Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

9 Likes

Well I grew up on the WC3 - TBC ones, so I am bit biased. They felt more powerful and demanding. The Survivalist at great cost mentality was very unique compared to other medias elves.

I feel like they basically did to them what they did to the Night Elves. Made them more ‘human’ to fit in.

Problem is all the Blood Elf leaders, Liadrin included, keep getting typed i less then glorious roles.

Rommath being the only one I actually like now-a-days.

And yes, those Fel Tatts are amazing.

2 Likes

Ugh wow the problem with those images are that I just want the felblood elves playable all the more. Like that’s super awesome and I love them… argh! I wish there was more stories on the felblood elves and possibly them allying with Silvermoon, sort of an offshoot group like the Ebon Blade is to the scourge, or the Illdari is to the Legion.

The want is so real. ;-; They are so much cooler than the direction I see blood elves going right now in my personal opinion (again I know my opinion isn’t majority since apparently people like non-monster elves more).

11 Likes

Not terribly different from some portrayals of the Tolkien elves, I think?

Considering how “good” are the average Blizz writers regarding gray writting, yeah I rather get a less “edgelord” vibe. Look at how bad they dispatched Kael´thas for the sin of making an Alliance with Illidan at the end of WC3.

He was made into a meme ffs. Look at current Sylvanas, the poster child in how NOT to writer an abuse survivor, and so on…

I sustain someone on the executive ladder of Blizzard actually really likes Rommath, we don´t joke in SF about him being always right for the lols.

He literally ALWAYS ends up being indeed right regarding his opinions, it´s hilarious. I adore him -will fight Midare to death to “own” him -not really, as a friend we settled for scheduling his time between both of us XDXD-.

Is not that we “like” the non monster version more -at least in my case- is that I have like ZERO faith Blizz won´t literally villain bat them to the point of stupidity if they seem remotely edge-lordy (certified has happened every time on the Horde side of the story… Edgelord monsters in the Horde get relegated to villain fodder smh).

I like how the designs are still somewhat appliable to a regular “nature loving” Farstrider too… the second image look like inverted leaves and all.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s the big concern, I agree. Which is so annoying because I feel like they did a good job with Forsaken & Death Knights PRIOR to like… Battle for Azeroth. They showed nuance. With demons too, in Legion, and how some just… want what they want and not destruction, but in some cases, ‘fun’ (shoutout to matron mother who bloody better not be censored or removed, coming from a female gamer.) It all went super downhill in BfA and they got rid of practically all the nuance. I still wish I could pretend post-Legion never happened, I could write a better fanfiction for that AND Shadowlands. Bold claim, but… it wouldn’t be that difficult.

6 Likes

I´m absolutely sure you can… i´ve read better fanfiction in AO3 than the piece of narrative garbage that was BfA.

The way I see it, the more options, the better. We need more cameos of pragmatic individuals like Rommath to balance with the Light based babbling stuff said by Liadrin, for example. That way the people that loves to play a “bland” elf on Horde can do so and the ones -like myself- who want a more nuanced portrayal can get their wishes fulfilled too.

4 Likes

Yeah agreed, and I wish they showed more of the light being used for one’s willpower rather than faith-based since that’s the actual lore. My paladin (yes shockingly I have one) uses her light abilities to protect those she considers her family & friends, which do include many undead & demons, because it’s about the person, not race. I know the Argent Crusade (I think people have gotten the hint that I’m like… in love with them and the Ebon Blade) also had the same sort of mentality in terms of working with, but not against, others.

2 Likes

In short: we need moar Solanar -for the serious no-nonsense portrayal based in pure logistics- and Vranesh -for the “I´m an unapologetic jerk and STILL like that the Light follows muh command, complain to the hand if you dislike” part-.

God damn, I miss “Blood of the Highborne” portrayal of the Blood Knights. They were waaay better than the long eared human Liadrin degenerated into in WoW.

2 Likes

They are more like “They’re better, because their elves.”.

Like, they are powerful, but that because they where literally made that way.

Immortal, beautiful, knowledgeable about everything, ect.

