comments made at the expense of my mental health as well as likes given to people mocking mental health of myself or other antis, which is Ariels point on hypocrisy / the act not working on her.

1 Like

Ok, so why don’t you guys link up the so called post of where I support these so call claims of people using mental health as a way to insult others.

1 Like

I loved all of the examples, especially the Paladin art and the hair style of one of the male BEs which looked a bit like a NE hairstyle part

People from her community tried to leak your irl information for harrasement (and that leads to Doxxing and other actually scary bad behaviours and threats on the internet that can scalate to SERIOUS consequences) and she didn´t do anything. Sorry not sorry, but I don´t have to buy her lies when, I repeat, her very actions contradict these empty words.

Frankly, I don´t get the obssesion with interacting with us. We don´t get along, so what? Last time I saw none of us needed the Pros for anything (and I pretty much doubt they need us for anything). They can mind their business and we can mind ours, period. We don´t have to be friends, heck, we don´t have to interact at all, period.

I´m this close (puts fingers less than 1/2 inch apart) from asking Linxy on the thread she posts in GD if the idea of following an aesthetics similar to the Lavellan Clan of Dragon Age (with the tattoos getting portrayed on the forehead, around the eyes and in the chin) would be possible for Blizz or it would put them in legal trouble.

I rather get my heart broken now so I can detach to this idea sooner and look for alternatives than to hope and hope and hope and wate time with an impossible dream.

2 Likes

I’ll put it this way, if you Anti’s have a problem with me being in this thread, why don’t you all just mass flag me and tell me to get lost? You all do that all the time.

I’m not trying to cause trouble, but post some suggestions, but it seems you all are against someone doing that.

That’s not appropriate for this topic and will just continue to derail it. Any personal problems people have should be handled off forums.

This topic is about customizations. And should stay that way.

3 Likes

So can you tell them that please? I don’t want to fight over something that has nothing to do with this topic.

1 Like

they arent even anti, you two shouldnt be fighting. you have nothing to disagree on

Talking about going on topic… What do you think about the tattoo design made by Tiago Alexandre in the video I linked yesterday?

I´m trying to deduce if the idea is well liked before I ask Linxy over the probability of getting something among those lines for the Belf runic scarifiations and tattoos (frankly the style is scarily similar to the Lavellan Clan style, but maybe Blizz can work around it?)

2 Likes

I’m very pro tattoo and not sure why a lot of races didn’t get them. Beards and scars as well. WoW is about war. Sometimes years of war. It’d be nice if some of the customizations reflected that.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe the Blood Elves didn’t get the runic tattoo that we saw from the TBC Box

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/World_of_Warcraft_-_The_Burning_Crusade_coverart.jpg

It should’ve been given.

1 Like

To be fair I think there is more nuance than that, and someone shouldn’t simply agree with others even if they were on the same side on specific details.

But thats neither here nor there I just wanted to make a point I think people bring things to the table as individuals and I value input based on an individual basis :hugs:

I know you and I disagree on some areas, but when we do agree which is a lot of the time too but when we do agree I value what input you have just like I do with others

3 Likes

I tend to prioritize a second visual theme to balance out the fact VEs second set of distinct options infringes on BEs visually, that and Farstrider tattoos exclusively for BEs.

But I would say as is after BEs lost visual uniqueness I’d be a bit disappointed if all we got were some scars and hairstyles that should be more of an every race thing should have those, so I agree with you on every race should have those.

2 Likes

Indeed. I just want an unique configuration for the Belf version of those (I can´t stop repeating how much I would NOT like to get Alleria´s hand me downs restricted in colors). The overall idea of what I would like to see for the Belves is this:

https://youtu.be/0Bzi6pBKjRM

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e4/25/ee/e425ee2da0fe3dcb20d5d734a2e1d7a1.jpg

https://www.pinterest.es/pin/21673641946185463/

The art apparently are comissions done for people that plays clan Lavellan in Dragon Age. I find the aesthetics different to both Alleria´s and the Nelf ones (maybe there´s some similarity with NB style though). I´d just put Belf stuff like runes and phoenixes / suns / birds / flowers (maybe) in exchange form the tribal lines.

