Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

ALL the WoW races are beautiful, I don´t think we can legitimately call any of those “ugly”. Which makes more evident that the “namecalling” is used as amysoginistic trope, to try and “demean” both the toons and the people using them.

If anything, the Belves could use an aged face or two for the females imho.

Take some from the Nightborne, we have so many. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edit - I meant to change to posting on my Nightborne Warlock but my point still stands regardless. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Nightborne IS a good example, cause the faces look aged without looking Scrollsage Nola levels of ancient.

I´d happily remove two and in exchange give you guys two of the Belf facial options.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s no secret that I like beautiful characters. People see me share art of my characters all the time. They’re mostly gorgeous by my standards. I like aesthetically pleasing characters, it’s just a thing. There’s honestly nothing wrong with it.

The ‘barbie’ insult was more of a jab toward the giving blood elves just jewelry and such, and just being seen ONLY for their looks, which is what unfortunately people do. I’ll at least call my pretty characters ‘tinker bell’ then, because I secretly adore those movies (especially Neverbeast, that is totally my comfort movie.)

But I want to see FIERCE and MONSTEROUS beautiful characters too. Elves that can look very nice but also rip your throat out if they so please.

A song title by Maria Brink, basically. I can’t share the entire song title, but I’ll say " ‘Intimate behavior’ Metal Barbie".

But yeah. To make it clear, I’m not knocking looking nice, sorry if I came off that way.

5 Likes

Lol, I admit I laughed but I actually miss Scrollsage Nola this xpac because I got way too used to her last xpac.

1 Like

orcs arent ugly, they’re exaggeratedly masculine. trolls aren’t ugly, they’re unique/sorta artsy, humans aren’t ugly, they’re muscle bound, even the females as their forearms were nearly as wide as their hands and fingers kinda stubby, tauren, goblins, gnomes and dwarves aren’t ugly, they’re …how do i put it…i dont want to say cute…comic relief. only ugly are the male forsaken lol… and thats on purpose, as they are meant to be tragic and scary. nelfs were the only “pretty” race, prior to belfs, but such strong athletes that their hands and calves are ginormous. belfs were the first and only graceful race, with tapering fingers. fairly normal, proportionally.

i’m gonna make me one of these hehe

but this is too creepy for me

4 Likes

It totally comes as a surprise to now one, I’m sure, that I’m totally trying out a Reaper on my male au ra :heart_eyes: Who is currently a Dark Knight.

My Miqo’te though I’m going to try Machinist. My lover loves the look of Sage, so that’ll be cool to see.

3 Likes

i figured as much. my current main is white mage/conjurer/astrologian/summoner/scholar and thaumaturge. her armory is too full lol but gonna add sage, provided endwalker launches before the global banks crash lol

1 Like

I repeat: no wow race can be called ugly. They are quite fine and frankly, use all the irl modern beauty tropes.

The male Nelf model does have a weird proportion on their hips to waist ratio though.

4 Likes

My primary job in FFXIV is WHM right now, but I plan to level Sage from 70 to 80 in Endwalker before doing any WHM leveling to see if I like it enough to swap to it as my main job. I really want to like it enough to swap :slight_smile: but it has to actually feel good to play.

4 Likes

scholar is fun till the first raid, then its just not capable of keeping up. if it was as efficient as whm, i’d run it instead. its kinda like a disc priest in wow

1 Like

oh meant to tell ya my main is hyur but, with alphinaud’s hair. i actually bought his hairstyle cause i love the elfin braid.

3 Likes

I added more sub time to prepare for the mage tower and I just wanted to drop in and mention one of my big concerns of belf future.

That concern is that they double down on the “light” and make us the light elves to mirror the void elves.

I never liked the light with the Sunwell because it was forced onto us. I always liked the fel path or now even a blood magic path because it’s a choice that belves can make for themselves.

8 Likes

they know how many belfs wanted san’layn, druids and dark rangers. belfs dont have a main theme, as they’ve always been a bit on the edgy side, which gives them the freedom to play so many classes. the lore doesnt have to be mangled so new classes can be available.

i personally thought they were prime real estate for sun-based stuff because of the sunwell, to appease belf players who like the light theme. but its one of many. i mean look at velfs, we have alot of possible combinations.

Of course it was bound to happen. Doesn’t change the fact that Ariel is still antagonizing the people for no reason but boredom.

Yesterday there was a recent discussion on Argent Dawn-EU trade chat on the Horde-side which discussed these the US forum topics. Without opening any wounds: Everyone agrees that the Blood Elf players were too toxic and that the constant harassing/bumping was the reason why the Alliance got their High Elves before they went back discussing if the PCU is too much dominating the RP-scene and if a certain Night Elf druid cannot shut up with his quizzes in Stormwind.

Sooner or later we get a better character creator where these problems become a thing of the past.

The Mechagnomes were one of the biggest missteps when it comes to Alliance fanservice. They didn’t bother giving you all the Heritage armor colorizations, nor make the Lich King expansion Mechagnomes available for you. And they are wearing diapers. Who in their right mind would do this? Just give them robotic pants. They were an absolute failure of a race and not even the insane racials will help out here.

Of course you would expect people to take your word for this without any proof.

You said it, so it should be true, right?

As if you’re one to talk.

Why are you here if it’s not to do exactly that.

You don’t care about Blood Elves, you’re here just to start trouble, as usual.

You proved what Fen said right, congratulations.

Oh, they don’t? I guess all of TBC was a fever dream then.

Cough

I’m sorry, I think I choked on the irony there.

9 Likes

well belfs main theme in tbc, started off as quite edgy, bitter and irreligious. then the naaru fixed the sunwell

i mean they are holy enough to be actual pallies. velfs are not. they could feasibly be taught druidism and even shamanism without mangling the lore. edgy enough for some to fall off the wagon and join darker themes, etc, without it being lore destroying.

Yes they do, their theme is literally the high elf culture, and being survivors that will do anything to survive.

Except for liadrin, it still is. In fact void elves makes a joke on this in game. Rommath is the king of blood elf edgy, and he represents the part of the magister portion of the blood elf theme. They also have the farstrider theme as they should.

2 Likes

there we go! some are holy enough to be pallies, some are edgier, and that gives them wiggle room that many other races dont have.
gnomes and mechagnomes cant be paladins or demon hunters. lore reasons. nelfs cant be paladins. not sure why. velfs cant be paladins or demon hunters. lore reasons. neither can worgens. draenei and lfd cant be demon hunters, neither can dwarves and did. lore reasons. belfs, thematically, are so fluid, they could play every class without lore arguments. i suppose their might be some pushback from shaman players