Blood Elves started out a bit like that, but lost it, then became powerful because they took it. They where not willing to wait around and become victims again.

To be fair, his story was a fairly good, we just did not get to see most of it.

Just POP now he’s a raid boss.

Oddly, he is the only “Kael’thas Era” Blood Elf left with any kind of focus.

And he has the Runes to show it.

Oh myyyy.

He should have been the Blood Elf leader IMO.

I choose to believe some still bend it to their will through the Sunwell but I have yet to see that being the case.

3 Likes

Well my man, i don´t think Solanar would be terribly “devoted” -the guys probably is still more than a little bit salty over Falon´s fate- and Vranesh is a literal lol. that guys has too much pride and ego to “beg” the Light for help (I can already visualize him calling it “plebeian” or something.

I like Lor´themar, he´s -again- a nice middle way between Rommath (who´s VERY angry and confrontational) and Halduron (who´s quite passive all things considered). Heck, he´s so in the middle these two literally coddle him like their baby (no seriously, they were the ones that got him shagged by a cougar, that wass probably my favorite part of BfA, the hilarious dialogue regarding them acting like wingmen between Lor´themar and Thalyssra).

He literally inherited the “I work for my people and the wellbeing of the Belves is my most important goal” part of WC3:TFT Kael´s characterization.

3 Likes

They really should focus more on them then Liadrin. It would definitely help the ‘image’ a lot more.

1 Like

They always do when it counts, though. Lor´themar´s portrayal got “ruined” more to work in favor of terribad Baine and terribad Calia tbqh (those parts of BfA were cringe AF). The first iteration of his dialogue at the end of Nazjatar was SO good in comparison (mentioned the Belf commitment to the Horde and all)… but you see, the writers still insist in selling the Horde playerbase the idea Baine doesn´t suck, and that IS a failed premise by design.

Baine sucks because he´s nothing but a plot device to give cameo and importance to Anduin and Jaina… and as a Hordie, the less I want is to get “reminded” how “cool” they are.

1 Like

“Lets forgive Jaina for the purge a second time and storm the gates of Orgrimmar together! (A second time)”

Yeah, that part bugs me.

Literally a MoP repeat as well.

1 Like

Talk about why is bad to accept hand-me-downs. BfA´s narrative was basically a bad ripoff of MoP, worsening the characterizations and ruining entire development for characters.

SL has not been any better, because the issues continues: the issue is trying to make Anduin THE protagonist of this game. At the end everything always end up involving him and trying to prove he´s right for… reasons, blegh.

1 Like

Anduin is literally “The good boy.” everyone is supposed to like and trust.

People disliked Varian, but at least he was interesting.

1 Like

Varian is a Nobel Prize tier character in comparison, please.

He at least had defects. Anduin is such a lore blackhole the narrative literally bends to prove his point while his BS is the same ol song of always, and while he taughts everybody about stuff he shouldn´t even have an idea about… (sure dear, “teach” the Orc about “Orc honor”. Peak writting there, if the fact you are nothing but a Pet pseudo writer self insert wasn´t obvious enough that worked to make it evident).

He´s a static character as far as actual development is concerned, his arguments have been the same since MoP when he started to hijack the story of this game (even his mistakes are weirdly “ignored” in-universe; I mean I didn´t see nobody telling him "you were wrong about Garrosh, kid) back in WoD ffs.

2 Likes

The way things are going, it won’t really matter. But hey, maybe we’ll be able to play together once the faction barrier is broken.

Actually the forsaken as a faction is of multiple undead races, not just lorderons.

2 Likes

I live for the banshee burns/tear marks! They look delightfully wicked. I really like what they did for Dark Rangers in Reforged.

6 Likes

They look VERY scary, the marks are amazing!!! I likew how they can be useful too to portray some sense of weariness.

Uhhh… I see only your reply. I guess the hidden answer was for me, then.

To anyone that communicates with that portion of the Helfer crowd: please pass on the message I consider their opinion useless and irrelevant as far as my own PoV is concerned, I won´t remove them from ignore and much less answer them. They can stop wasting their time with me in here and should try to revive some semi-decent iteration of their own echo chambers instead.

5 Likes