8 Likes

To me the only group asking for hand me downs would be Void Elves who don’t have Farstriders as an organization so they quite literally have to just beg to look like Alleria, where as BEs would be getting something that is inherently theirs. Hence why I think it should be a BE exclusive.

4 Likes

Ugh, I forgot you can still see what someone says even if you have them ignored if someone else quotes them. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

3 Likes

i cant see their posts, so i assume they are peddling that the farstrider tattoos that they all had back in wc2 are ‘alleria tattoos’

its funny because that group is still horde

i think ill just link this too in case they are trying to push red eyes or something for blood elves again because a couple mages can create anima golems on occasion and that it somehow overrides the sunwells arcane/holy 24/7 energies to give them that color. softsong did a good job teaching this pro high elfer

its fine if not everyone agrees on everything. and i didnt mean you, i just thought it was odd two pros were arguing like that

Pulling for everyone to get scars and tattoos does not have to mean they look the same.

Tattoos especially. Since they usually have tons of variation in design.

7 Likes

Wrong, we are against toxic people participating in here for the sake of it.

Look Sara, you can´t erase the fact your very first post on that toon was NOT about posting the suggestions, but about defending a troll that came here with a malicious intent so obvious Soul literally told him/her/whatever to go away. You can´t expect us to take your “support and ideas” seriously when I repeat:

1. You don´t suggest actually UNIQUE stuff (no Sara, quoting the verbatim people cites in this place does NOTHING regarding uniqueness. “Runic tattoos”… sure, which design? exclusively for Belves or are you people gonna jump to demand those too? you basically cite the vague remarks any other non compromised poster cites but nothing truly oriented to fulfill visual uniqueness for the race).

2. You don´t comment, post images nor even upvote the actual ideas promoting uniqueness other people post in here, and that exploded after the 9.1.5 announcement (I mean an upvote at least tells us you are agreeable to some of those weird niche ideas people proposes as exclusive assets for the Belves. But you don´t even do that, something as simple as a mere click).

3. Commit the social equivalent to a /facepalm when instead of putting the ideas / suggestions / whatever first, you literally jump to attack regulars and afterwards pretend for us to take your “genuine care” seriously. No sorry, your intro letter was terrible, why would I believe you legitimately care when instead of participating on the topic of the thread first and playing social warrior for trolls after, you actually chose to act the opposite?

Look Sara, I´ll be blunt: we don´t get along, we will never get along for several personal reasons. And this is perfectly fine. You don´t have any obligation to post here, and we don´t have any obligation to be your friends. The only obligation we both have is to act respectfully in our interactions, no more and no less.

Yup, basically this. We aren´t talking lore proper here, we are talking visual aesthetics that -hopefully- reflect the lore.

And it´s a fact that the Warpaint the elf toons used in WC2 while they were called “High Elves” didn´t made it in WC3 when they got their “Blood elf” name… as painful as that is. And it´s another fact that the only elf in WoW proper who continues to use some version of celtic warpaint IS Alleria, a Void / High elf. Not Halduron, not Lor´themar, not any of the average rando Farstrider NPCs polluting the game.

To deny the Velf fans their petition -when they are the ones that actually appreciate Alleria- and the chance to get that kind of artistic tattoo designs is hypocritical. And saying this does NOT make me a “Pro”, it just makes me self aware.

This too doesn´t mean Belves can´t get their own twist on the concept (after all the concept ALMOST made it in WC3, it was present in some alpha files and the stuff hilariously enough was similar to what we ended up seeing as Dark Ranger tear marks) and Belf fans can´t suggest their own versions of “warpaint” that step away from the design used for Alleria so the thematic of Farstriders using warpaint as a cultural thing is represented (cause yes, the Farstriders ARE Horde and belong to the Belves).

What matters, the way I see it, is to get visually unique stuff. And this can be perfectly achieved with differences in design, not with radical stuff like denying the tattoos to once side regardless of their fanbase.

7 Likes